Duke Nuke 3D v10b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Duke Nuke 3D v10b

Post by Assassin of Purity »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
RikohZX wrote: Considering that DNF actually had pretty big variety of guns, and the fact that DNF was pretty much dumbed down for console + younger audience, it's quite a solid comparison. For me it's the only one problem the game had, other than that it was quite solid and fun shooter, although a bit linear (but neither a key hunt).
It wasn't dumbed down for consoles. They tried to ride off the success of Halo and Call of Duty.

------------

To answer your question, there is a bug where it doesn't shrink the enemy on GZDoom, but on Zandromum it works just fine. Just want to let everyone know. Mod has other bugs though.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Assassin of Purity wrote:
------------

To answer your question, there is a bug where it doesn't shrink the enemy on GZDoom, but on Zandromum it works just fine. Just want to let everyone know. Mod has other bugs though.
It seems you didn't quote me. :wink:

Do you have the specific code where it the Shrink ray bugs out? And what the other bugs consist of that appear in GZDoom?
Also, which GZDoom and Zandro versions are you using?
Assassin of Purity

Redneckerz wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:
------------

It seems you didn't quote me. :wink:

Do you have the specific code where it the Shrink ray bugs out? And what the other bugs consist of that appear in GZDoom?
Also, which GZDoom and Zandro versions are you using?
Well no errors appear when using the weapon on GZDoom. Game doesn't crash when using the weapon on that source port. I tried it on both 4.4.2 and 3.8.2 of GZ. For Zandromum I used the 3.1 Alpha, and it works just fine there as I said. The Duke mod I'm talking about is v6, which is the one that has that error.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them

Post by wildweasel »

Assassin of Purity wrote:The Duke mod I'm talking about is v6, which is the one that has that error.
Does the problem still occur with the current mod version? The thread title indicates it's up to v10b.
Assassin of Purity

wildweasel wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:The Duke mod I'm talking about is v6, which is the one that has that error.
Does the problem still occur with the current mod version? The thread title indicates it's up to v10b.
Yes, but now it's not just GZDoom. It happens on Zandromum too.
Duke91
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Duke91 »

wildweasel wrote:
Search for DN3Doom and play that one instead, it's much more balanced overall (in this one a pig cop can kill you with 2 shots, enforcers can also kill you really fast), and still gets updated.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them

Post by wildweasel »

Duke91 wrote:Search for DN3Doom and play that one instead, it's much more balanced overall (in this one a pig cop can kill you with 2 shots, enforcers can also kill you really fast), and still gets updated.
This doesn't help a person who wants to play this mod, though.
nakkemake

Post by nakkemake »

If someone would have duke nukem 3d levels for zdoom that would be great!
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

nakkemake wrote:If someone would have duke nukem 3d levels for zdoom that would be great!
I really doubt that what you're asking is physically possible due to the fact thst Build engine abuses 4D trick quite often (namely secret levels of second and third episodes).

Not to mention movable non-infinite-tall objects that something gzdoom would only dream for.

Sure, 4D can be mimicked with map portal thingy, but movable things are still required. Means, you can't physically get maps like babe's land.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Maybe 4D stuff aren't gonna work on Doom, it's already possible to make 3d buildings and walls in Doombuilder. But it's gonna take a lot of time plus resources.
twelvenipon

Post by twelvenipon »

Updated plus gameplay video

and what to expect ?
Simple my goal is to improve this mod to by well balanced for DOOM Maps and fun to play ever on hard dificulty

expect less monster, weapons, but with resistances and changed combat, AI behavior, chances for piercing hits from hitscan weapons,
advanced protection system for dificult combat scenes and more

DOWNLOAD : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

Since this is my favourite Duke3D mod I tried so far, I tought that the only missing thing was some weapon recoil as it felt too static when firing, so I took some time to find out what could be the best setting and this is where I came trough,
I've also changed bobbing style and speed to some weapons it felt better for my taste, and added abilty to reload

Load after DukeNukem3D_v10b.pk3 of course:
DN3Dv10bWeapRecoilPatch.pk3
(74.16 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Last edited by Colerx on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

Alright I've made some personal changes, some in addition and some mixed with twelvenipon's variant.

My additions:

-Added ability to reload when clip not completely empty. (Same as patch above)
-Added weapon recoil effects (Same as patch above)
-Explosions gore effects remains on the ground without disappearing
-Improved hud clip-load and throw-power bars (I used both bar versions and depending on wich screensize using)
-Changed mighty foot sound (borrowed from BD)

Mixed features (compared to original v10b and taken from twelvenipon):

-Some Aliens do less damage (indeed before some pigcops and troopers were too OP)
-Balanced pickups around vanilla maps
-Pigcop Sheriff upon death can mutate into Hog Boss.
-Protozoid Slimers and Eggs release a toxic gas upon death.
-Slightly balanced dropped items. added just a few healh pickups here and there (twelvenipon's version had too much imho)
-After pickup some health cans life is starting to regenerate, (wanted to set green screen effect instead of red but color values won't respond)

- and probably others who I didn't even noticed when testing, I'll update the post in case

I've disabled the automatic holoduke and steroids, I would like that once picked up 20 steroids segments it will give manual usable steroids in inventory instead, shouldn't be too difficult, however I'll have a look.

This is not such a big work but for me actually the game plays better, I liked some features added from twelvenipon but I missed others from Mr.Ramon.
Hope it's gonna be appreciated as one of my first works here, Love GZDOOM <3

DukeNukem3D_v10b2.pk3

(Oh, I hope I have permission to give it a version subnumber)
ZaWarudo11

Post by ZaWarudo11 »

Anyone have any map reccomendations to go alongside this that aren't Penthouse Paradise or EDay? Thanks :)
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

Hey theres some way to play the mod only with the monsters , without the guns ?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”