Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.9]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

Post by YasuoProjectX »

what is this fluid assembly from?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Still doesn't make sense... assembled weapons only support 2 mods. I don't think that "completing" the recipe will make the game act like nothing happens, but my best bet will be downloading the mod to see by myself.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

YasuoProjectX wrote:what is this fluid assembly from?
I don't think i understand. I made this, based on my understanding of how assemblies should have worked in original DoomRL. Or are you asking something else?
GAA1992 wrote:Still doesn't make sense... assembled weapons only support 2 mods. I don't think that "completing" the recipe will make the game act like nothing happens, but my best bet will be downloading the mod to see by myself.
This just serves as proof how convoluted the existing system is, and how much unnecessary micromanagement, or, dare i say, fiddling the player needs to do.

Under the Fluid Assembly System, you put mods on weapons. That's it. If the mod configuration matches an assembly recipe, you get that assembly; And the mods that went into the lower-tier assembly count towards the higher tier assembly.
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

So dumb question, aside from selling gear, how else do you earn credits?
SergeantDiggs

Post by SergeantDiggs »

Supply crates can be farmed for profit
Me: *begging to keep bug unfixed*
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

retronutcase wrote:So dumb question, aside from selling gear, how else do you earn credits?
You get small bonuses from clearing levels — that is, killing monsters, collecting items and finding secrets. Depending on the size and complexity of the level, those can get somewhat big.
SergeantDiggs wrote:
Supply crates can be farmed for profit
Me: *begging to keep bug unfixed*
I'll have you know, that even without this issue, (which requires the cooperation of the author of the current supply crate code to fix properly), unless you rely on life insurance extensively and die a lot, you're unlikely to run short on money, except for the initial build-up phase.
SimonTheDigger

Post by SimonTheDigger »

Oh man, thank you so much for making this mod. I wanted something like this for DRLA so badly and if I knew how to code I would have made it myself.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Just want to also say thank you for this mod. With the way I set up DRLA and LegenDoom Lite, it gives me something to do with all the random armor enemies drop, and as Technician class, more balance in what to sell vs. what to try making into modpacks, and for other classes, something that lets me do something with weapons I could have converted to modpacks. This is now standard when I play DRLA, along with Universal Gibs, LegenDoom Lite, the DRL monster pack, and the WildWeasel sounds.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

okay so you gain credits every time you start a new game, the problem is I myself continuously do that until I get a rare/unique items to spawn in the first map and then I start my journey.

is there a way to rest your progress? (remove all credits and achievements if there are any etc)

EDIT*

just found the options to rest player data, thank you~

also how does Life Insurance work exactly?
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Machine-Reaper wrote:okay so you gain credits every time you start a new game, the problem is I myself continuously do that until I get a rare/unique items to spawn in the first map and then I start my journey.
Technically, you're not supposed to get credits "when you start a new game". You're supposed to get credited for things you achieved during your previous level killing things, finding secrets, collecting items. Any valuable equipment you happened to carry when you ended your previous game is also auto-sold for you. I suspect that you did some of these things while looking for the unique on the first map. If not, then there might be an issue that i need to look into.
Spoiler:
Machine-Reaper wrote:also how does Life Insurance work exactly?
If you are on the brink of death while it's active, you are teleported to the level's start and your life is refilled. Also, your premium goes up, just like in real life; It goes down if you don't end up using it this level. Also, it goes up faster than it goes down. That's about everything you need to know about this mechanic (the rest is tecnicals).
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Simon-v wrote: Technically, you're not supposed to get credits "when you start a new game". You're supposed to get credited for things you achieved during your previous level killing things, finding secrets, collecting items. Any valuable equipment you happened to carry when you ended your previous game is also auto-sold for you. I suspect that you did some of these things while looking for the unique on the first map. If not, then there might be an issue that i need to look into.
Spoiler:
That's the thing you see, just start a new game with adaptive difficulty or anything and you will get credits at the very beginning.

Then start a new game again the same way and you will get them again.

And well I just don't want a unique weapon start, I prefer anything random spawning in the map I can get excited searching for and it can be both Legendary and Demonic to boot. (Also I have set to start with exotic weapons however)
Simon-v wrote:f you are on the brink of death while it's active, you are teleported to the level's start and your life is refilled. Also, your premium goes up, just like in real life; It goes down if you don't end up using it this level. Also, it goes up faster than it goes down. That's about everything you need to know about this mechanic (the rest is tecnicals).
Hmm, I've seen a similar thing before in a mod known as Clusterfuck on Zandronum, it has this Legendary Salvation Sphere which automatically activities if your health goes below 5 and transports you to start of level with full armour and full health, but you see their version can actually even save you from after you have used kill command while your version doesn't, I haven't tried playing a level with it yet and seeing what happens if I die but I did buy it and use kill command to see if it would work like CF but I just gibbed.

Also scrolling 16 pages just to get to page 1 is quite time consuming
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Machine-Reaper wrote:That's the thing you see, just start a new game with adaptive difficulty or anything and you will get credits at the very beginning.

Then start a new game again the same way and you will get them again.
You probably have your starting gear set to something other than a pistol start, so you get credited for that.
Machine-Reaper wrote:I did buy it and use kill command to see if it would work like CF but I just gibbed.
A fair warning: a nuke would gib you just as good.
Machine-Reaper wrote:Also scrolling 16 pages just to get to page 1 is quite time consuming
The shop pages warp around.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Simon-v wrote: You probably have your starting gear set to something other than a pistol start, so you get credited for that.
then that means anything besides a pistol will give you credits in the beginning? (For example class specific weapons such as Chaingun for Marine etc)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Suggestion: Make blueprints more expensive. The whole idea of finding them as well as their rarity does not contrasts with the low cost, IMO.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Machine-Reaper wrote:then that means anything besides a pistol will give you credits in the beginning? (For example class specific weapons such as Chaingun for Marine etc)
Only the uncommon things, likely an assembly, an exotic or a modpack.
GAA1992 wrote:Suggestion: Make blueprints more expensive. The whole idea of finding them as well as their rarity does not contrasts with the low cost, IMO.
Thanks for the hint, the price wasn't reviewed since the time they were much more common and much less valuable. How does 15,000cr sound?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”