NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.3 OUT NOW!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Do you Prefer The Type 99 Nambu or the Type 89 Howa?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Type 89
52%
Type 99
48%

Total votes: 21

Joblez_I
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.2 OUT NOW!)

Post by Joblez_I »

hey everyone! Naku-Naru 1.3 is still a wip, but i decided (since today is my birthday, and i haven't had much time to work on 1.3), that i would put it out the source code publicly on github! this means you can compile and playtest 1.3, there aren't too many changes yet (mostly marginal changes that improve the gameplay), but i hope you all will enjoy!
AstartesCitizen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.3 BETA IS AVAILABLE!)

Post by AstartesCitizen »

HO HO!! For a time I was wondering about what happened to this gem, its sweet to know is on the works again! Any plans of introducing new weapons/items? Looking foward to it!
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.2 OUT NOW!)

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Joblez_I wrote:hey everyone! Naku-Naru 1.3 is still a wip, but i decided (since today is my birthday, and i haven't had much time to work on 1.3), that i would put it out the source code publicly on github! this means you can compile and playtest 1.3, there aren't too many changes yet (mostly marginal changes that improve the gameplay), but i hope you all will enjoy!

Happy birthday .. afterwards

Hope you are alright..

Your mod is amazing..I'll upload a video soon on my channel an post it here ..
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

One question ..what are the 2 different game modes ?
out can choose them in the mod options but I don't get the difference
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It simply switches your slot 6 weapon. Type 99 Nambu is a Light Machine Gun used during WW2, and Type 89 Howa is an Assault Rifle still being used by Japan Self-Defense Forces. 89 uses its own ammo and is slightly faster, slightly weaker than 99. Tho it's weird that 89 has no ammo in the mag once you pick it up.

And i think Type 97 Arisaka's Bayonet alerts the enemies.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I was about to mention the Arisaka too, Captain.

Some light bugs from previous versions still persist, such as dryfire sounds cutting over firing sound channels and weapons able to reload with empty mags.

Other than that i think you replaced some sounds, which i like ;p
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Aaaaalso i really don't want to be like that suggesting-guy but since you did the plasma rifle replacement option, i would like to see the option for pistol replacement as well. Revolver is powerful, but quite slow and won't do much of pain-state maker.

But if i could get my hands on Nambu pistol, on the other hand!... :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Or even, the revolvers from previous versions! I used to like those too.
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Captain J wrote:Aaaaalso i really don't want to be like that suggesting-guy but since you did the plasma rifle replacement option, i would like to see the option for pistol replacement as well. Revolver is powerful, but quite slow and won't do much of pain-state maker.

But if i could get my hands on Nambu pistol, on the other hand!... :D
Or to keep 'on theme' with the plasma rifle replacement: use the current sidearm of the JSDF, specifically the SPF9-M version of the H&K VP9.
Phyne

Post by Phyne »

I don't know if I'm the only person suffering this problem (does everyone play with the autoaim function on?), but all of the weapons seem to hit extremely low.

https://imgur.com/a/lx7x5wc

I generally play with the crosshair off and without autoaim, and it's extremely difficult to hit enemies properly with the Arisaka. At point blank the bullet lands beneath the weapon sprite, and at range based on distance it will hit somewhere in the middle between center screen and the sprite's ironsights. It is by far my favorite weapon to use from any wad to date so I'd love for it to perform properly!
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

This is such an AWESOME mod! I can't stop playing it. I love the focus on melee combat and how if you're good enough, you don't even need to use guns at all (Minus some boss fights). The guns are alot of fun to use as well and they all deliver a nice "oomph" when fired. Both type 89 and 99 are fun to use. I switch them out from time to time when I get board with one.

The only features I'd like is the ability to duel wield uzis. Also, is there a way to set the weapons to automatically reload when a clip runs dry as opposed to having to manually reload them.
Phyne

Post by Phyne »

I decided to fiddle around to fix the bullets hitting low, and it's a really easy fix. Do one of these things in the ACTOR Newplayer : PlayerPawn section in decorate/player.dec in the .pk3:

Add Player.AttackZOffset 20. An offset of 20 is perfectly centered. An offset of 16 is identical to vanilla doom.

Or change player.viewheight 48 to 40 and add Player.AttackZOffset 12. This is vanilla viewheight and perfectly centered.

Or make yourself comically short player.viewheight 36 for perfectly centered bullets.

Have fun!
EpicTyphlosion
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by EpicTyphlosion »

I'm not sure if it'd fit with the rest of the weapons in the mod, but HOWA recently unveiled their replacement to the type-89: the type-20. It's basically a SCAR painted black with vents on both sides of the barrel.

It could work as a secret weapon though, either accessible from secret maps or via the command line.
r&r

Post by r&r »

A request can anyone make a compatibility weapon patch
for the Shadow Warrior Total Conversion 12 maps ?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46168
rhyrhygogo

Post by rhyrhygogo »

Any recommended wads for Naku Naru?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”