Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.4 03/05/20] Z-Surprise Page 4!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jablon1000

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Post by jablon1000 »

Das ist eine meisterschaft!

I like overall concept, shooting is good, weapons are much simpler than kriegsland 1 but still good, zoom on every weapons is fucking great, visuals are ok. I would like to see more cyberpunk elements in this mod like "more cyberpunk" hud, some cymbernetic shit on hand sprites, some angumentations for collect etc.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

The weapons are nice and the HUD is simple it's fun to play. It's a bit weird for me trying to aim with the guns off to the side and not centered but with practice you can get used to it. Here is a nice gameplay vid I did.

Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

mutator wrote:i actually liked the main mod the author made but this is good too, will weapons have ability to reload as optional in feature or it will stay as how it is?
Believe me, i thought long about it, i never tried doing reloads for dual wielded weapons. Let's see what the future brings.
Valherran wrote: Another thing I noticed is that the robot enemy that replaces the Baron of Hell, he is really REALLY resistant to the slot 7 weapon. It can take up to 6 shots before dying when most enemies die in 1-2. Is that also intentional?
No, not intentional really. Slot 7 weapon has Fire damage imbued, which some months back i thought it was an awesome idea for the Kriegsland robots to resist. Yeah, i see how bad it turned out now.
D3athStalker wrote:Pretty good mod, I really like the theme of it, which feels more modern yet still maintains some of the cyberpunk / WW2 theme the previous mod had. And the weapon sprites look gorgeous, especially the explosive sniper rifle.

I also would've never thought I'd see MK Special Forces in the credit list for a Doom mod. Lol

And here's a tiny bug report: The pickup message for Sturmflinte says that it is on Slot 3 whereas it's a Slot 7 weapon.
Thank you! I always loved MK (though i know how bad MKSF is after growing up) and as you may have noticed, the LK-4D4 is a direct reference to it (i'll probably restore the old bouncing sounds from MK3) =p

Also, fixed on my side, ready for next update. Thank you man!
UnbornDecay25 wrote: I am a fucking moron and didnt see that. Tysm for letting me know.
:lol: no problems, that's why i am here for. Have fun!
jablon1000 wrote:Das ist eine meisterschaft!

I like overall concept, shooting is good, weapons are much simpler than kriegsland 1 but still good, zoom on every weapons is fucking great, visuals are ok. I would like to see more cyberpunk elements in this mod like "more cyberpunk" hud, some cymbernetic shit on hand sprites, some angumentations for collect etc.
Danke schön!

I remember more or less 3 weeks ago, or a month, i saw some sprites of a cyber arm around the forums (not the ones by Canned Yams, but those were good too) and thinking: "What if the player had cybern..." immediately i thought of Blood Dragon and the fact that it is a cliché. I like clichés, but i think players are tired of it, so i dropped it down. =p
Rex705 wrote:The weapons are nice and the HUD is simple it's fun to play. It's a bit weird for me trying to aim with the guns off to the side and not centered but with practice you can get used to it. Here is a nice gameplay vid I did.
Thank you!!! If you don't mind, i took the liberty of adding it into the first page =)

I loved the map! is it a single map or part of a megawad?

Again, thanks to you all!
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

GAA1992 wrote:Thank you!!! If you don't mind, I took the liberty of adding it into the first page =)

I loved the map! is it a single map or part of a megawad?

Again, thanks to you all!
That's cool ^_^ Crimson Canyon has 12 maps.
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

Some feedback:

1. Idk how feasible it is to do but the ear-ringing effect originating from the explosives and not from the player kind makes the effect not as immersive as it could be.

2. Slot 6 and 7 make casing noises but no casings are around, I assume this is WIP stuff tho.

3. There's a little bit of weapons kinda blending too much into each others roles which kinda irks me. like the slot 3 smg and slot 4 and slot 6 and 7. I know they perform differently with different ammo types in the case of 3&4 and there's a trend of spam vs concentrated power which I get but I still feel like A little more could be done. Idk, I Just finished Amid Evil and all the weapons kinda have their own roles in that game even if they share ammo pools so maybe I'm a bit biased.

Still really cool, I always appreciate your mods dude you got your own solid style that give everything feel pretty unique imo, no matter the scope of any of your mods.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I've been playing with this mod for a while since I got the beta. So far, it's a great start for a sequel, but there is much room for improvement.
  • Like the previous mod, the pistol is almost obsolete once you pick up the SMG. Maybe make it suppressed for covert use?
  • The Sturmflinte feels lackluster for a BFG-replacement weapon. Shorter range than the NKWS, consumes more ammo than it (5 shells?), and the incendiary effect doesn't work on robotic enemies from the Kriegsland enemies pack, making its total damage pitiful. Maybe make it consume less ammo (2 shells) and have it replace the super shotgun instead?
  • The zoom looks cool, but isn't very practical, especially when it's applied to all weapons. The sniper and armor-piercing rifles could have a scope overlay instead.
  • A couple explosive projectile and energy weapons would make great additions for this mod. Some of the big guns from Doom Incarnate should be a good inspiration.
  • Will cross-wielding (e.g. SMG+AR) return like in the previous mod?
  • If you really want, I can replace a few of the odd-looking robot enemies with bulkier, Wolf3D-styled ones for your enemy pack. Or make it as a separate addon.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

It's your 8th mod already? Man, how time flies by…
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Toberone wrote:Some feedback:

1. Idk how feasible it is to do but the ear-ringing effect originating from the explosives and not from the player kind makes the effect not as immersive as it could be.

2. Slot 6 and 7 make casing noises but no casings are around, I assume this is WIP stuff tho.

3. There's a little bit of weapons kinda blending too much into each others roles which kinda irks me. like the slot 3 smg and slot 4 and slot 6 and 7. I know they perform differently with different ammo types in the case of 3&4 and there's a trend of spam vs concentrated power which I get but I still feel like A little more could be done. Idk, I Just finished Amid Evil and all the weapons kinda have their own roles in that game even if they share ammo pools so maybe I'm a bit biased.

Still really cool, I always appreciate your mods dude you got your own solid style that give everything feel pretty unique imo, no matter the scope of any of your mods.
Thanks for the preference! As for the questions:

1 - I don't know how to make it more "realistic" too. One option could be shaders(could it?), but once again, i think it's too much for a feature that many guys dislike. I left it there for detail.

2 - You made me spot a bug where the NKWS in the akimbo right hand somehow spawned pistol casings, but all the other firing instances of weapons 6 and 7 spawn shell casings accordingly. Try checking out your menu options on "Extra" again, just to be sure.

3 - So, yeah. This is where Doom mods get cornered: making weapons unique. Doom per se is already unique in each weapon, but since this mod already does some basic gameplay breaking in order to feel different, such as highly stunlocking weapons, i honestly don't know what to answer =p
Jeimuzu73 wrote:I've been playing with this mod for a while since I got the beta. So far, it's a great start for a sequel, but there is much room for improvement.
  • Like the previous mod, the pistol is almost obsolete once you pick up the SMG. Maybe make it suppressed for covert use?
  • The Sturmflinte feels lackluster for a BFG-replacement weapon. Shorter range than the NKWS, consumes more ammo than it (5 shells?), and the incendiary effect doesn't work on robotic enemies from the Kriegsland enemies pack, making its total damage pitiful. Maybe make it consume less ammo (2 shells) and have it replace the super shotgun instead?
  • The zoom looks cool, but isn't very practical, especially when it's applied to all weapons. The sniper and armor-piercing rifles could have a scope overlay instead.
  • A couple explosive projectile and energy weapons would make great additions for this mod. Some of the big guns from Doom Incarnate should be a good inspiration.
  • Will cross-wielding (e.g. SMG+AR) return like in the previous mod?
  • If you really want, I can replace a few of the odd-looking robot enemies with bulkier, Wolf3D-styled ones for your enemy pack. Or make it as a separate addon.
Thanks for helping me out in beta testing! In for the questions:

1 - As much as i agree in a more general point, (and i like the silencer idea), i think the pistol doesn't get "completely obsolete". You see, the pistol is the most accurate weapon in the game (even more than the sniper, but i'll get to change that) and it deals more damage than the SMG. Still, nothing says more "spray and pray" than akimboed SMGs firing at 2 ticks each.

2 - The Sturmflinte will get some small buffing, but ill barely touch the damage at all. I personally find 2 shells too low cost for what it offers, and about it being a slot 3 weapon, it's a no-go because of two things: first, it'll be a way powerful weapon obtained way too early, and there are no SSGs in Doom 1 . I think we agree that the Scharfschutzengewehr makes less difference than the Sturmflinte =)

3 - Yes, i am aware of the zooming scopes, and pinned it on the semi-Q&A on the first page. But next update will probably feature them.

4 - New weapons are not in the scope right now, but thanks for the suggestion.

5 - Yes, i want to make the cross akimbo return, but the slide move is uncertain.

6 - Add-ons are always welcome! If you need some help with something, we can chat on Discord.
DabbingSquidward wrote:It's your 8th mod already? Man, how time flies by…
Indeed. I also can't believe it's been 2 years since i released Kriegsland. Good to see you around man! I definitely need to ask for your German skills once more =p
Meingott

Post by Meingott »

I Was a beta tester and i know this mod are one of my favorite WWII mods i gonna wait for more weapons new nazis and more stuff but good work needs time Steam name Soviet Garfielf Discord name Garfielf Sovietico
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

Any plans for Strife support? I would play the hell out of Strife with this :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Meingott wrote:I Was a beta tester and i know this mod are one of my favorite WWII mods i gonna wait for more weapons new nazis and more stuff but good work needs time Steam name Soviet Garfielf Discord name Garfielf Sovietico
Yes, i remember you buddy! Thanks for helping me out on feedback, expect more updates ;)
Darman Macray wrote:Any plans for Strife support? I would play the hell out of Strife with this :D
I wish it was easier, but MAP14 kinda bugs out. Well, it doesn't stop me from adapting Flakes Doom's patch (which is probably also bugged BTW), and copypasting it here =)

Also, just to mention, Rex705 made another gameplay video on Youtube, continuing the Crimson Canyon mapset!

Expect news soon!
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

Please tell me you're adding more weapons for the next updates because every single one of them felt "divine".
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

GAA1922 wrote: I wish it was easier, but MAP14 kinda bugs out. Well, it doesn't stop me from adapting Flakes Doom's patch (which is probably also bugged BTW), and copypasting it here =)

Expect news soon!
So is that "yes; soon?"

If so--Yippee!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.1 13/07/19]

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey guys

Just passing through to bring this update to you! Strife compatibility, two new weapons, some buffing here and there...
There are still things i need to settle up and solve in the mod, but for these i'll just ask for your patience. Real life stuff.

You can also download this update on the first page! Be sure the read out the changelog for more detailed info =)
Spoiler: Changelog
GET PSYCHED!
Darman Macray

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.1 13/07/19]

Post by Darman Macray »

PSYCHE GOTTEN!

I am looking forward to foiling the Reich's quest for the sigil!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”