[WEAPON] Divine Intervention

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ASO3000

[WEAPON] Divine Intervention

Post by ASO3000 »

montypython.jpg
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is He who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for He is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord...

...when I lay My vengeance upon thee.
Hallelujah Brothers and Sisters, cometh all to hear about the Good News.
Take our Lord Jesus in your heart and you will never fear a single man, woman, former man/woman, demon, knight of Hell, Cyberdemon or Spider Mastermind ever again.
Can I get an Amen?

Watch this free video and decide for yourself if you want to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and let him make his daddy smite your enemies:
Spoiler:
I got this idea from another thread here with nukes and ion cannons. Basically you get help from right the main man itself, as He will zap your enemies until only ash remains. Of course during a prayer, which is a highly introversive action, you can't move, so be warned!
The whole things works as a seeker missile that spawns a holy cloud with a heavenly hand that atomizes the enemy it has set its aim onto.

Class: 9
Summon: RITUS
Ammotype: None yet lol
Fire: Say a prayer and pass the ammunition too

Interested?

CLICK HERE TO ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR

Credits:
Cloud, heavenly hand, lightning: stock photos
Smoke sprites from OSJC's oldskool Doom
Everything else: ASO3000
Gorman Frebmane

Re: [WEAPON] Divine Intervention

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

from the picture i thought this was going to be a holy hand grenade doom adaptation.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

From what I see, this mod could be REALLY funny. To make it funny, IMO, you should make the cloud have two firemodes. One could have the default firemode and stay intact, the other should be a massive explosion that takes out groups of enemies. Oh, and to make it even more funny, have a voice clip say something like, "AMEN, Mother f*cker." or something like that.
ASO3000

Post by ASO3000 »

As a matter of fact, I had considered making an alt fire mode kinda like you proposed, though not with an exploding cloud and more like "raining fire and brimstone".
As for that other thing, frankly that is not my kind of humor, and I found the shitty heavenly choir already funny enough. But feel free to go ahead and add it yourself. Post it here, maybe I will find it funny after all :lol:
Murix

Post by Murix »

Yeah a secondary fire with an AOE like Twitchy said would be really quite something fun and make it slightly more viable for playing through maps with just this one gun, though that's probably not the intended vision here haha.
However yeah, I feel like "Amen, Monther f*ckers" doesn't quite match the tone, something more Monty python old testament like maybe?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

there also could a Divine Foot that smashes all enemies to mush.
ASO3000

Post by ASO3000 »

Machine-Reaper wrote:there also could a Divine Foot that smashes all enemies to mush.
Heh, that was actually my very first idea. But I didn't know how to make it properly appear without it just being some dismembered foot. It would have played "The Liberty Bell", of course.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Whoa. This... This is way Clever and Sacred! However i do hope there are more ways to please the lord and smite them unbelievers in different fashion. Like sending down the Giant Bible!
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

ASO3000 wrote:
Heh, that was actually my very first idea. But I didn't know how to make it properly appear without it just being some dismembered foot. It would have played "The Liberty Bell", of course.
you mean this Foot https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/5c8yPE ... stomp2.jpg

maybe you can put a cloud on top of the leg where it cuts off just like the hand from the cloud and then it will appear like its coming from the heavens to smash done non believers!
Spoiler:
ASO3000

Post by ASO3000 »

Yeah, could be. Do you have any idea how to convey the feeling of weight? That was my biggest problem in the beginning, because the lightning strike is just, well, electricity, it just zaps away, whereas a foot should be a three dimensional thing. I feel a sprite would feel rather phony. Is there no way to summon a crushing floor or something?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

ASO3000 wrote:Yeah, could be. Do you have any idea how to convey the feeling of weight? That was my biggest problem in the beginning, because the lightning strike is just, well, electricity, it just zaps away, whereas a foot should be a three dimensional thing. I feel a sprite would feel rather phony. Is there no way to summon a crushing floor or something?
The Sprite feeling phony will make it look even more better cause that's what is exactly used to happen in Monty Python sketches,

while as you can just make monster gib or turn into squished mush like they turn into ash from lightning strike, you won't need crushing floors.

a good example if Russian Overkill where a massive bomb drops from the sky and explodes, in Foots case there won't be any explosion, just monster turning into mush under it. :P
Spoiler:
ASO3000

Post by ASO3000 »

Machine-Reaper wrote:The Sprite feeling phony will make it look even more better cause that's what is exactly used to happen in Monty Python sketches,
I disagree here, since it was all animation, the foot felt exactly like all the other cutouts.
But self-evidently it would play The Liberty Bell and do a nice squishy sound effect.

I am currently doing some reworking on other mods, but I will certainly come back to it. :idea:
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Ok thanks

Ill use this weapon next April 18 and 19 (Holy Thursday and Good Friday) 2020.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”