Berserk Only

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Berserk Only

Postby DOTHEDA » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:19 am

This is a very simple mod I made that starts you out with a berserk every level with the caveat of never being able to use weapons, only your fists.
I made an easy mode version that replaces ammo with health to make up for the fact that you're going to be taking a lot more damage overall.
Why did I make this? I don't know, I just really like melee only modes, but the melee in Doom sucks and giving you a berserk every level fixes that.

Downloads:
Spoiler:
DOTHEDA

Github ID: DOTHEDA
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Re: Berserk Only

Postby MrRumbleRoses » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:10 am

this could make for some interesting challenge videos
MrRumbleRoses

Re: Berserk Only

Postby Whoah » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:49 am

That's a neat little concept. The melee in Doom is definitely something that takes a decent amount of patience. I had a little idea to spice things up, though. I was thinking, you could put the chainsaw in there, but make it affected by berserk, and have it spawn on like rocket-launcher tier spawns and above. I dunno, it could be cool to mix things up, and expand on the concept of this mod. Either way, neat mod!
Whoah
Confusion is my natural state

Return to Gameplay Mods