NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.3 OUT NOW!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Do you Prefer The Type 99 Nambu or the Type 89 Howa?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Type 89
52%
Type 99
48%

Total votes: 21

theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by theroguemonk »

lol this makes me to have a true sequel to shadow warrior with this style only with shadow warrior weapons and mods....
also only ninja star and a katan is missing here for making it even better
Epikaffe

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by Epikaffe »

This shits amazing. All guns sound and look awesome, they're really satisfying to use as well.

I would just suggest to substitute the Minebea PM-9 for a type 100.
Joblez_I
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.2 OUT NOW!)

Post by Joblez_I »

Version 1.2 is out! with a whole bunch of new features and sprites :)
Thorogrimm

Post by Thorogrimm »

Joblez_I wrote:Version 1.2 is out! with a whole bunch of new features and sprites :)
I love the new sounds, man! Everything feels a lot pucnhier and satistying, even the menu! The weapons feel great as well, I noticed the change on the hook weapon, when there's a continuous slash attack as opposed to a combo with an alternate jab with the end of it, like from Heretic. I like that. Great work man! You're living up to that Caco'ward!
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Oh yes!
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Sweet! Much punchier and beefier overall, without being over the top. Though they still seem to be cutting off if you empty a mag and try to keep firing?

Also, and this is a super fucking Gun Nerd-y complaint... the Type 99 LMG doesn't eject casings downward like the Bren, it ejects them to the right. (In fact, calling the Type 99 a copy of the Bren is incorrect - visually they're similar, internally they have dramatically different operating mechanisms.)

EDIT: Also I noticed you toned down the 'secret found' SFX, thank you!
affandede

Post by affandede »

Here is your first addon! (If you can call something done in ten minutes top an addon, that is)

Despite being an amazing gun to use, Type99 felt a bit lacking in the punchiness department and a bit underwhelming as an SSG replacement. So I cooked up this little thing and decided to share if anyone feels similar about this beauty. I buffed its damage from 65 to 100 and made the ammo way more scarce. However, I'll also try to reduce its spawn chance after I get a good night of sleep. Anyhow, now it feels more like a low-tech railgun without still being over the top in my opinion. Feedback is appreciated.
Attachments
BuffedType99.pk3
(3.37 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
TyreForHyre

Post by TyreForHyre »

So I've been playing this and getting a feel for this mod since 1.1, I gotta say there's a lot to love in the new update, thank you so much!
Going to lay out my thoughts on the weapons and how I feel about em.

Staff: The new single button blender mode on the staff is great, it doesn't feel near as clunky as it did in 1.1 and it just turns demons into paste real nice.

Revolver: While I'm a bit sad to see the old one go, boy howdy does this one feel -loads- better to use. The push to 25 from 20 damage is nice but more importantly it's just so much snappier to use, I love it.

Shotgun: It was great before, it's incredible now. The tightening on the spread is nice and the extra pellet, but the melee also feels -way- smoother than in 1.1, maybe it's just the animation but I love it.

SMG: The new increased mag is much appreciated, it sprays like it always did but... there's a noticeable delay if you single tap, this actually affects all the automatics sadly and it makes it feel not nearly as responsive? I don't know something just feels a bit off that I can't quite put my finger on with it. Also at times a single tap will fire two rounds, I don't know why, it's strange. The melee with this one feels kind of bad and stilted, compared to the admittedly broken one in 1.1... or compared to the pistol or shotgun really. All this being said it's still -incredible- for mowing down a load of hitscanners, or peppering a caco.

Bolt action: The drop in damage from 80 to 65 (and removal of the d3 damage multiplier on top of that) feels real bad. Used to be even on low rolls you would be able to one shot anything up to a chaingunner guaranteed, having to double tap a chaingunner means you are getting peppered, meaning that's one less enemy you can use this thing with. The juice just isn't worth the squeeze for this weapon now unless you just need to burn some ammo. Also the melee is... fine, it's there and sometimes it kills something.

Rocket Launcher: It was real fun before, still great now.

Skull: Hell yes.

LMG: The damage increase from 15 to 16 is negligible, however the mag increase from 30 to 55 -really- helps this thing stand out. Still suffers from the strange single tapping issues sometimes firing two rounds. It's good for really spraying in a crowd or mowing down a revenant.

Assault Rifle: Smaller mag than the LMG and damage is only two points lower at 14, totally worth the trade off in my opinion cause this thing just sprays bullets down a line so fast that it acts as the plasma rifle of this weaponset. Totally locks down archviles, which was a weakness I found myself struggling with in 1.1. Suffers from the strange single tapping issues sometimes firing two rounds.

I do apologize for some the nitpicks, I quite love this weaponset and thank you for all the time and effort you've put into it, I've been having quite a blast with it for sure and hope to see more!
Last edited by TyreForHyre on Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

love this mod
question-will u replace other items like powerups with something?would be cool
Joblez_I

Post by Joblez_I »

Gorec wrote:love this mod
question-will u replace other items like powerups with something?would be cool
was thinking about it for sure. will work on it for the future!
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Loving everything about the update except for the bolt-action nerf. Seems pseudo-useless now unless you are out of ammo for everything else and it's the only thing left.
sotenga

Post by sotenga »

This weapon mod is awesome and the Cacoward is well-deserved! However, I was thinking of a few ideas to spruce it up, but do with them as you will, even if that is nothing! I'm not a programmer in the least, just a fan who's been playing too many Doom mods over the past couple of months, haha. But anyway, my ideas:

1: The Crescent Staff is an amazing melee weapon, so if you were considering a Chainsaw replacement that isn't just the Arisaka, it'll have to offer something different than what the Staff does. I thought of three potential ideas: Windmill Shuriken (infinitely reusable long range weapon with a fair delay between throws), Poison Tanto (not as fast as the Staff but inflicts damage over time when a stab connects), or Kiseru (iron pipe that provides some sort of buff when smoked, not sure what though).

2: Almost nobody likes the Blursphere, so if you had to alter any one power-up, that would certainly be it. I had three ideas for this as well: Smoke Bomb (complete invisibility like Shadow Warrior or the ring from Quake), Shadow Clone (creates a dummy that runs around and distracts enemies like the Holoduke), or Tengu Mask (summons crows to peck at and distract enemies). I'm not sure if any programming tricks can have any of these done, but if anything like these ideas are feasible, it's worth considering.

3: It seems most agree that the Type 99 Arisaka needs a retooling, but I love the idea of sniper weapons in Doom since that's a niche the original weapon set never filled in, and we need to take care of those friggin' Chain-snipers however we can. I think, to balance the Arisaka, increase its damage way up, like almost as much as a full Super Shotgun blast, but increase the ammo cost as well. Would it be a cheat to spend more than one 7.7x58mm round for every reload? Or can it have its own ammo type like the Howa? Or would that be overcomplicating the amount of ammo types available? Just throwing some ideas out there, but I agree with Tyre that it should be able to at least one-shot Chain-snipers.

Alright, that's all the suggestions I have for now. Again, consider them or disregard them, it's your mod. Joblez, you and the team keep up the great work you've been doing!
Joblez_I

Post by Joblez_I »

skdursh wrote:Loving everything about the update except for the bolt-action nerf. Seems pseudo-useless now unless you are out of ammo for everything else and it's the only thing left.
y'know, i didn't even realize it did less damage until now. i guess i must've forgotten i debuffed it at some point and then rebuffed it to a lesser extent? i had been working on 1.2 kinda inconsistently for about 3 months, so i guess i could've forgotten. will definitely patch it back up for 1.3, thanks for the reply. i had a playtester who mentioned its' damage output being kinda inconsistent so i removed doom's damage randomizer and so it consistently does 65 damage.
Joblez_I

Post by Joblez_I »

sotenga wrote:This weapon mod is awesome and the Cacoward is well-deserved! However, I was thinking of a few ideas to spruce it up, but do with them as you will, even if that is nothing! I'm not a programmer in the least, just a fan who's been playing too many Doom mods over the past couple of months, haha. But anyway, my ideas:

1: The Crescent Staff is an amazing melee weapon, so if you were considering a Chainsaw replacement that isn't just the Arisaka, it'll have to offer something different than what the Staff does. I thought of three potential ideas: Windmill Shuriken (infinitely reusable long range weapon with a fair delay between throws), Poison Tanto (not as fast as the Staff but inflicts damage over time when a stab connects), or Kiseru (iron pipe that provides some sort of buff when smoked, not sure what though).

2: Almost nobody likes the Blursphere, so if you had to alter any one power-up, that would certainly be it. I had three ideas for this as well: Smoke Bomb (complete invisibility like Shadow Warrior or the ring from Quake), Shadow Clone (creates a dummy that runs around and distracts enemies like the Holoduke), or Tengu Mask (summons crows to peck at and distract enemies). I'm not sure if any programming tricks can have any of these done, but if anything like these ideas are feasible, it's worth considering.

3: It seems most agree that the Type 99 Arisaka needs a retooling, but I love the idea of sniper weapons in Doom since that's a niche the original weapon set never filled in, and we need to take care of those friggin' Chain-snipers however we can. I think, to balance the Arisaka, increase its damage way up, like almost as much as a full Super Shotgun blast, but increase the ammo cost as well. Would it be a cheat to spend more than one 7.7x58mm round for every reload? Or can it have its own ammo type like the Howa? Or would that be overcomplicating the amount of ammo types available? Just throwing some ideas out there, but I agree with Tyre that it should be able to at least one-shot Chain-snipers.

Alright, that's all the suggestions I have for now. Again, consider them or disregard them, it's your mod. Joblez, you and the team keep up the great work you've been doing!
what an excellent bunch of ideas! i had a few ideas for the chainsaw replacement for 1.3, like a massive kanabo you can get. i really like the tengu mask idea, and the idea for the chainsaw replacers might go good for a newer project ;^)
Joblez_I

Post by Joblez_I »

TyreForHyre wrote:So I've been playing this and getting a feel for this mod since 1.1, I gotta say there's a lot to love in the new update, thank you so much!
Going to lay out my thoughts on the weapons and how I feel about em.

Staff: The new single button blender mode on the staff is great, it doesn't feel near as clunky as it did in 1.1 and it just turns demons into paste real nice.

Revolver: While I'm a bit sad to see the old one go, boy howdy does this one feel -loads- better to use. The push to 25 from 20 damage is nice but more importantly it's just so much snappier to use, I love it.

Shotgun: It was great before, it's incredible now. The tightening on the spread is nice and the extra pellet, but the melee also feels -way- smoother than in 1.1, maybe it's just the animation but I love it.

SMG: The new increased mag is much appreciated, it sprays like it always did but... there's a noticeable delay if you single tap, this actually affects all the automatics sadly and it makes it feel not nearly as responsive? I don't know something just feels a bit off that I can't quite put my finger on with it. Also at times a single tap will fire two rounds, I don't know why, it's strange. The melee with this one feels kind of bad and stilted, compared to the admittedly broken one in 1.1... or compared to the pistol or shotgun really. All this being said it's still -incredible- for mowing down a load of hitscanners, or peppering a caco.

Bolt action: The drop in damage from 80 to 65 (and removal of the d3 damage multiplier on top of that) feels real bad. Used to be even on low rolls you would be able to one shot anything up to a chaingunner guaranteed, having to double tap a chaingunner means you are getting peppered, meaning that's one less enemy you can use this thing with. The juice just isn't worth the squeeze for this weapon now unless you just need to burn some ammo. Also the melee is... fine, it's there and sometimes it kills something.

Rocket Launcher: It was real fun before, still great now.

Skull: Hell yes.

LMG: The damage increase from 15 to 16 is negligible, however the mag increase from 30 to 55 -really- helps this thing stand out. Still suffers from the strange single tapping issues sometimes firing two rounds. It's good for really spraying in a crowd or mowing down a revenant.

Assault Rifle: Smaller mag than the LMG and damage is only two points lower at 14, totally worth the trade off in my opinion cause this thing just sprays bullets down a line so fast that it acts as the plasma rifle of this weaponset. Totally locks down archviles, which was a weakness I found myself struggling with in 1.1. Suffers from the strange single tapping issues sometimes firing two rounds.

I do apologize for some the nitpicks, I quite love this weaponset and thank you for all the time and effort you've put into it, I've been having quite a blast with it for sure and hope to see more!
thanks for the time put into this response! i can see that people really wish for the type 99 to get some kind of buff and for the swing on one-handed weapons be patched up a bit, i will definitely rework those two out! i'm also considering having a poll for which plasma gun replacement weapon people prefer, and i will make the winner the main plasma gun replacement MG in 1.3.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”