Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.9]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Solid-Head

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.3

Post by Solid-Head »

Just out of curiosity, since this mod is design to only work with DoomRLA, are you planning to make this work with the PDA ?
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Solid-Head wrote:Just out of curiosity, since this mod is design to only work with DoomRLA, are you planning to make this work with the PDA ?
I would rather not. Not only is the PDA a... thing... of such immense complexity, that even its creators sometimes can't fully understand it, i'm not sure it's even possible to inject code into others' ACS modules. That, by the way, is the sole reason i can't fix the known issue in the bottom of the OP.

The most i am willing to subject myself to, is designing a shop open/close animation, someday.
Solid-Head

Post by Solid-Head »

Simon-v wrote: I would rather not. Not only is the PDA a... thing... of such immense complexity, that even its creators sometimes can't fully understand it, i'm not sure it's even possible to inject code into others' ACS modules. That, by the way, is the sole reason i can't fix the known issue in the bottom of the OP.

The most i am willing to subject myself to, is designing a shop open/close animation, someday.
Yeah I figure that you simply can't just add another button to this monster. It seem to be capable to launch ACS script though, I'll try to fiddle with the misc menu someday, and see if I can replace the pong mini game,since its buggy.
For now I edit your mod myself and try to align the PDA hud with your shop. Work well so far, even add the sound effect when you open it up :

Its not completely center, but I can't find where the values for items display is.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Solid-Head wrote:For now I edit your mod myself and try to align the PDA hud with your shop. Work well so far, even add the sound effect when you open it up:
Its not completely center, but I can't find where the values for items display is.
That's actually pretty cool. The sprite alignment is set separately from the floating text. I have moved the relevant bit to a #define at the top of ShopSys.acs for easier customizations; make sure you checkout the latest git to see the changes reflected.

I think i'll add this version of the UI as an option. Do send me your work, once you are done.
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

The auto-assembler has a typo on the Tactical Rocket Launcher assembly, which effectively destroys your weapon while still taking up space in your weapons inventory. It's defined in the script as "RLTacticalLauncher", whereas the proper name of the weapon is "RLTacticalRocketLauncher".
Simon-v

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.4

Post by Simon-v »

Damn. This warrants a release!

Changelog:
  • Add a shop opening animation
  • Add a PDA-like shop style
  • Blink a notification when something on the map dies when you have a tracking map
  • Bug fixes
Last edited by Simon-v on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

Solid-Head wrote:
Simon-v wrote: I would rather not. Not only is the PDA a... thing... of such immense complexity, that even its creators sometimes can't fully understand it, i'm not sure it's even possible to inject code into others' ACS modules. That, by the way, is the sole reason i can't fix the known issue in the bottom of the OP.

Yeah I figure that you simply can't just add another button to this monster. It seem to be capable to launch ACS script though, I'll try to fiddle with the misc menu someday, and see if I can replace the pong mini game,since its buggy.
For now I edit your mod myself and try to align the PDA hud with your shop. Work well so far, even add the sound effect when you open it up :

What're those stats/XP bar from? Is there some kind of level up mod/addon for Doom RLA I don't know about?
lwks

Post by lwks »

Hey, fellow mod user here! I've been using it for quite a while and I've unlocked some cool stuff, the thing is that I find the persistent money kind of cheating, so I'd like to know if you were planing on rebalancing or even adding another version of the mod were you get zero money at the start of a playthrough and you must build your wealth throughout the campaing in order for you to get the cool stuff latter on, perhaps even adding a 2x and 3x money option just in case someone is playing a mapset with less than 32 levels, what do you think?
Bodhisattva
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Bodhisattva »

lwks wrote:Hey, fellow mod user here! I've been using it for quite a while and I've unlocked some cool stuff, the thing is that I find the persistent money kind of cheating, so I'd like to know if you were planing on rebalancing or even adding another version of the mod were you get zero money at the start of a playthrough and you must build your wealth throughout the campaing in order for you to get the cool stuff latter on, perhaps even adding a 2x and 3x money option just in case someone is playing a mapset with less than 32 levels, what do you think?
I'm not the author, but I feel like persistent money is a somewhat important part of meta-progression. Although, I would also like to see some money multiplier options, namely the 0.5x multiplier, so that money doesn't accumulate too fast making it less of a "cheating" thing.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

lwks wrote:Hey, fellow mod user here! I've been using it for quite a while and I've unlocked some cool stuff, the thing is that I find the persistent money kind of cheating, so I'd like to know if you were planing on rebalancing or even adding another version of the mod were you get zero money at the start of a playthrough and you must build your wealth throughout the campaing in order for you to get the cool stuff latter on, perhaps even adding a 2x and 3x money option just in case someone is playing a mapset with less than 32 levels, what do you think?
I don't know, that one time i decided to power through a full 32 map set without accepting defeat, i burned through my entire stash of over a hundred thousand credits and racked up an insurance premium of 9000.

It all depends on your playstyle, i guess. Typically, you're supposed to be able to save just about enough money for a single legendary item over the course of three or four typical playthroughs, though, the specifics of the map set and additional gameplay settings do change the balance somewhat.

I suppose, i could add a treasury reset option, though its merit is not entirely clear to me. Do try playing by the ironman rules with life insurance on auto-renew once. It makes the dynamic a lot different.
Simon-v

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.5

Post by Simon-v »

Version 2.5 has been released.

Notable changes:
  • Compatibility with Arsenal 1.1.3 1.1.4;
  • The Auto-Assembler now respects the "Assembly Learning" Arsenal option;
  • The skull sale quantity was reduced to 5 to reflect their relative rarity;
  • Selling special backpacks now drops any extraneous ammo instead of atomizing it;
  • Various bug fixes.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Independently tried some local modification that A: Starts with 0-2000 credits, and B: Increases the per-level bonuses for killing stuff to compensate. It actually works well for having some degree of progression within a playthrough instead of across them, and giving at least some options against the pure RNG, without just giving myself one of the stupid powerful items and just tearing through the map in boredom. Maybe worth it as an optional mode but even just being able to configure those settings as well.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

I'm open to the idea. Please send me a diff file to look at.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

I can try but I don't do a lot of Doom modding or really want to do anything too extensive either, at least not without input. For now this just allows the bonus quotas to be adjusted. I have some idea of what I want to do for the actual creditless bit in that it just needs to not read/write specific CVars and not allow the setting to be changed mid-game.

Note, I can't test multiplayer with this, and when I was trying in fake multiplayer with the original mod it forgot all item unlocks anyway. Not happy.

EDIT: Diff pulled while I expand it a bit.
EDIT2: Reuploaded, original diff included for comparison. It allows disabling of the individual bonuses now, at least I think I did it right. I'm about to try and do the rest.
EDIT3: An attempt was made but the shared state stuff is proving a little awkward, I'm currently playing it though while I do DRLA, so I'm just making sure it's truly separate except for things like unlocked items and such. Also personal note: .gitignore for *.o and *.pk3 so it doesn't point those out or try to track them.
Attachments
alteco.zip
(3.62 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
bonuschange.zip
(3.11 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Is there any chance you could make a version of this for LegenDoom?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”