Dead Marine REDUX (V1.9.2)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mrtaterz
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Dead Marine REDUX (V1.8) - Rebalancing & New Features!

Post by mrtaterz »

new update to 1.9pre
  • Zombies come in two variants: Brutes & Fiends. Fiends will throw their guts at you and are weak. Brutes are giant, have a slightly larger health pool and will relentlessly chase you down. This means the zombies that throw their guts at you have had their health lowered from 100 to 75.
  • Cultists replace Pain Elementals. Think of them as something like a Cacodemon.
  • Increased the damage of the Chaingun from 4 to 8..
Last edited by mrtaterz on Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

mrtaterz wrote:new update to 1.9pre
  • Zombies come in two variants: Brutes & Fiends. Fiends will throw their guts at you and are weak. Brutes are giant, have a slightly larger health pool and will relentlessly chase you down. This means the zombies that throw their guts at you have had their health lowered from 100 to 75.
  • Cultists replace Pain Elementals. Think of them as something like a Cacodemon.
damn. I just published a Doom Marine Redux video and there is an incoming update. well, what can we do?
Last edited by Facínora on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

Facínora wrote:
mrtaterz wrote:new update to 1.9pre
damn. I just published a Doom Marine Redux video and there is a incoming update. well, what can we do?
If it makes you feel any better, I've already watched it and appreciate the exposure, and also plan on archiving the previous versions I have held onto and putting them in a Spoiler section for people who want to play them.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

v1.9pre Update
  • Cultists will now revive enemies like the Archvile.
  • Chaingun spread tightened.
  • Stealth Zombie has been added to act as a replacement of the Spectre.
  • Frames on Shotgunner and Chaingunner increased before they begin to fire at the player.
  • Menu has been colorized green.
  • Ammo is no longer put into the LootSpawner. Chances of finding Grenades or Mines lowered.
  • Grenades have been improved; new coding, new sprites, new everything.
Last edited by mrtaterz on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

I have added a version archive in the main thread, and have also decided to dump all of the previous versions I have here:

v0.1
v1.0
v1.2
v1.3
v1.4
v1.8
mrtaterz

Dead Marine REDUX (V1.9)

Post by mrtaterz »

Dead Marine REDUX v1.9
  • Chaingun spread tightened.
  • Frames on Shotgunner and Chaingunner increased before they begin to fire at the player.
  • Menu has been colorized green.
  • Ammo is no longer put into the LootSpawner. Chances of finding Grenades or Mines lowered.
  • Grenades have been improved; new coding, new sprites, new everything.
  • Zombies come in three variants: Brutes, Stealth & Fiends. Fiends will throw their guts at you and are weak. Brutes are giant, have a slightly larger health pool and will relentlessly chase you down. Stealth are basically just Spectre Brutes.
  • Increased the damage of the Chaingun from 4 to 8.
  • Double Barreled Shotgun replaced with Automatic Combat Shotgun.
  • Bleeding System integrated and created by Jekyll Grim Payne.
  • Plasma Rifle now has Area-of-Effect damage and will fire green projectiles instead of blue projectiles.
  • Rifle can now be zoomed in. Use the 'Weapon Zoom' key to activate it.
  • Health Pickups are now common again.
  • Color Palette of Rocket Launcher changed to Army Green to match the current aesthetic choices.
  • Rocket Launcher thrust increased from 200 to 400.
  • Rocket Launcher damage decreased from 25 to 20.
  • Rocket Launcher range decreased from 250 to 200.
  • Player now properly holds the Chaingun.
  • Plasma Zombie rate of fire increased.
  • Swarms of flies will come out of bodies to attack you.
  • Mines have had their explosion range increased.
  • Lost Souls are now Possessed without weapons. They will act in a manic state and vomit on the player. Taken from Occultic Doom by Kontra Kommando.
  • Grenade physics improved.
  • Rifle now has bullet drop. It doesn't really matter much, and isn't noticeable, but I figured I would let it be known.
  • Forced Crosshair use on the Rifle and Pistol.
  • Pain Elementals have been replaced with the Cultists responsible for this whole mess. They shoot magick at the player and revive monsters.
  • RealAim integrated.
  • Rifle projectile speed increased.
  • Rifle cooldown decreased.
  • Knife swing time reduced.
  • Ammo no longer appears in LootSpawners. Grenade pickups and Mine pickups have had their chances of appearing in LootSpawners reduced.

AndreV3O

Re: Dead Marine REDUX (V1.9)

Post by AndreV3O »

What's the difference between the main version and the mobile version? Can I still use the main version in Delta Touch?
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

AndreV3O wrote:What's the difference between the main version and the mobile version? Can I still use the main version in Delta Touch?
The Mobile version contains a suite of features from other content creators that help make the game easier to play on Mobile:

DAMNUMS
DAMAGE OVERLAY
AIM ASSIST

I've also recoded a couple of things, such as making enemies slightly weaker, and making the movement the default Doom movement because DeltaTouch has trouble with my movement system for some reason. It is recommended that you use the Mobile Version to play Delta Touch, even if you don't like all of the features added, they can all be disabled in their respective menus.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

Quick hotfix .
Thanks 3saster for doing the ZScript HUD fix for me!

Bodhisattva
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Bodhisattva »

1.9 makes the second level of any wad a slightly modified version of original MAP02 from Doom II with some metal pipes and new barrels. What's up with that?
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

Bodhisattva wrote:1.9 makes the second level of any wad a slightly modified version of original MAP02 from Doom II with some metal pipes and new barrels. What's up with that?

uhoh. i should fix that lemme reupload, i was testing a way to fix the zombies positioning in map02 since for some reason they are stuck in walls

EDIT: K thanks for pointing that out, that's really not good, i fixed it, you should be fine now
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Firing the primary fire with the rifle while zoomed seems to forcefully pull you out of zoom, which can be a little annoying when trying to land those headshots. The recoild for the rifle could also be toned down just a smidge. Regardless, I really like where this mod is going! Keep it up, man
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

Whoah wrote:Firing the primary fire with the rifle while zoomed seems to forcefully pull you out of zoom, which can be a little annoying when trying to land those headshots. The recoild for the rifle could also be toned down just a smidge. Regardless, I really like where this mod is going! Keep it up, man
That seems to be a new bug that's appeared in between v1.9pre and the release. I'll fix that up.

Thanks for the kind words, my dude.
stagefatality

Post by stagefatality »

Is there an option to disable the red orb/circle on the monsters' heads? Using the unstable beta version.

So far, I'm really enjoying this mod, it's got a strong challenge reminding me of a middle ground between SUAB and HD.
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

Does this work with LZDOOM?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”