Duke Nuke 3D v10b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Duke Nuke 3D v10b

Postby Assassin of Purity » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:04 pm

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
RikohZX wrote:Considering that DNF actually had pretty big variety of guns, and the fact that DNF was pretty much dumbed down for console + younger audience, it's quite a solid comparison. For me it's the only one problem the game had, other than that it was quite solid and fun shooter, although a bit linear (but neither a key hunt).

It wasn't dumbed down for consoles. They tried to ride off the success of Halo and Call of Duty.

------------

To answer your question, there is a bug where it doesn't shrink the enemy on GZDoom, but on Zandromum it works just fine. Just want to let everyone know. Mod has other bugs though.
Assassin of Purity

Postby Redneckerz » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:05 am

Assassin of Purity wrote:
------------

To answer your question, there is a bug where it doesn't shrink the enemy on GZDoom, but on Zandromum it works just fine. Just want to let everyone know. Mod has other bugs though.

It seems you didn't quote me. :wink:

Do you have the specific code where it the Shrink ray bugs out? And what the other bugs consist of that appear in GZDoom?
Also, which GZDoom and Zandro versions are you using?
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Assassin of Purity » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:38 am

Redneckerz wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:
------------

It seems you didn't quote me. :wink:

Do you have the specific code where it the Shrink ray bugs out? And what the other bugs consist of that appear in GZDoom?
Also, which GZDoom and Zandro versions are you using?

Well no errors appear when using the weapon on GZDoom. Game doesn't crash when using the weapon on that source port. I tried it on both 4.4.2 and 3.8.2 of GZ. For Zandromum I used the 3.1 Alpha, and it works just fine there as I said. The Duke mod I'm talking about is v6, which is the one that has that error.
Assassin of Purity

Postby wildweasel » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:19 am

Assassin of Purity wrote:The Duke mod I'm talking about is v6, which is the one that has that error.

Does the problem still occur with the current mod version? The thread title indicates it's up to v10b.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Assassin of Purity » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:11 pm

wildweasel wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:The Duke mod I'm talking about is v6, which is the one that has that error.

Does the problem still occur with the current mod version? The thread title indicates it's up to v10b.

Yes, but now it's not just GZDoom. It happens on Zandromum too.
Assassin of Purity

Postby Duke91 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:21 am

wildweasel wrote:

Search for DN3Doom and play that one instead, it's much more balanced overall (in this one a pig cop can kill you with 2 shots, enforcers can also kill you really fast), and still gets updated.
Duke91

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby wildweasel » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:57 am

Duke91 wrote:Search for DN3Doom and play that one instead, it's much more balanced overall (in this one a pig cop can kill you with 2 shots, enforcers can also kill you really fast), and still gets updated.

This doesn't help a person who wants to play this mod, though.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby nakkemake » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:29 am

If someone would have duke nukem 3d levels for zdoom that would be great!
nakkemake

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:33 am

nakkemake wrote:If someone would have duke nukem 3d levels for zdoom that would be great!

I really doubt that what you're asking is physically possible due to the fact thst Build engine abuses 4D trick quite often (namely secret levels of second and third episodes).

Not to mention movable non-infinite-tall objects that something gzdoom would only dream for.

Sure, 4D can be mimicked with map portal thingy, but movable things are still required. Means, you can't physically get maps like babe's land.
MaxRideWizardLord

Postby Captain J » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:20 pm

Maybe 4D stuff aren't gonna work on Doom, it's already possible to make 3d buildings and walls in Doombuilder. But it's gonna take a lot of time plus resources.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby twelvenipon » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:00 am

I finished addon for this mod with
- new radioactive bonus pickups , collect 8(green) or 4(brown) to get healthregen , collect 12 for steroids ( if steroids in inventory or health regen is active cannot collect this type of bonus
- red radioactive bonus ( just like stimpack , dropped from stronger monsters , no count for health regen or steroids bonus
- everything ( monsters , weapons , etc change for DOOM , less weapons, monsters , but more fun and balanced gameplay

DOWNLOAD : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
twelvenipon

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods