Ac!d's Eriguns 1.9b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns 1.2

Postby EddieMann » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:20 pm

Ac!d wrote:
EddieMann wrote:What happened to the HeavyMachinegun? Why not just replace the regular MG with it?

lizardcommando wrote:Some criticisms: I feel like the grey rifle is a bit redundant. There's already a machine-gun and the pistol. It doesn't really add anything aside from being a recolored auto shotgun.

The HeavyMachinegun looks like a reskin of the AutoShotgun. But don't worry about that, I can make an addon for the mod.

Fair, though it could be made more bolter-like. The minigun could feel more like Metro: Last Light's minigun, since the spool speed-to-fire rate ratio isn't too good. Spools up too long, fires a little too slow.
EddieMann

Postby Ac!d » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:26 am

EddieMann wrote:The minigun could feel more like Metro: Last Light's minigun, since the spool speed-to-fire rate ratio isn't too good. Spools up too long, fires a little too slow.

Code: Select allExpand view
   Fire:
      TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfNoAmmo("WindDown");
      DGTG D 2 A_PlaySound("Weapons/ChainGun/SpinUp",CHAN_BODY);
      DGTG ABCD 2;
      DGTF A 0 A_PlaySound("Weapons/ChainGun/SpinLoop",CHAN_BODY,1,1);
   Hold:
      TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfNoAmmo("WindDown");
      DGTG A 1
      {
         If(random(0,1))
         {
            A_GunFlash("Flash1");
         }
         Else
         {
            A_GunFlash("Flash2");
         }
         A_AlertMonsters();
         A_PlaySound("Weapons/ChainGun/Fire",CHAN_WEAPON);
         A_FireBullets(6,3,1,Random(9,12),"NewBulletPuff",FBF_USEAMMO,2048,"BulletTracer",0,0);
      }   
      DGTG B 1;
      DGTG C 1 A_FireProjectile("RifleCasingSpawner",0,0,1,-10,FPF_NOAUTOAIM);
      DGTG D 1;
      DGTG D 0 A_JumpIfNoAmmo("WindDown");
      DGTG D 0 A_ReFire("Hold");

Sorry, but I can't make it much faster.
Ac!d
Perfection is a way, not an end. - Korean Proverb

Discord: Ac!d#2732

Postby jfxsan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:44 pm

This mod needs recognition, it is one of my favorites since Weapons of Saturn. I like vanilla gunplay with reloads, and those Eriguns are really good at that.

Recently I've updated to 1.2 and I see there are red max health potions around... are they part of the mod?
jfxsan

Postby Ac!d » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:10 am

jfxsan wrote:This mod needs recognition, it is one of my favorites since Weapons of Saturn. I like vanilla gunplay with reloads, and those Eriguns are really good at that.

Recently I've updated to 1.2 and I see there are red max health potions around... are they part of the mod?

1) Thank you very much for your kinds words ! I really appreciated the feedback about my mod.
2) Max health / armor bonuses are parts of the mod. (Pickup : 1 up to 50)
Ac!d

Postby jfxsan » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:29 pm

Cool, I'll play with them and see!

Do you think it's worth having a way to play the mod with only the weapons? Perhaps the weapons in their own pk3 or an option. Because sometimes I want just the weapons, and they're already plenty awesome by themselves. Still, you're the author so if the intent is to modify the gameplay more widely I'll understand.

Mind you, I do like the idea of max health / armor ups as well, they remind me of Quake 2. They have their own balance concerns, but are fun and worth having a mod for.
jfxsan

Postby eharper256 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:22 am

Finally decided to give this a try, never was much a fan of the original Eriguns; but generally I feel I quite like this. As someone else said, it now feels like a different Weapons of Saturn.

However, I do have some quibbles:
  • The basic shotgun. Is. Bad. I literally stopped playing the first level I tried, booted up Slade, gave it an extra pellet and stripped about 5 tics from its reload animation and it felt so much better. I would seriously consider upping its power either in the same way, or through another alternative, as it can be your only weapon for awhile in some wads.
  • Speaking of which, why does it reload two shells at a time?
  • With basic zombies dropping the assault rifle; it means you almost never use the pistol (or dual pistols, for that matter). Not that the Assault Rifle is good as such, but its better than the pistol.
  • Also, the minigun and the rifle don't really have their own niche's. The Chaingun is just flat-out better again, even taking into account spin-up and less accuracy.
  • Speaking of the Assault Rifle, I see in its file that you define 'MachinegunMode', which apparently deals more damage, but there is no way to call this in the script?
  • Personally, I'd pick one or the other to keep. And as 'reloading Eriguns' is your main gimmick, I'd suggest making that the Assault Rifle, increasing its baseline damage by 3-4, making it exclusively a chaingun replacer, and giving it a 30+1 magazine. Whilst 20-round magazines are a thing; its rare to find military assault rifles with them except for DMR-type rifles, where a smaller clip is less relevant; as its for mixed sniping duty when you can't afford a proper bolt-action. But up to you, of course.
  • I'd also shave 1-2 tics off the SSG reload. Its alot better than the basic SG due to the power, but always remember; Doomguy is a badass who can run at 55mph, so its absolutely fine he can also reload at extreme-pro speed.
  • Its already toggle-able, which I guess is fine, but the Autoshotgun just pretty flat-out obsoletes both SSG and SG; its insanely precise, has a 12 shell clip, rapid fire, and doesn't even take a huge time to reload as such. Its crazy OP.
  • Rocket and Plasma velocity should be about 20% higher to better compete with hitscans.
  • Whilst the Missile Launcher, in theory, should do equivalent damage to the Rocket Launcher, that's not usually the case due to the two missiles having smaller explosion radii. I realise it seeks, but often as we know from fighting revenants, seeker missiles aren't usually all that clever, so its a debate-able upgrade.
  • The Railgun doesn't really have a place. DPS wise vs. the Plasma it loses out tremendously. Whilst it does have the utility function of gibbing crowds of zombies and imps that happen to be lined up; thats not something I'm often willing to spend cells on, considering how often we need them for the plasma and the BFG.
  • Whilst I like the concept of max-health and armor upgrades; I'd make them slightly rarer than they are currently.
  • 80%!!! damage resistance on Blue Armour is pretty crazy. Its 50% for vanilla Blue Armour (and 33% for green armour). Whilst it does mean you make more mistakes with armour threshold that high, it means your blue-armour also gets vaporised in record time; and most maps are fairly stingy on armour drops. Frankly, the Green Armour is the most useful right now (as I can take it 150 with armor upgrades, and it doesn't implode).
  • Please make the extra UI toggle-able (item duration, ammo count, level stats). I already cover all the things you're providing with Tekish's mods!
  • EDIT: Good Lord the BFG. It fires twice the tracers (one every 1.12 degrees) and each tracer deals twice the damage of a regular BFG tracer. Due to how a BFG works, thats 3200 damage (!). This easily vaporises a Cyberdemon in one shot (well everything the player sees when it detonates never mind a Cyberdemon). Uh... may wish to tone that down a bit.
I know it sounds like a whole bunch of moaning, but I really do think its a nice mod in there.
eharper256

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns 1.3

Postby Ac!d » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:20 am

Update ! (Version 1.3 - 09 Jan 2020)

Changelog :

- Removed the Dual Pistol
- Made some changes for some weapons (Damage / Speed / Animations).
- The HUD is now toggle-able (powerups duration, ammo count, level stats).
- The Armors have now a damage resistance of 60 %.
- Max Health and Max Armor Bonuses have 25 % of chance to spawn instead of an original Health / Armor Bonus.
Ac!d

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns 1.31

Postby Ac!d » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:39 am

Quick Fix! (Version 1.31 - 10 Jan 2020)

Changelog :

- Added some messages in the options (Toggle-able HUD)
- Changed the sprites for the casings (Credits to Captain J)
- Incresed the ammo Capacity for the Plasma Rifle (60 instead of 50)

The mod has also a compatibility whit Chex 3.
Ac!d

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns 1.31

Postby eharper256 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Cool, its nice you've smoothed out some of the stuff I mentioned. The BFG is back to Vanilla now, I see. XD
eharper256

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns 1.4

Postby Ac!d » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 am

Update ! (Version 1.4 - 05 Feb 2020)

Changelog :

- Added the Dual Pistols and the Bolter (new name for the Heavy Machinegun). These weapons are toggle-able in the options.
Ac!d

Postby TheOldKingCole » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:24 pm

So when reloading the shotgun, the pump changes color from brown to black
TheOldKingCole

Postby TheOldKingCole » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:28 pm

I also never had a second pistol drop to dual wield
TheOldKingCole

Postby TheOldKingCole » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:34 pm

Do you think a quick melee option could be a thing at some point?
TheOldKingCole

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns 1.41

Postby Ac!d » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:43 am

Quick Fix ! (Version 1.41 - 14 Feb 2020)

Changelog :

- Changed the sprites for the Railgun (Neccronix)
- Fixed the code for the Machinegun Spawner

@TheOldKingCole
For the color changes, I've trying to find a brown sprite, but without success. ( I've made a post on the "Resource Request thread" page 367 )
Ac!d

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns 1.5

Postby Ac!d » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:42 am

Update ! (Version 1.5 - 4 Apr 2020)

Changelog :

- Changed the sprites for the ammunitions (Sonic O Fan) and the berserk (Mechadon)
- Added Doom 3 sounds. (will add more for all the weapons in the future)
- Code fixed for the Shotgun, Super Shotgun, Grenade Launcher (projectile), Missile Launcher (projectile), BFG (projectile)
- Added a quick melee for all weapons (except Fist, Chainsaw, Dual Pistols and BFG)
Ac!d

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods