ZMovement 3.2.1: Final update (unless serious bugs)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: ZMovement 1.0.1 (small update + QC:DE patch)

Postby Ivory Duke » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:20 am

Bump for update and QCDE patch release
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Re: ZMovement 1.0 (formerly known as Dusk Movement)

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Ivory Duke wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Something that really bothered me about jumping in gzdoom is the fact it takes like 0.1 second before you actually jump once you press the jump key on your keyboard. Although playing too much Jump Maze back in time get me pretty used to it. Does this mod removes the delay before jump?

Unfortunately I think that cannot be changed.
The amount of times per second the engine updates its variables and stuff (tics) is hardcoded at 35 so I cannot change that.
More modern games have higher tic counts so the jump delay is lower and I guess Jump Maze as well.

If what I have written is wrong and I have no idea what I am talking about feel free to correct me passing by stranger.

I'm not entirely sure if the jump delay is caused by the core of engine itself and the fact the whole doom using 35 tics per second. I believe it's because the GZDoom jump try to mimic the jump from HeXen (maybe I'm wrong about this one) which seems to be similar, and the jump from HeXen had a little delay before character actually jump once you click the jump button. Maybe it's not a bug, but meant to be a little feature to give an illusion like the main character is preparing his legs to actually jump, which as result consumes a bit of time?
MaxRideWizardLord

Postby skdursh » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Very much looking forward to the next update as I have a mapset I'm working on that something like this would be perfect for. I am curious though are you basing the upcoming features on the old parkour mod and basically just going to try to smash the code in with yours and fit it to work or are you attempting to build the wallrunning/airdash/ect. features from the ground up? In either case good work so far. When this mod is done it sounds like it's basically going to be the "parkour" mod that I always wanted.
skdursh

Postby Ivory Duke » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:06 pm

Sorry for the late replies I have been out of town for 2 days for work.

MaxRideWizardLord: I realized we were partially talking about different things. 1st jump has no delay in its activation because as the code shows when engine detects the Jump button is pressed and Player is on solid ground it will instantly allow jump.
The problem rises with consecutive jumps, then yes there is a timer on when you can execute a second jump which has been removed. With this mod, and like a few others that came before it, you can instantly jump whenever you hit the ground (Quake style)>

skdursh: the vast majority of what I have coded and will code is original. I have looked at a few examples when I started out but I have not and am not going to just mash together stuff of other mods.
Especially since I already know how I want to code them, I just need to have a few days free to sit down and write them down.
There will probably be no wallrunning, implementation would need to be too hacky considering that in Doom Engine unlike Quake colliding with walls makes you slow down and that cannot be changed as of right now. Neither will there be airdashes, too OP considering the two speed modes so far allow easy acceleration, that is unless I make player drop to the ground loosing gained momentum but that is not fun.
I will only had wall jumping like in UT game series.
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Re: ZMovement 1.0.2 (improvements + UT2004 bobbing)

Postby Ivory Duke » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:12 pm

New version bump
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Postby TheRailgunner » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:25 pm

I don't suppose you'd be willing to make a patch for The Trooper, would you?
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Postby Gamerdude0072 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:03 am

could you possibly let us lower max run speed and add quake tilt?
Gamerdude0072

Postby Ivory Duke » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:52 am

TheRailgunner wrote:I don't suppose you'd be willing to make a patch for The Trooper, would you?

I am releasing a guide on how to make your own patches by Monday, I am quite busy with work these days but it will be done

GamerDude0072 wrote:could you possibly let us lower max run speed and add quake tilt?

First suggestion is possible and will be done in next version.
I have intentionally avoided adding tilting stuff cause it make me a bit motion sick and the excellent Tilt++ by Nash exists and works in conjunction with ZMovement.
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Re: ZMovement 1.0.3 (WallJumping, Wall Sliding, Double Tap D

Postby Ivory Duke » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:48 pm

1.0.3 release
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Re: ZMovement 1.0.4 (Reworked Dashing and Walljump/Sliding)

Postby Ivory Duke » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:01 am

1.0.4 Release
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:45 pm

Loving this mod, pretty much always use it when playing any of the supported mods!

Though with this recent release (1.0.4) using the QC:DE patch, I'm not able to strafe and move at the same time. Its really weird. I can move forward, back, left, and right. But if I try to move diagonally, the screen bobs but I don't move.

Though this could be one of the addons I have on not counting monster addons...(Weapon Sway, real aim, tilt++)
mamaluigisbagel
"If I ever have kids, they're going to come out circle-strafing." ~Civvie 11

Discord: Nonemployee#1013
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Ivory Duke » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:52 pm

mamaluigisbagel wrote:Loving this mod, pretty much always use it when playing any of the supported mods!

Though with this recent release (1.0.4) using the QC:DE patch, I'm not able to strafe and move at the same time. Its really weird. I can move forward, back, left, and right. But if I try to move diagonally, the screen bobs but I don't move.

Though this could be one of the addons I have on not counting monster addons...(Weapon Sway, real aim, tilt++)

Hi there glad you are enjoying the mod!
Please make sure to use the bind to reset to default values to solve the issue.
I have reworked the way the straferunning bonus variable works and my guess is that you have the slider at 0 instead of the new minimum value 1.0.
I have just checked and the QCDE patch works for me.

I am not saying this to be rude but this kind of stuff is the reason why at the top of the post I said to use the bind as soon as you start using a new version.
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:58 pm

odd, since I've only ever changed the bobbing style....I'll try that. Sorry about that

EDIT: I'm a derp. I also turned on basically everything. WTF am I even thinking?
mamaluigisbagel

Postby Ivory Duke » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:01 pm

It's not a problem at all hope it works out.
If the issue persists please let me know I will find a solution.
Ivory Duke
Not an actual duke

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:32 pm

after a little hiccup on QC:DE's part (After resetting ZMovement to default values, I started getting lootboxes every time I started the game, but restarting GZDoom fixed that) its working now. Thanks

Funny, I know I remember reading the part about resetting the values, but I guess I forgot about it lol
mamaluigisbagel

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods