ZMovement 3.2.1: Final update (unless serious bugs)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: ZMovement 2.4.1 (Ledge Grabbing adjustements and others)

Postby StroggVorbis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Quake 1 and Half-Life also let you climb up almost any slope, no matter how steep, albeit slowly. You just had to keep forward pressed and look at the slope to avoid drifting off. Quake 2 & Source fixed this.
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Discord: StroggVorbis#2466
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Ivory Duke » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:24 pm

It swingss, good boy!
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Postby Twitchy2019 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:28 pm

Just curious and whatnot, are you planning on merging this mod with a mod that is planning to place Doom Eternal assets with Doom 2? This grappling hook feature and Doom Eternal featuring something similar is just too much a coincidence not to at least ask.
Twitchy2019

Postby Ivory Duke » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:33 pm

are you planning on merging this mod with a mod that is planning to place Doom Eternal assets with Doom 2?

Actually not, I just think grappling hooks are rad, and I wanted to dust off my physics knowledge.
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Postby skdursh » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Ivory Duke wrote:It swingss, good boy!

Nice, it's starting to look pretty damn good. This whole mod has opened up a whole world of new gameplay possibilities and map designs. I look forward to the update!
skdursh

Postby Ivory Duke » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:27 pm

skdursh wrote:I look forward to the update!

Don't you worry, it will be swinging toward you in the near future (haha "swinging", get it? get it?)
Sorry for the horrible video quality
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Postby skdursh » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:31 pm

Ivory Duke wrote:
skdursh wrote:I look forward to the update!

Don't you worry, it will be swinging toward you in the near future (haha "swinging", get it? get it?)
Sorry for the horrible video quality

Is there a chance that if not in this update but at some point in a future update you'd be able to add in the option to allow you to both propel yourself toward enemies as demonstrated in the video, but also bring them towards you as well with the grappling hook? Like a separate keyboard bind to toggle between launching yourself at them or pulling them toward you.
skdursh

Postby Ivory Duke » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:53 am

skdursh wrote:Is there a chance that if not in this update but at some point in a future update you'd be able to add in the option to allow you to both propel yourself toward enemies as demonstrated in the video, but also bring them towards you as well with the grappling hook?.

Next update will be the last and I have no interest in making the grappling hook pull, even though I could.
I imagine people pulling a mastermind toward them and I am not ok with it.

But ask me again when next version is out and I might write here in the comments how to make the hook do it if it does not require me a lot of work.
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Re: ZMovement 3.0 (Grappling Hook)

Postby Ivory Duke » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:57 am

3.0, grapple everything
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Postby skdursh » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:26 am

Haven't had a chance to test the new update yet (but I'm sure it's going to be good) but I just wanted to give you a heads up that the "mod patches" link on DOOMWORLD leads to a login page and not to the dropbox with the patches. The one here works fine. I don't have a Doomworld account though so I'm telling you here.
skdursh

Postby Ivory Duke » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:53 am

Thank you I just fixed it
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Postby thedeathrunner123 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:14 pm

could I request just the crouch slide, grappling hook, and ledge grabbing as separate little addons? or am I asking a little much there? I don't know what the code would be for that so dunno how hard it would be.
thedeathrunner123
Slowly seeping into the never ending depths of despair and insanity.

Discord: Runner#1366
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby skdursh » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:27 pm

thedeathrunner123 wrote:could I request just the crouch slide, grappling hook, and ledge grabbing as separate little addons? or am I asking a little much there? I don't know what the code would be for that so dunno how hard it would be.

Not speaking for Ivory Duke, because who knows they might release them separately, but there are already other small mods like that that you can find on this very site that do exactly those things. I also don't really get why you need them separated from the whole. There is already an option in this mod to preserve vanilla Doom movement.
skdursh

Postby thedeathrunner123 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:32 pm

Because of the non-universal nature of this mod. and the other addons don't do exactly like this mods. The crouch slide for others is a separate bind, not just run and crouch. the grapple pulls enemies to you, and you to walls. Not you to enemies, and you to walls. and the ledge grab I can see, but that is always bundled with other shit I don't want.
thedeathrunner123
Slowly seeping into the never ending depths of despair and insanity.

Discord: Runner#1366
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Ivory Duke » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:27 pm

I'm gonna wait a couple of weeks to see if any bugs arise and then I will make an extra file with all the stuff that can work universally.

Quote from the post
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods