Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.9]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.1

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Pretty fine by me. Can't talk for the others, though.
Simon-v

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.2

Post by Simon-v »

Version 2.2 has been released, featuring some bug fixes, and one rebalance.

As a bonus, an additional download has been added: Boss Music Patch, which replaces the demonic boss music tracks with tracks from the DoomRL Arsenal soundtrack.
ToxicFrog
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): NixOS

Post by ToxicFrog »

I am absolutely loving this mod; I just finished playing Going Down with it and had a blast. However, I had some questions:

- Is there any way to reset my money (e.g. when starting a new megawad) while keeping all of my unlocked shop items?
- Is there any way to sell an item on the ground without picking it up?
Simon-v wrote:
  • Pick up items that dropped in inaccessible locations!
  • Leave no sellable behind thanks to a patented remote item picker
How do these work? Does it just automatically sell anything sellable on the ground when you exit the level?
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

ToxicFrog wrote:I am absolutely loving this mod; I just finished playing Going Down with it and had a blast. However, I had some questions:

- Is there any way to reset my money (e.g. when starting a new megawad) while keeping all of my unlocked shop items?
- Is there any way to sell an item on the ground without picking it up?
Simon-v wrote:
  • Pick up items that dropped in inaccessible locations!
  • Leave no sellable behind thanks to a patented remote item picker
How do these work? Does it just automatically sell anything sellable on the ground when you exit the level?
Thank you.

No. You must carry an item to be able to sell it. (This is about as much fiddling as i'm willing to tolerate; Changing it to allow selling items on the ground would require some hackery). If an item you really want dropped where you can't reach it, the Utility Translocator allows you to pick it up, by teleporting it towards you.

If you don't want to start the game having any money, you could, conceivably, blow it all on hookers and booze as soon as the level starts, then do what you normally do.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Is anyone else experiencing small stutters while using the zeta shop mod? It's nothing game-breaking but I've noticed these small stutters in gameplay like the engine or file is constantly checking something. If I don't have the mod in my load order there isn't any stuttering. This is on GZDoom 4.2.1 and without DRLA Monsters, by the way.

Really loving the mod otherwise! I just wanna make sure the stuttering is something that needs to be looked into or intended.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Nems wrote:Is anyone else experiencing small stutters while using the zeta shop mod? It's nothing game-breaking but I've noticed these small stutters in gameplay like the engine or file is constantly checking something. If I don't have the mod in my load order there isn't any stuttering. This is on GZDoom 4.2.1 and without DRLA Monsters, by the way.

Really loving the mod otherwise! I just wanna make sure the stuttering is something that needs to be looked into or intended.
If those stutters go away when you turn player data autosave off, then, yes, i know what they are. I didn't deal with them, because they never occur in ZDoom (where i did the development), and i didn't have the chance to set up a GZDoom to test with, yet. I'll try to figure something out, regardless.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

A thing I do with DRLA is disabling rarity beams since they can cause performance issues on weak systems. Even then it sucks on even some vanilla maps for me but I am running something pretty pathetic. Additionally I'm pretty sure there's issues with the dynamic recompiler if you have too many mods where it falls back to the interpreter. Otherwise it makes a major difference in the GZDoom versions that have it.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Simon-v wrote:
Nems wrote:Is anyone else experiencing small stutters while using the zeta shop mod? It's nothing game-breaking but I've noticed these small stutters in gameplay like the engine or file is constantly checking something. If I don't have the mod in my load order there isn't any stuttering. This is on GZDoom 4.2.1 and without DRLA Monsters, by the way.

If those stutters go away when you turn player data autosave off, then, yes, i know what they are. I didn't deal with them, because they never occur in ZDoom (where i did the development), and i didn't have the chance to set up a GZDoom to test with, yet. I'll try to figure something out, regardless.
Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't do a good enough job of looking at all of the options available for the mod before starting it. :P It was on but as soon as I turned it off the stuttering goes away. :D
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Nems wrote:Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't do a good enough job of looking at all of the options available for the mod before starting it. :P It was on but as soon as I turned it off the stuttering goes away. :D
Please, do remember, that it means your player data won't be saved, unless you turn it back on for a bit, or call the SavePlayer script manually from the console.
memredi

Post by memredi »

wanting to move the zeta shop save from lzdoom 3.82 to 3.83a, i can't find the data

where is zeta shop savefile located at?
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

dddxdu wrote:wanting to move the zeta shop save from lzdoom 3.82 to 3.83a, i can't find the data

where is zeta shop savefile located at?
I believe it's stored as a CVAR.

Basically, attempting to transfer it is probably not an excellent idea.
memredi

Post by memredi »

nevermind; i have just copied the .ini of the old version and pasted it in the new version it worked
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

You can find all mod-defined settings and data under the [Doom.Player.Mod] section in your INI file. Copying that into another INI will transfer your save data, with no side effects.
Simon-v

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.3

Post by Simon-v »

Version 2.3 has been released, featuring bug fixes and optimizations, including some, that only manifested in some versions of GZDoom.
Clifford21

Re: Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System for DoomRL Arsenal [2.3

Post by Clifford21 »

Thank you for sharing your mods with us.

The shop system and the revised assembly mechanic are exactly what I want.

The first creates a sense of achievement to bother with the random drops, while the latter retains the incentive for me to go on (really don't want to back down just to do some trial-and-error work when I am busy in blasting the demons)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”