Doomreal [1.1.4]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Beta] Doomreal

Postby wildweasel » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Here's an actual bug report, then: dying while firing the Stinger's primary causes the sound loop to get stuck. I'd imagine this applies to other weapons with looping fire sounds, as well.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby snarkel » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:36 pm

Awesome release, i'm having a blast trying this out on various mapsets and whatnot. Although i still haven't played too much, one little nitpick i want to bring up is that it seems like you are using the new Stinger shard textures from 227j which makes them darker and much harder to see. Is it possible you could change it or maybe make a small addon to return the brighter classic shards? I'd make it a bit easier to aim with the Stinger.
snarkel

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:00 pm

wildweasel wrote:Here's an actual bug report, then: dying while firing the Stinger's primary causes the sound loop to get stuck. I'd imagine this applies to other weapons with looping fire sounds, as well.

The fix for this was applied in a doom tournament update. All weapons stop CHAN_WEAPON sounds on death/drop now.

snarkel wrote:Awesome release, i'm having a blast trying this out on various mapsets and whatnot. Although i still haven't played too much, one little nitpick i want to bring up is that it seems like you are using the new Stinger shard textures from 227j which makes them darker and much harder to see. Is it possible you could change it or maybe make a small addon to return the brighter classic shards? I'd make it a bit easier to aim with the Stinger.

I uh... I don't even have 227j? I'm just using the 256x256 version of the texture from beta versions, before it was downscaled for whatever reason. Didn't notice that it was darker.
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Discord: 霧雨魔理沙#1666
Twitch ID: MarisaDOOM
Github ID: OrdinaryMagician
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby BoneofMalkav » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:06 pm

Loving the mod so far but I noticed the main menu for some odd reason doesn't scale correctly for mouse controls in 16:9 aspect ratios (cursor has to activate main menu items from top left corner of screen) I'll see if I can grab a screenshot of the issue later.
BoneofMalkav
Jesus Builds That Dang A Lang a Ding Dang Dong Hotrod Yo

Discord: BoneofMalkav #5547
Twitch ID: BoneofMalkav
Github ID: boneofmalkav
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:19 pm

Weird, I thought I DID fix the mouse input scaling. Hell, I've been playing on 16:9 all this time so I would have noticed.
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Postby snarkel » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Marisa Kirisame wrote:I uh... I don't even have 227j? I'm just using the 256x256 version of the texture from beta versions, before it was downscaled for whatever reason. Didn't notice that it was darker.

Huh, i actually didn't know that texture was from the beta. Either way, thanks for the fix. Also, i realized on your current github build that the Minigun seems to be shooting bullets from way above your head instead of from the gun, not sure if that's just me or if some little error slipped by
snarkel

Postby Enjay » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:22 am

This is very nice, very nice indeed. The quality of both of your Unreal mods is, frankly, stunning. I'm so impressed.

Question about the minigun casings - they seem to spawn very high. Was that how they were in Unreal?
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:28 am

Oh, about that, might be related to the bug that was fixed recently. While the forums were down I put out beta 3 hotfix 1 and beta 4.

Oh also I'm going to have to eat a sandwich of my words for what I told ww, because turns out the various fire speeds for the dispersion pistol actually match up nicely to doom's tic rate.
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Postby Soul Sucka » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 am

This is nothing short of incredible. Great work!!
Soul Sucka

Postby Laggy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:43 pm

This is quite nice. Thanks for including a classic weapon sound addon, too!

I feel like the Eightball Launcher's timing is a little off, though.
And I miss being able to reload the automag just by switching weapons. V:
Laggy

Postby snarkel » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:56 pm

Just dropping another piece of feedback here, i'm nearing the end of my first playthrough and I'm currently using your most recent github build and I've realized that the fireblaster is horridly underpowered. only 20 damage per shot when each shot takes 10 ammo seems really bad. especially when i could just use something like the automag for nearly the same damage for only 1 ammo. So unless i'm using it wrong or it just isn't meant for stronger enemies, the thing seems nearly unusable.
snarkel

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:18 pm

Oops. Maybe I shouldn't have nerfed it.
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Postby snarkel » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:32 pm

Another piece of feedback. (Also not sure if this is the best place to keep dropping this. If you have any other places i can drop feedback in, let me know!).

The Dispersion pistol seems to be able to fire endlessly regardless of the charge, when you reach 0 ammo, the one shot recharges nearly instantly resulting in endless fire. I'm not sure if this was intended or not as i'm pretty sure the Dispersion Pistol only operates like this in Deathmatch but i figured i should mention it in case it isn't intended.

Some other little things i noticed are the Dispersion Pistol charge shot not changing back to blue on low ammo. More of a nitpick but again, figured i should let you know in case thats not an intended effect.

Also, while the Fireblaster is better now, it still seems really weak compared to other weapons. Its way more efficient on ammo to just use the Flamethrower for anything unless you don't have one. I feel like it could either use another damage buff or at least make it use less ammo per shot. 10/20 seems really extreme given the fire rate and dps.

QUICK EDIT: Another thing i forgot to mention. Nali Fruit Seeds seem incredibly common. I'm able to stockpile more than 20 by the time i reach the third map in a set. Might want to maybe lower their chance of spawning a bunch to avoid stockpiling nearly infinite health.
snarkel

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:06 am

Oh oops, failed to notice that was deathmatch only. I will correct it.

About the Fireblaster / Flame Gun I'm now understanding why that weapon was never really implemented. Since post-nerf it was actually using the damage values of the original (10/20). The ammo usage is also the same, too. It really does suck even though I went and at least made it rapid fire for primary and shoot sub-projectiles for secondary. We'll never know how it was really meant to work, but I get the idea that it wasn't exactly the best thing ever.

Seeds I guess I could increase the rarity of. Should also find something else to replace armor bonuses because after a couple maps you end up with hundreds of flares.

Edit: If there are any other known bugs please report ASAP, as I'm getting ready to prepare Beta 5.
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Postby Enarkz » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:40 am

Why does it say i need Gzdoom 4.3.0 despite the last version being 4.2.1 on the official site ?
Enarkz

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods