Berserk Only

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DOTHEDA

Berserk Only

Post by DOTHEDA »

This is a very simple mod I made that starts you out with a berserk every level with the caveat of never being able to use weapons, only your fists.
I made an easy mode version that replaces ammo with health to make up for the fact that you're going to be taking a lot more damage overall.
Why did I make this? I don't know, I just really like melee only modes, but the melee in Doom sucks and giving you a berserk every level fixes that.

Downloads:
Spoiler:
MrRumbleRoses

Re: Berserk Only

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

this could make for some interesting challenge videos
Whoah

Re: Berserk Only

Post by Whoah »

That's a neat little concept. The melee in Doom is definitely something that takes a decent amount of patience. I had a little idea to spice things up, though. I was thinking, you could put the chainsaw in there, but make it affected by berserk, and have it spawn on like rocket-launcher tier spawns and above. I dunno, it could be cool to mix things up, and expand on the concept of this mod. Either way, neat mod!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”