Angled Doom v0.8, ADP v2.1 and AD Lite v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jdredalert

Re: Angled Doom v0.666 and ADP addon Released! 19/12/2019

Post by jdredalert »

Yes they are, and they look awesome. Except maybe for the grenade launcher which is too much derivative, but i could always fit the Q1 Gl that i'm using in Angled Doom Plus. I remember that when i did the grenade launcher i tried to replicate the success with the other Q1 models, but they are just too primitive to look good in the angled perspective, so i dropped the idea of a Angled Quake of sorts until i found Captain J's rips of Deathmatch Classic. Now i can think about that again!
Thorogrimm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Thorogrimm »

I love the new enemy models you've added. I also noticed you removed the UAC logo from the rocket launcher, which seems like it's more in line with the original aesthetic. Nice work!
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Thank you Thorogrimm, i'm happy to know that you're enjoying the mod! Stay tuned for more updates soon!
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

I'm not gonna lie: I've always wanted to see something like this, and I'm surprised nobody's really done it yet. That said. . . this is going to take some getting used to. :p It's great, don't get me wrong. I'll check out the Plus addon later. Would there be an option to use only the classic enemy sprites?
talisa

Post by talisa »

Steve1664 wrote:Would there be an option to use only the classic enemy sprites?
you could simply download and use AD v0.5 if you dont want the enemy sprites :wink:

thats what i personally use too, as i feel v0.666 adds to much changes from vanilla with the skins and adds to much features
Dklark

Post by Dklark »

In the future would it be at all possible to make a lite pwad version of this with just the weapon sprites, like Perkristian's Smooth Weapons pwad?
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Oh, sorry for the late replies, but i've been very busy these days.

There's still no release date for a 0.7 version, but among the things planned is an option to turn the new enemy skins on or off.

And sure, i can do something in the likes of an "Angled Doom Lite" with only weapons. It's quick and easy to do, so i may arrange that for this week, even if i'm almost without any free time.
jdredalert

Angled Doom: Angled Doom Lite released! 21/12/2020

Post by jdredalert »

You know what? You guys are always so supportive to me and the project that i think you deserve this as a gift today: i just arranged an Angled Doom Lite file for you guys right now. Grab it here or at the first post.

I know it's just basically AD stripped from the new visual features and we cannot consider that as an update, but i hope that people that disliked the new additions can enjoy it until i can sort the next entry on the main file. My real life job is eating me alive and i feel that i have less and less time to even sit in front of the computer, let alone to mod something, but rest easy that i'm still on the project 8-)
Dklark

Re: Angled Doom: Angled Doom Lite released! 21/12/2020

Post by Dklark »

Thanks so much, I so appreciate you listening to my request. This is a great project you have here. Take all the time you need. Life comes first. Cheers jdra!

edit: Just had a chance to load it up and play and I think you might have accidentally uploaded the full version instead of the lite version.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I'll take a look later today when i go back home, don't worry ;)

And thank you for your kind words. I'm really happy with the acceptance of the community towards Angled Doom, and to see that someone is having fun with my mod is what motivates me most.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

jdredalert wrote:I'll take a look later today when i go back home, don't worry ;)

And thank you for your kind words. I'm really happy with the acceptance of the community towards Angled Doom, and to see that someone is having fun with my mod is what motivates me most.
This is what i like from ya'! also, in ADP, will you do some work on the revolver based on the feedback that everyone's been getting?
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Yes! The revolver will be redone in a more balanced fashion! ;)

I believe i should always listen to other people's feedback. I know i have a vision for my mod and i can't just do everything asked by everyone, but i'm also doing my work for the community enjoyment, and hear the player base is essential to maintain the satisfaction. Sometimes i may think that i'm adding a stellar new feature, but then it is rejected by the majority of the people. I must always be willing to absorb the feedback information and apply it back in the game.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Dude, I dont know what you did, but Angled Doom Plus is just really hitting a groove of mine I didnt even realize was there. I know you're trying to keep it vanilla, but I do have to ask, how many bullets does the SMG hold? I see its doing the Duke Nukem thingie, where 12 shots=reload, but I cant seem to tell when the SMG runs dry. Other than that, its just really hitting the spot, not to mention the sprite work is top notch.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Unborn, maybe I'm just more observant of my ammo counter, but I think it reloads every twenty rounds.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Yeah, it's twenty rounds per reload.

Some people asked me to add a manual reload function so you could just reset the counter for the auto-reload guns. This is something that will come in the next version. Until this, keep your eyes peeled for the amount of shots you're firing :wink:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”