Doom 4 Vanilla 3.2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doctrine Gamer

Re: Doom 4 Vanilla 2.3 - NEW version

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I tested, lite version working perfectly now. Thanks. :thumb:
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Any buffs for the heavy machine gun over the chaingun, or Mark V pistol over EMG pistol?
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

what's with the names for levels for Doom II? it's like you can't really play Doom II mods with levels that have new names when using this to know what there really called
Phobos867

Re: Doom 4 Vanilla 2.4 - NEW version

Post by Phobos867 »

VERSION 2.4 RELEASED
DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw115lj8b5tcw ... 4.zip?dl=1
  • -Fixed a bug where some enemies get stuck on a loop: You may have seem this before: A Mancubus repeatedly using the flamethrower against no one or the Barons jumping without move. Most of the time this was caused by Lost Souls, so I fixed that. This still happens after saving and loading (on vanilla).
    - Rebalanced the "Grenade" Cyberdemon to be more fair
    - Added the BFG Edition numbers (thanks to MadGuy)
    - Added better compatibility for some textures
    - Improved some sprites, like the Cyber-Mancubi
    - Fixed the Mark V Pistol lighting (GZdoom)
    - Hell Razers now have quick-relatiation: Balance was tweaked appropriately (to be more engaging, not more difficult)
    - Updated E2M8 and E3M8: E2M8 have some pillars and better item\enemy placement. E3M8 have a secret BFG.
    - Improved frame animations for the Gauss Cannon blast 
    - Other minor tweaks here and there
MrRumbleRoses wrote:what's with the names for levels for Doom II? it's like you can't really play Doom II mods with levels that have new names when using this to know what there really called
There are some technical reasons behind this. I may remove it later on.
Last edited by Phobos867 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Phobos867 wrote:VERSION 2.4 RELEASED
DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw115lj8b5tcw ... 4.zip?dl=1
  • -Fixed a bug where some enemies get stuck on a loop: You may have seem this before: A Mancubus repeatedly using the flamethrower against no one or the Barons jumping without move. Most of the time this was caused by Lost Souls, so I fixed that. This still happens after saving and loading (on vanilla).
    - Rebalanced the "Grenade" Cyberdemon to be more fair
    - Added the BFG Edition numbers (thanks to MadGuy)
    - Added better compatibility for some textures
    - Improved some sprites, like the Cyber-Mancubi
    - Fixed the Mark V Pistol lighting (GZdoom)
    - Hell Razers now have quick-relatiation: Balance was tweaked appropriately (to be more engaging, not more difficult)
    - Updated E2M8 and E3M8: E2M8 have some pillars and better item\enemy placement. E3M8 have a secret BFG.
    - Improved frame animations for the Gauss Cannon blast 
    - Other minor tweaks here and there
MrRumbleRoses wrote:what's with the names for levels for Doom II? it's like you can't really play Doom II mods with levels that have new names when using this to know what there really called
There are some technical reasons behind this. I may remove it later on.
might be a good idea. also i've sorta discovered something weird. but i've had weird situations where i shoot i think like the hell knight or something. and it turns into that drone thing. i don't know what mod(s) is causing that to happen though

Update: it seems the bbgore_colored_blood_for_cacodemons_and_bruisers_vanilla mod causes the barons to turn into those drone with the backpacks
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

MrRumbleRoses wrote: might be a good idea. also i've sorta discovered something weird. but i've had weird situations where i shoot i think like the hell knight or something. and it turns into that drone thing. i don't know what mod(s) is causing that to happen though

Update: it seems the bbgore_colored_blood_for_cacodemons_and_bruisers_vanilla mod causes the barons to turn into those drone with the backpacks
That may happen if you're loading some very specific mods
Even so, you can play D4V with gore mods like Bolognese or Nash Gore. They are mutually compatible afaik, just don't use anything for colored blood.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Phobos867 wrote:
MrRumbleRoses wrote: might be a good idea. also i've sorta discovered something weird. but i've had weird situations where i shoot i think like the hell knight or something. and it turns into that drone thing. i don't know what mod(s) is causing that to happen though

That may happen if you're loading some very specific mods
Even so, you can play D4V with gore mods like Bolognese or Nash Gore. They are mutually compatible afaik, just don't use anything for colored blood.
yeah i've been discovering that with some mods i've put together via mod loaders and such. this mod is pretty cool. i've been sorta thinking about revisiting Doom with it again, or perhaps using Doom The Way ID Did. but i don't know
Phobos867

Re: Doom 4 Vanilla 2.5 - NEW version

Post by Phobos867 »

VERSION 2.5 RELEASED
New update with A LOT of fixes. This time more focused on GZDoom and Zandronum.
DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m670fqtdeod0 ... 5.zip?dl=1

- Better compatibility with the Odamex source-port
- Reduced the radius of the Baron of Hell, to be more fair when fighting on cramped spaces
- Fixed more instances where the Baron get stuck on a loop state (GZDoom)
- Fixed the shellbox sprite being replaced with shells (GZDoom)
- Better brightmaps for Cyberdemon on hardware mode - the fire sword will glow as intended (GZDoom)
- Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind will glow on the death explosion as intended (GZDoom)
- Fixed the sprite flickering that happens when you fire with the Super Shotgun (GZDoom)
- Fixed the animation when firing the SSG without ammo to reload (GZDoom)
- Fixed the BFG wrongly doing the firing animation (but not shooting) when you have 20 ammo (GZDoom)
- Fixed some ammo inconcistencies with the BFG (Zandronum)
- Improved the BFG sprites (pixel cleaning)
- Improved the Super Shotgun sprites (pixel cleaning)
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i'm thinking about mmaayybbee doing a revisit of Doom 64 For Doom II with this mod. but, what would be the right loading order for the mods?
Phobos867

Re: Doom 4 Vanilla 2.5.5 - NEW version

Post by Phobos867 »

VERSION 2.5.5 RELEASED

Here's a slightly updated version to comemorate the Doom Eternal release (not really lol)
It may not be much, but I'm taking the opportunity now because I don't know how much time I will have on the next few days.

I also added a list on the first page with some of my favorite gzdoom add-ons
Spoiler:
Have fun!

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfhpr508umogp ... 5.zip?dl=1

v2.5.5 CHANGELOG
- Major overhaul on sprites (mancubus, revenant, lost soul, hell razer and cacodemon)
- Slighly gameplay tweaks to improve the action and make some specific combat scenarios more enjoyable
- Shotgun is slightly faster (the way it was on the first release)
- Added multi-directional firing sprites to the Cacodemon (how I not saw this before?)
- Fixed the offsets on the Mancubi flamethrower
- Slighly updated E3M8 with some fixes
- Fixed some brightmaps (hardware mode)
- Added the revenant trail to the IOS projectile (don't affect gameplay)
- Fixed a few minor bugs
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:what would be the right loading order for the mods?
Sorry, I didn't saw your question. You need to first load the map07fix (if you want to use it), the D4V wad and then the custom mapset. I also recommend loading it with the -nodeh parameter to avoid conflict with other dehacked files. You can find more information on the instruction files and also here.
Phobos867

Re: Doom 4 Vanilla 2.5.6 - NEW version

Post by Phobos867 »

Version 2.5.6 RELEASED
DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/epa6v1fz7fq4e ... 6.zip?dl=1
  • - Fixed a very nasty bug on GZDoom where a Lost Soul corpse could block the player shots (a HUGE thanks to silentzorah for letting me know)
    - Better texture compatibility for Doom Core and Alien Vendetta
    - Fixed rendering issues with some map07fix files
    - Improved some old textures
    - Smaller fixes and other minor tweaks
Phobos867

Re: Doom 4 Vanilla 2.5.7 - NEW version

Post by Phobos867 »

Version 2.5.7 RELEASED
DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4b6rsq3wat2xy ... 7.zip?dl=1
  • - Fixed the shotgun bug on GZDoom (thanks @Spectre01)
    - Fixed some blood flats not getting animated on GZDoom
    - Improved weapon brightmaps (software and hardware)
    - Improved some weapon animations
    - Improved the flying blood animation
    - The Pinky sprite is a bit larger
    - Reduced the Gauss Cannon cooldown
    - Improved the imp XDeath sprites
    - Slighly decreases the bullet ammo count
Korell

Post by Korell »

I just tried v2.5.7 with D64D2 (one of the recommended mapsets) but when using that PWAD the Gore Nest is bugged. The sprites for the Spider Mastermind and Cacodemon keep showing up and it attacks like a Cacodemon.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Okay so Personally I find the Supershotgun animation to still be really janky. It goes to reload to soon after firing and the reloading animation feels like it takes way to long. I would recommend having the firing animation be a bit longer and speed up the reload animation by 25%

Return to “Gameplay Mods”