Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.4 03/05/20] Z-Surprise Page 4!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.4 03/05/20] Z-Surprise Page 4!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

DOWNLOAD!

Hello again, welcome to my 8th mod. For those who know Kriegsland, i only need to say thanks for all your support in these 2 years!

For those who don't, i'd like to invite you to give a go on a mod that's all about shooting nazis and robots with high tech weaponry, using gadgets, dual wielded weapons and, more importantly, getting psyched ;)
Spoiler: What's the lore behind Kriegsland II?
Spoiler: Read before playing, seriously
Spoiler: What this mod has to offer?
Spoiler: Credits
Spoiler: Links/Add-ons
Spoiler: Videos
As always, have fun and GET PSYCHED!
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:32 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Gideon020

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Post by Gideon020 »

Could have a heavy machinegun and the hammergeweher be the Plasma and BFG. :D

But still, I'm looking to playing this and whatever future updates bring. :)
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

I love Kriegsland and was always waiting for updates. Now I gotta try out the sequel. I was planning on doing some videos with this, now maybe I'll try out this one instead.
affandede

Post by affandede »

A new mod by GAA? This is a good day to be alive.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

You listed Hexen twice in the game compatibility listings. :lol:
Endie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Endie »

Gotta love what you did here.
The game isbfast paced, the gunplay is fluid, and the overall flow is awesome, nice job man
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

While I am very excited, shooting demons in the face in a Nazi mod feels weird, lol. I'm gonna wait till they're implemented. However, I do like the whole revolution vibe, eagerly awaiting more updates
Korell

Post by Korell »

Is the Kriegsland Enemies pack here different to the one linked to for Kriegsland 1, and designed for Kriegsland 2, or is it more of an updated version of the original Kriegsland Enemies pack for use with both Kriegsland 1+2?
Black Rock Shooter

Post by Black Rock Shooter »

Congrats on the release, chief! Love ya.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Ran through Doom 1 and 2, not bad at all.

Hexen needs some touch-ups though, the HUD is little strange, and the menu cursor is missing.

I do have some issues though:

1. The kick is worthless. It does little to no damage and doesn't even knock-back or stun. Brutal Doom style kicks would be very useful.

2. Punch damage range is too wide, sometimes it takes twice as many hits to kill something.

3. I'd like an option for used medkits to disappear or fade away on pick-up.

4. Nazis deal too much damage through armor. Even when trying not to get hit as much as possible, I easily chew through all of the medkits in the level when they do get some hit off on me. Is this intended?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

UnbornDecay25 wrote:While I am very excited, shooting demons in the face in a Nazi mod feels weird, lol. I'm gonna wait till they're implemented. However, I do like the whole revolution vibe, eagerly awaiting more updates
Thanks! While i don't work on a complete version though, you can use the nazi enemies pack on the add-ons, which...
Korell wrote:Is the Kriegsland Enemies pack here different to the one linked to for Kriegsland 1, and designed for Kriegsland 2, or is it more of an updated version of the original Kriegsland Enemies pack for use with both Kriegsland 1+2?
It is exactly the same pack as the first! I will update it in the future, add new enemies, remove some that always felt off, and add more gimmicks. But rest assured that i'll inform you all when it happens.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:You listed Hexen twice in the game compatibility listings. :lol:
Fixed, thank you!
Gideon020 wrote:Could have a heavy machinegun and the hammergeweher be the Plasma and BFG. :D

But still, I'm looking to playing this and whatever future updates bring. :)
Nothing new in terms of weapons now, but i think this can be a stable weaponset. Thanks =)
Valherran wrote:Ran through Doom 1 and 2, not bad at all.

Hexen needs some touch-ups though, the HUD is little strange, and the menu cursor is missing.

I do have some issues though:

1. The kick is worthless. It does little to no damage and doesn't even knock-back or stun. Brutal Doom style kicks would be very useful.

2. Punch damage range is too wide, sometimes it takes twice as many hits to kill something.

3. I'd like an option for used medkits to disappear or fade away on pick-up.

4. Nazis deal too much damage through armor. Even when trying not to get hit as much as possible, I easily chew through all of the medkits in the level when they do get some hit off on me. Is this intended?
Thanks for the feedback! As for number 3, there is actually an option in "Extra menu" called "Medikit Litter". Turn it off and they'll fade away after 3 seconds! =)

Number 4 might be depending on which difficulty level you are playing on. Suicide and the 4th secret difficulty level are unforgiving when it comes to open maps, i admit (i die a lot of times and my wife mocks me for dying in my own mod hahaha). But thais is not news for me, so maybe i'll keep their high accuracy and tone down the damage.
Black Rock Shooter wrote:Congrats on the release, chief! Love ya.
Endie wrote:Gotta love what you did here.
The game isbfast paced, the gunplay is fluid, and the overall flow is awesome, nice job man
affandede wrote:A new mod by GAA? This is a good day to be alive.
Thank you all!
mutator

Post by mutator »

i actually liked the main mod the author made but this is good too, will weapons have ability to reload as optional in feature or it will stay as how it is?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Thanks for the feedback! As for number 3, there is actually an option in "Extra menu" called "Medikit Litter". Turn it off and they'll fade away after 3 seconds! =)
Ah, missed that one, thanks for pointing that out.
Number 4 might be depending on which difficulty level you are playing on. Suicide and the 4th secret difficulty level are unforgiving when it comes to open maps, i admit (i die a lot of times and my wife mocks me for dying in my own mod hahaha). But thais is not news for me, so maybe i'll keep their high accuracy and tone down the damage.
A small decrease in accuracy would help too, not a lot just a little bit. The bigger enemies tear you up at pretty much any range even at long, kind of unfair and not in a challenging way.

Another thing I noticed is that the robot enemy that replaces the Baron of Hell, he is really REALLY resistant to the slot 7 weapon. It can take up to 6 shots before dying when most enemies die in 1-2. Is that also intentional?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Pretty good mod, I really like the theme of it, which feels more modern yet still maintains some of the cyberpunk / WW2 theme the previous mod had. And the weapon sprites look gorgeous, especially the explosive sniper rifle.

I also would've never thought I'd see MK Special Forces in the credit list for a Doom mod. Lol

And here's a tiny bug report: The pickup message for Sturmflinte says that it is on Slot 3 whereas it's a Slot 7 weapon.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

GAA1992 wrote:
UnbornDecay25 wrote:While I am very excited, shooting demons in the face in a Nazi mod feels weird, lol. I'm gonna wait till they're implemented. However, I do like the whole revolution vibe, eagerly awaiting more updates
Thanks! While i don't work on a complete version though, you can use the nazi enemies pack on the add-ons, which...
I am a fucking moron and didnt see that. Tysm for letting me know.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”