Dead Marine REDUX (V1.9.2)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mrtaterz
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Dead Marine REDUX

Post by mrtaterz »

UPDATE!
  • The Rifle has been added! Pick it up from Former Humans; you can shoot it in an accurate semi shot or in 3-round bursts. It knocks both you and the enemy back due to the weight and power of the round it fires.
  • Chaingun vertical and horizontal spread increased from 2.5 to 4 and first shot accuracy of Chaingun removed to incentivize use of the Rifle at long range.
  • Jetpack Zombie Health increased from 50 to 75.
  • Fixed a bug/typo error where the Zombie Tank was at 100 health instead of 1000.
  • Reducing the explosive flare range on the Pyro Zombie flamethrower. He should be way less likely to kill himself and also the player in unfair ways.
  • Zombies now lob flesh at you instead of shooting at you. The flesh will bounce and then explode, dealing damage, rather than the previous method of going towards the player and exploding on impact.
  • Zombies can now be headshot.
  • Sentry Guns replace Berserk Packs. They will be found in the Inventory Menu along with all the other new items that were previously added in. Use them to disperse crowds of enemies.
  • Added a new bandage wrapping sound for the First Aid Kit.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

NEW UPDATE!
  • Max Health is now 200 and comes in 2 stages: Blue is Healthy, Red is Hurt.
    Players in the Blue will have normal movement speed, players in the Red will be unable to move at maximum speed.
  • Toggleable Weapon Sway added in the Dead Marines Options menu.
  • Former Human rate of fire increased, as well as their chance of firing in bursts at the player.
  • Pistol spread increased from 1.0 to 1.1
  • Amount of health from First Aid Kits increased from 15 to 20.
  • Rifle now has no spread on primary fire and will shoot with perfect accuracy on semi.
  • Former Elite Human added! replaces the Baron of Hell as a zombie from the Elite sent to make your life a living Hell. They throw grenades at the player and will fire at you constantly, as well as have heavy plating to stop them from receiving pain chance easily, or being taken down easily by bullets.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

The rifle feels rigid while firing, altfire feels sluggish and sometimes gets off-centered. HUD still goes offscreen, which makes it impossible to see my health.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

EddieMann wrote:The rifle feels rigid while firing, altfire feels sluggish and sometimes gets off-centered. HUD still goes offscreen, which makes it impossible to see my health.
I am glad you noticed those two things as they are intentional to make you want to use other weapons. The other problem? Can you tell me what resolution/aspect ratio you are using?
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

How would you guys feel about me replacing the Archvile with a Former Human Sniper? I feel like this would work well because of how Archvile placement usually works (putting the Archvile in places where you can't see him, or in tricky spots usually).
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

BIG UPDATE!
  • Rifle has seen visual improvements! Weapon now makes your screen shake; feel the weight of the weapon in your hands. Thank you EddieMann for the feedback!
  • Rifle has been buffed; first shot recoil is accurate on burst altfire, as well as making proceeding shots more accurate.
  • Hand Grenades have been added and are extremely rare; you can only find these in Backpacks.
  • Flying Imps are back in replacement of the Drones. I loved the Flying Imps too much. This is the only reason why they're back.
  • Former Human Sniper has been added! He replaces the Archvile and provides his team with suppressing fire.
  • Former Elite Humans have been given a slight rework to how they respond to pain.
  • Jetpack Zombie has been buffed. He will shoot more often and his automatic fire accuracy has been increased.
  • Shotgun and Super Shotgun have had damage per pellet increased from 4 to 5.
  • Shotgun rate of fire increased. Pump animation removed.
  • Chaingun and Super Shotgun both have recoil that pushes the player back; similar to the Rifle.
  • Sliding movement removed; positioning is important in a mod full of hitscanners.
  • Removed the Low Health mechanics from the mod; kept the 200 maximum health.
  • BFG mouse angle reset bug fixed! Thank you for letting me know about this longstanding issue, Helion!
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

hotfix
  • Super Shotgun now has vertical kick. Mouselook is now required for his mod.
  • Further improvements to the shotgun pump animation.
  • Physics fix for the Hand Grenades that allows them to pass over sectors.
  • Bullet Casings not existing on Rifle altfire
Last edited by mrtaterz on Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

Keep in mind that voting on Guardian Imps or Zombies sets the tone and theme for the mod from that point forward.

Guardian Imps

Zombies
Last edited by mrtaterz on Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

mrtaterz wrote:
EddieMann wrote:The rifle feels rigid while firing, altfire feels sluggish and sometimes gets off-centered. HUD still goes offscreen, which makes it impossible to see my health.
I am glad you noticed those two things as they are intentional to make you want to use other weapons. The other problem? Can you tell me what resolution/aspect ratio you are using?
Yes, but it should be better than the pistol when you don't have anything else or low on other ammo. Ratio is 4:3, forced stretched and Scaled (Nearest).
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

EddieMann wrote:
mrtaterz wrote:
Yes, but it should be better than the pistol when you don't have anything else or low on other ammo. Ratio is 4:3, forced stretched and Scaled (Nearest).

I would try and force 16:9 if you can handle that. I'm not too sure how to fix that. I will definitely look further into the issue and will be finding ways to fix this, if possible.
I have improved the Rifle's handling in the latest update. The Rifle does 3 damage, while the Pistol does 5. The Rifle is better at range because it has 0 spread; the Pistol should be used if you need to go close and don't have shotgun shells, and is actually a decent close range option, in comparison to the Rifle. The Burst fire mode on the Rifle should only be used when you absolutely need to, and are caught with your pants down. There is a delicate balance to my mod.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

mrtaterz wrote:
EddieMann wrote:
mrtaterz wrote:

I would try and force 16:9 if you can handle that. I'm not too sure how to fix that. I will definitely look further into the issue and will be finding ways to fix this, if possible.
I have improved the Rifle's handling in the latest update. The Rifle does 3 damage, while the Pistol does 5. The Rifle is better at range because it has 0 spread; the Pistol should be used if you need to go close and don't have shotgun shells, and is actually a decent close range option, in comparison to the Rifle. The Burst fire mode on the Rifle should only be used when you absolutely need to, and are caught with your pants down. There is a delicate balance to my mod.
All that aside, 16:3 just doesn't feel right - it's too squished/crowded. Weapon sway still makes it awkward to center weapons, and grenade feels floaty and weightless. By rifle feeling stiff, I mean that it doesn't really have an animation unlike the other guns.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

EddieMann wrote: All that aside, 16:3 just doesn't feel right - it's too squished/crowded. Weapon sway still makes it awkward to center weapons, and grenade feels floaty and weightless. By rifle feeling stiff, I mean that it doesn't really have an animation unlike the other guns.
You can Disable weapon sway in the Dead Marine menu; I will try to figure something out to further improve the way the Rifle handles.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

hotfix
  • Former Human refire disabled. Former Humans should now actually chase the player instead of constantly shooting them.
  • Rifle frames added. Thank you EddieMann for the feedback!
  • Guardian Imps replace Zombies; this is a temporary addition, to let players who have been playing the mod the past few versions decide whether they want Imps or Zombies. Zombies may return, depending on Poll results.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

It seems like people want Imps.

Anyone care to have a discussion on the last few updates? I try to push for mainly Undead/Former Marines but lately the Imps have made a come back. Both Flying and Guardians are back.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

UPDATE
  • Satyr has been replaced with a Revenant Zombie. They function the same but the Revenant Zombie fits better thematically, and if I am going to include more Imp enemies I need to round out the Undead roster a bit more.
  • The Rocket Launcher now has to reload every time you shoot it. This inconvenience is remedied by giving you one of the most powerful rocket launchers in Doom mod history. It's not as flashy as something like Russian Overkill, but it's power will definitely show once you get your hands on it and use it.
  • The Hand Grenades have seen a substantial buff. You start with 10 grenades at start instead of 5, and you will find that they are much more effective now.
I guess you could consider this an explosives update.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”