Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.8]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.7

Postby Simon-v » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:11 pm

fakemai wrote:Broken record, but Dedicated Backpack can still be exploited as an ammo crafter by dropping it and then selecting any other type than the one you want as the excess gets thrown out 1:1, so you can switch back and pick it up at 2:1. Am totally exploiting this for the current playthrough with one of the hungrier weapons.

Good for you. I don't know how to discourage this particular form of black pudding farming without breaking the ammo drop feature. Maybe at some point i'll figure something out. In the meantime, do yourself a favor and build something nanomachic.
Simon-v

Postby spectrefps » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:10 pm

I recently noticed (after starting a new playthrough on some Oblige-created maps) that the last page of the Zetashop shopping menu (the one that has the demonic weapons/armor) is now completely 'undiscovered' (all empty, as if I had never found one). I found out when I sold my Death's Gaze demon pistol and it gave the "New Item Unlocked!" message. I've been playing DRLA + Zetashop for a good while now, and have managed to unlock all but a few slots in the zetashop item catalog (including all of the demonic weapons and most of that last page), so I was a bit alarmed to see the entire last page 'undiscovered'. I opened the settings file I use for DRLA + zetashop, and found a section named "catalog", but it appears to be some sort of tricky code (I couldn't figure it out, even -after- grabbing some coffee >_<). Is there a way to re-unlock my previously discovered demonic weapons/armors on that last shop page? (the issue seems to have -only- affected the last page, which is fortunate! :D)
spectrefps

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Simon-v » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:54 am

You can give yourself back the items you discovered by using a console command like give ZS[ActorName]KnownToken. The ActorName would be the internal Arsenal name the item is know by, such as "RLDeathsGaze" that you mention. I am a bit worried about the reasons that could have caused the corruption of the catalog variable. I'd like to look into it, if possible.
Simon-v

Postby Simon-v » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:29 am

Version 2.8 has been released.

Notable changes:

• A keybinding to show possible assemblies for your currently held weapon
  • Minor tweaks and fixes
Simon-v

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.8

Postby retronutcase » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:26 pm

Just out of curiosity, have you considered adding a randomize option to the shop that limits your purchase options each map? Basic items would ideally always be available, anything less common (mods, Exotic and better weapons/armor) could be randomized in what's available each map to keep your money from becoming a total I Win Button, and keeping the Roguelike element by not letting you have the entire mod's arsenal to choose from, assuming you've got it filled out.
retronutcase

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.8

Postby Simon-v » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:14 am

No, i haven't. I will now proceed to consider it. Don't hold your breath, though; Truth be told, it doesn't look much like something i'll be interested in doing.
Simon-v

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods