Page 1 of 7

Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.8]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:54 am
by Simon-v
If you're anything like me, you love playing your Doom with DoomRL Arsenal. If you're also like me, you always regret having to leave those rare items behind when you move onto the next map or game. If you're also like me, you feel that DoomRPG is a bit too much. If you're also like me, you wish to have a sense of progression and accomplishment with your games.

I made this, so i can have that. Now i give it to you, so you can have it too.

Features:

  • Buy stuff!
  • Sell stuff!
  • Unlock stuff!
  • Hoard money and blow it all on hookers and booze!
  • Cheat death!*
  • Preserve your accomplishments across playthroughs!
  • Pick up items that dropped in inaccessible locations!

*Eligible persons only. Void where prohibited. Standard restrictions apply. The company may change or cancel the offer without prior notice.

A more serious feature description:
Spoiler:


It is not fancy. It can even be considered bare-bones. However, it's also streamlined and, generally, not fiddly.



The source code is available in a git repository. A more detailed description and usage hints can also be found there.

Satellite mods, provided in the same repository, include:
  • Nuclear Barrel Early Warning System — Pops up a warning when approaching a nuclear barrel. Those things are dangerous.
  • Fluid Assembly System — Reimplements the assembly system as it, arguably, should have been done in DoomRL from the start. Just put mods on your weapon. When an assembly requirement is met, your weapon will transmute without any additional input. Also, lower-tier assemblies can be upgraded to higher tier (e.g., Gatling Gun -> Bulletstorm Chaingun) if the requirements are met.
  • No Perks — Skips the class selection menu and goes right into the game with a pistol start and no class perks.
  • Always UV — Skips the difficulty selection menu and goes right into the game on Ultra Violence.

All those can be used separately, or not used at all, to match your setting to your personal preferences. Due to actor inheritance, these files must be placed after DoomRL Arsenal on the command line to work properly.

Download links:
Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System
Nuclear Barrel Early Warning System
Fluid Assembly System
Always UV
No Perks
Boss Music Patch(Bonus!) Replaces the demonic boss music tracks with tracks from the DoomRL Arsenal soundtrack.

The current version is 2.8; It is compatible with DoomRL Arsenal 1.1.5 and DoomRL Monsters 7.3.

Known issues:

Spoiler:

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:16 am
by Bodhisattva
Sounds interesting. How exactly does it "keep my accomplishments across playthroughs"? Does it work between completely different WADs, or between multiple playthroughs within one WAD only?

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:29 am
by Simon-v
Bodhisattva wrote:Sounds interesting. How exactly does it "keep my accomplishments across playthroughs"? Does it work between completely different WADs, or between multiple playthroughs within one WAD only?


Your credit score and unlocked store items are preserved between maps, playthroughs and WADs. In addition, loading a game within a WAD restores the player state to the way it was at this point of time.

A practical example: If you sell a Power Mod, save the game, sell a Bulk Mod, then load the game, you will have the state of only the Power Mod sold (that is, the Bulk Mod will still be "unknown", and you will only have 200 credits from the first sale). If you then start a new game, or a new WAD, you will be credited for your end-game state, and start with your default gear, to build your fighting power once again.

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm
by Bodhisattva
Your credit score and unlocked store items are preserved between maps, playthroughs and WADs. In addition, loading a game within a WAD restores the player state to the way it was at this point of time.


Now that's neat! This mod will be great to play with permadeath on ObAddon levels, generating a new one after every death. I really like the idea of having some kind of progression between different WADs and playthroughs without the need to use DoomRPG.

Btw, I've just tested the mod and haven't found any bugs or other issues, so... great job!

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:47 pm
by will183
Can we sell weapons and if so how do we sell them?

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:15 am
by Bodhisattva
will183 wrote:Can we sell weapons and if so how do we sell them?


Press the DRLA key for dropping weapons/items while holding the weapon you want to sell, then the shop key.

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:30 am
by Turin Turambar
Cool, I started to play with DRLA just three days ago and I was wondering how weird it was that this roguelike thingie didn't have a system to sell or scrap stuff.

Also...
"Fluid Assembly System — Reimplements the assembly system as it, arguably, should have been done in DoomRL from the start. Just put mods on your weapon. When an assembly requirement is met, your weapon will transmute without any additional input. "

I thought it worked like that! lol

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:45 am
by Enarkz
That's the mod many of us waited :D It deserves that DoomRL gets more weapons

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:06 am
by Simon-v
Bodhisattva wrote:Press the DRLA key for dropping weapons/items while holding the weapon you want to sell, then the shop key.

The only exception is special backpacks, which don't prompt before dropping.

I will consider spelling this out more explicitly in the README.

Bodhisattva wrote:Now that's neat! This mod will be great to play with permadeath on ObAddon levels, generating a new one after every death. I really like the idea of having some kind of progression between different WADs and playthroughs without the need to use DoomRPG.

Thank you, that's very nice to hear. It seems that you are, in fact, more "like me" than expected!

Bodhisattva wrote:Btw, I've just tested the mod and haven't found any bugs or other issues, so... great job!

I would sincerely hope so. I spent a non-trivial amount of time trying to make sure i could finish a whole megawad without running into a single issue, however minor.

Enarkz wrote:That's the mod many of us waited :D It deserves that DoomRL gets more weapons

Perhaps, it's worth mentioning, that this mod does not add anything that's not already in Arsenal (with one exception). In fact, i specifically tried to change as little as possible while reaching my design goal. So, most credit should, probably, go to Yholl & Co. Maybe, you'd like to drop into the other thread and show your appreciation there?

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:42 pm
by Yebudoom
Simon-v wrote:If you're anything like me, you love playing your Doom with DoomRL Arsenal. If you're also like me, you always regret having to leave those rare items behind when you move onto the next map or game. If you're also like me, you feel that DoomRPG is a bit too much. If you're also like me, you wish to have a sense of progression and accomplishment with your games.

Well, it seems we're quite similar in some respects. Thank you for the mod, it will add a great icing on an already amazing cake. Gonna test it thoroughly and report if there are any bumps on the road. Great job!

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:52 pm
by Dr_Cosmobyte
Let me see... So Fluid Assembly System gets your guns done and makes no questions? I believe there are weapons which you must deny a first assembly so you can make a master assembly, like the Super Machinegun (BPPF, i think).

So how to avoid making the High Power battle rifle and going straight to the Super Machinegun?

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:10 pm
by YasuoProjectX
Oh **** me, i was trying to cheat those money from Cheat Engine then it crash. Fine ill going to play nice without cheat lol

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:55 pm
by retronutcase
Question: Does this work with co-op?

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:00 pm
by comet1337
GAA1992 wrote:Let me see... So Fluid Assembly System gets your guns done and makes no questions? I believe there are weapons which you must deny a first assembly so you can make a master assembly, like the Super Machinegun (BPPF, i think).

So how to avoid making the High Power battle rifle and going straight to the Super Machinegun?


Also, lower-tier assemblies can be upgraded to higher tier (e.g., Gatling Gun -> Bulletstorm Chaingun) if the requirements are met.

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:39 pm
by Simon-v
retronutcase wrote:Question: Does this work with co-op?

These addons were developed as single-player modifications. They were not tested in multiplayer, and it is unknown whether or not they will work there, and to what extent.

If you try it and it works, do let me know.