Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.9]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
spectrefps

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.6

Post by spectrefps »

Yeah that seems like a lot of work (or at least a specific order of steps to reproduce) for such little credit gain vs time involved. Especially considering the benefit of the update fixes *losing a ton of ammo when changing backpacks*, and allows the player to just sell those other special backpacks they find without fear of having their ammo stockpile magically disappear (and works out to better credit return too). I can safely say that I'm far too lazy to consider abusing such a quirky credit/ammo-gain exploit lol. Hooray for laziness! :D
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

That's just concrete steps for reproducability in case it was something my end. It's easy to exploit if you have around 2000 cells say, since you can just drop and re-equip the backpack to bring yourself up to max again. But I am admittedly methodical about selling things and abusing any tricks I come up with.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Turns out there was indeed a bug in the ammo dropping code that caused extra ammo to be dropped, which should now be fixed in git. I'm still not sure how to — or even if i should — deal with the ammo farming exploit, which is specific to the way dedicated backpacks themselves function. I'll think about it.
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

So I recently did a test and the shop system does indeed break co-op by de-syncing players. I'm assuming there's no way this could be fixed? I feel like the shop would make co-op sessions more fun when stuff just isn't dropping.

EDIT: Also, something else I was wondering. Is there any way we could have an item that lets us put the crosshair over things to sell immediately without having to pick them up first? Having to drop one backpack just to pick up another in order to sell it is a bit tedious. Some way to just aim at something for a second or two and sell it would be nice in reducing the amount of inventory shuffle one has to do. Obviously it would need to only work on objects close to you so you couldn't just cheat and sell items from a distance you're supposed to pick up with the translocator first.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Question, How can I run this mod correctly. I put this with DommRLA weapons and monsters, and the shop interface works fine, but enemies don't drop credits 😔😔
fakemai

Post by fakemai »

That's because they don't. The way to get credits:
- Selling items found in the stages, that's also how you unlock them in the shop for future playthroughs.
- On finishing the game, all inventory is sold.
- Performance bonus for killing stuff and finding items and secrets.
If you aren't the methodical sort the performance bonuses can be adjusted in the settings now, higher might be more to your liking. Playing with LegenDoom Lite will frequently give out sellables too especially if you play boss-heavy games like Plutonia.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Ohh, I see. Maybe I confused this mod with other that I saw in YT. Thanks.
GeneralDelphox
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by GeneralDelphox »

As mentioned by fakemai on the DoomRL Arsenal thread, Zetashop isn't functioning properly anymore on recent versions of GZDoom and even LZDoom.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Thank you for letting me know; I'm currently in the process of getting a new computer set up to replace the one that died on me, which is taking a bit longer than anticipated. Once i'm done and has caught up on my normal obligations, i'll try to have a look and, hopefully, figure out what happened between those releases.

EDIT: Actually, it turned out to be not that difficult. Fix committed, release pending.
Simon-v

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.7

Post by Simon-v »

Version 2.7 has been released.

Notable changes:
  • Fix shop input being broken in GZDoom 4.5
  • Add extra pricing options to the shop
  • Various small tweaks and fixes
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

I'm getting the following errors when trying to launch this on GZDoom 2.1.1 (as current GZDoom builds completely break the PDA in DoomRLA) and can't proceed:
Spoiler:
Does this only work with later versions of GZDoom or something?

EDIT: Actually, this is happening on all versions of GZDoom, even the latest stable build.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Check your load order. ZetaShop depends on Arsenal, and must, therefore, be supplied after it on the command line. Says so right in the README.
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

There wasn't a readme included with the download, but that did fix it. Thanks. (I don't run from command-line and just do drag and drop onto GZDoom.exe typically, so I need to figure out a different system.)
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

Bofubutt wrote:There wasn't a readme included with the download, but that did fix it. Thanks. (I don't run from command-line and just do drag and drop onto GZDoom.exe typically, so I need to figure out a different system.)
Get a launcher like ZDL. Drag and drop is the worst way to load doom mods.
fakemai

Post by fakemai »

Broken record, but Dedicated Backpack can still be exploited as an ammo crafter by dropping it and then selecting any other type than the one you want as the excess gets thrown out 1:1, so you can switch back and pick it up at 2:1. Am totally exploiting this for the current playthrough with one of the hungrier weapons.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”