Duke Nuke 3D v10b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mr.Ramon

Duke Nuke 3D v10b

Post by Mr.Ramon »

A Doom mod that replaces all the weapons, enemies and items of the classic doom to that of the Duke Nukem 3D World Tour, adding new aliens and weapons to give more variety to the classic gameplay.

Download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-3 ... em-3d-v101

Download the Duke Nukem 3D World Tour music package: https://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-3 ... ull-musics

Play Information

- Title : Duke Nukem 3D (Version 10b)
- Filename : DukeNukem3D_v10b.pk3
- Date Finished : July 26, 2019
- Author : DonRamon
- E-Mail : lramonportugal@gmail.com
- Source port : Zandronum / ZDoom / GZDoom
- Maps : None
- Single Player : Yes
- Cooperative 2-4 Player : Yes
- Deathmatch : No
- Difficulty Settings : Yes
- New Sounds : Yes
- New Music : No
- New Graphics : Yes
- Enemies Replaced : Yes
- Other Game Styles : Yes
- Available for GZDoom Builder : Yes

Bestiary
Spoiler:
Weapons
Spoiler:
Pictures
Spoiler:
Credits
Spoiler:
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Duke Nuke 3D v10b

Post by 3336655445 »

+100up endorses
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Is this a port of Duke it Out in DOOM from 3DGE to GZDoom?
Mr.Ramon

Post by Mr.Ramon »

No, this has nothing to do with the Duke it Out in DOOM, it is completely different.
LowEndPCGamer100

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

This is great! I'm gonna play this with hell on earth starter pack to get that near-duke experience lol
LowEndPCGamer100

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Is this a port of Duke it Out in DOOM from 3DGE to GZDoom?
No, this is just Duke3D stuff, plus some more on top, although almost at greater quality than the original assets on the build engine, not quite as accurate though.
TheSuperSteve

Post by TheSuperSteve »

This looks absolutely fantastic. Took it out for a spin, and I'm thrilled to finally have a fully featured Duke mod for Doom that fully works. Was that the Quad Shotgun from Duke GBA? I loudly went like "holy crap" when I saw it. I love Duke GBA. The shrink ray actually works as well, unlike that other Duke mod.

That said, I do think the mod is a bit unbalanced for Doom gameplay. Enemies don't drop ammo all the time, which is the default Duke 3D behavior. This doesn't work in Doom because of the way maps are designed knowing that zombiemen, shotgunguys, and chaingunguys always drop ammo. The result was that I often found myself with little to no ammo. Just kicking things to death, most of the time. So this should be fixed.

I also noticed some enemies deal tons of damage. I'm not sure if the difficulty setting changes the damage output of the enemies or something, but I was playing on "Damn I'm Good" thinking it was the equivalent of UV.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I did a quick romp through Doom 2... Here's some feedback.

The weapons were nicely implemented, though the kick is pretty useless. The pistols lack a reload function though, it got kinda troublesome to use them against groups of enemies due to stopping in mid-fire to reload. Pipebombs dropping in place of Health/Armor Bonuses was a bit excessive, it's impossible to run out of them. There is a bit of over-saturation when it comes to weapon counts, IMO no more than 3 weapons should occupy a weapon slot and slots 2-4 have many. This can be easily remedied if certain weapons you pick up replace others. The enemies are kinda overpowered, they all deal way too much damage.

With that said, here's a quick list of suggested fixes:

1. Have the kick actually do something. Whether it be minor damage with a stun or knockback, or deal a significant amount of damage in general, or all the above.
2. Reload for pistols would be ideal.
3. Revise Health/Armor Bonus drops, maybe restore the bonuses or spawn something useful by chance.
4. Revise enemy damage values.
5. A small list of weapons that should get replaced:
Pistols > Blacktail (maybe bind a dual wield key for both as well)
Shotgun > Assault Shotgun
Chaingun Cannon > Minigun

Overall, pretty good release, hope to see more.
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

i lose it
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

HOOOOOLY SHIT. Duke is the KING of doom modding once again!! I really love the each special effects on either enemies and weapons. And Sound Effect is so various! I love the fact that you used some Perk's HD Duke 3D ones. Very nice to hear. New weapon sprites also looks great and has original duke feel into it. I love this mod already.
Spoiler: and of course, i've got some suggestions and problems after playing this. Check this out, Dook Nookie
And that's about it. Thank you so much for creating this mod. I just had some blast with it. Looking forward to the update!
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

Very very nice. Minor things here and there, and I really wish to see how far the mod goes! Only thing I miss... levels! :) What recommended levels to play with? Very good job. Visuals are excellent.
HMNuke93

Post by HMNuke93 »

Weapons feel great and i really like the new monsters you added, they fit the gameplay nicely. Would like to see the Duke64 grenade launcher and uzis added, also Cyberkeef as boss from the psx port. Btw, i'm happy to see my gloves and desert eagle sprites put to good use!
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Can you add options to disable any of the weapons?
Gurziak

Post by Gurziak »

https://youtu.be/3XoLTK8heYI

Works for DeltaTouch btw.

Everything feels solid. I would like to see an options menu eventually with the usual suspects of monster/weapon toggles. Enemies seem to hit a little too hard also.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Really good so far. This is pretty much how I imagined a good GZDoom Duke mod.

But I noticed a bug where the railgun leaves an explosion graphic where it hits, not sure if it was just me. I was playing it with Ultimate Torment and Torture compatibility edition, might have something to do with that.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”