BRUTAL HEXEN RPG (ZDL Edition) v4.7

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ZDL_800

Re: BRUTAL HEXEN RPG (ZDL Edition)

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thanks for the reply.

I think we should leave tactical skill and focus on the major issues, its a fine stat. What we need is 2 extra Clerics and 2 extra Mages so we have a full character setup.

The RPG character menu at the start of the game doesn't activate for the Mage and Cleric which is a shame.

This is where your idea of a new mage would be great here, we only need to edit the first weapon of each character.

So why don't we create a new mage with a new Sapphire Staff?

See if you can figure out how to replicate the fighter character menu to the Mage and Cleric. I know where the scripts are located, but I failed many times attempting to replicate the menu.

Thanks again.
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

go to SRC > RPGSTUFF.acs > line 251

if (PlayerClass(0) == 0) - means Fighter

there is some code and each of 3 starting weapon options, f.ex:
GiveInventory("MagicSword",1);

there is no Cleric if (PlayerClass(0) ==1) , nor Mage if (PlayerClass(0) == 2)

copy paste and input new stuff

===============
p.s. Concept of 3 different starting weapons is stillborn [is the current Mage playable?]

and I'm not gonna do it
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes indeed we have already tried multiple attempts adding new player classes but no joy. Failed many times.

Here's the link from months ago.

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=65227&start=30#p1111051

What do you mean its stillborn? So before the Mage and Cleric was added, what do you think Brutal Hexen was?

You start the game and there was 3 fighters to choose from, that's what Brutal Hexen is, we need 3 mages and 3 clerics with the same menu layout.

What do you mean your not going to do it? Your mage idea with the new sapphire staff is brilliant, you can literally create your own mage here.

With all due respect I really like my mage, that took dedicated work, and to get all the weapons and animations upscaled was another task altogether. The mage in VR is epic, all the particles and effects are awesome!

I agree that the mage and cleric needs to be updated but the weapons should generally stay the same, we have a great opportunity to create epic new characters here.

I can help you setup a new mage character no problem, but I cant figure out how to add the new mage to the character menu list?

Thanks again.
dMaxi

Post by dMaxi »

How far along is this mod? Is everything up to final boss is brutalized? Are the creators happy with the balance?
memredi

Post by memredi »

Any way to reduce blood/gib density?
Iron

Post by Iron »

Man, I had so much fun playing this. Such great work and then suddenly CRASH. Reload. Crash. Reload. Crash.

Now I find out it's because of the swamp stalkers and yes, I can replicate the crash every time. This is so sad, seeing as this thing is really exciting and amazing to play (thank you for your work and Mark Sergeant for providing the "Brutal" part)

Hope you can fix this issue someday soon.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

No offense but couldn't you upload to a different platform? Google Drive? Mediafire?
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello and sorry for the late reply.

I have a workaround fix for the crash with the stalkers, its the dead tree stumps, seeing as no-one has any answers, I will remove them all from the maps.

The mod in VR is out of this world, its so epic, just need to figure out the menu system cursor.

I will fix it ASAP.

Thanks again.
Iron

Post by Iron »

ZDL_800 wrote:Hello and sorry for the late reply.

I have a workaround fix for the crash with the stalkers, its the dead tree stumps, seeing as no-one has any answers, I will remove them all from the maps.

The mod in VR is out of this world, its so epic, just need to figure out the menu system cursor.

I will fix it ASAP.

Thanks again.
Really cool! ETA on the update? Your work is very much appreciated - this is the way to play Hexen, for me at least.
blaydes99
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by blaydes99 »

I'm a big fan of Hexen (played it when it came out in the 90s) and I am REALLY enjoying this mod! Brings back a whole new excitement when playing the game again. I especially like the particle effects, lighting, and upscaled textures/hud/weapons/monsters. Top work, and looking forward to more updates!

(BTW, I didn't realize that the mage/cleric can't summon a familiar until I tried the fighter. :) Anyway to enable the familiar on these other classes?)
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

I forgot that I actually fixed map8, we removed all the dead tree stumps but there's a bigger issue, the next levels all have large swamp areas so I need to figure this out.

I cannot remove all the debris from all the maps, I wish I had more knowledge on the engine because this is beyond my capabilities.

Anyone reading this, and knows anyone who maybe able to help, please lets fix this bug.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello.

New update is out.
Last edited by ZDL_800 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToxicMasculinity
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ToxicMasculinity »

While I appreciate an update to this great mod, could you please upload it somewhere else? The place it's at now says that it will take me over 2 hours to download unless I pay for a premium membership, and even then it has some intrusive ads. This could avoided by using Google Drive, Mediafire, or Dropbox.
Last edited by ToxicMasculinity on Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by 3336655445 »

404 error thanks...
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

I've uploaded to another site for faster download and no ad popups, sorry, I tested the download but never used it before but I used adblocker.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”