Dewzan's Randomizer (RELEASE NO. 2, TIER 5 MONS)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Dewzan's Randomizer (RELEASE NO. 2, TIER 5 MONS)

Postby Dewzanity » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:04 pm

So I decided to create a randomizer mod for Doom. I've always been quite a fan of randomizer mods so I thought why not make one!

NOTE: This is currently a WIP mod, and nothing is final.

Everything in this mod compared to Vanilla Doom has more detail and better quality with heaps of added content.

SCREENSHOTS

https://imgur.com/a/hnLe1Au

MONSTERS

Each monster has a chance of spawning as 11 different tiers, which get progressively more powerful as the tier increases. Currently, every standard enemy has been worked up to tier 5.
Monsters will have resistances and weaknesses to certain weapon elements (plasma, fire, bullet, etc).

Tier 1 : Just the regular doom enemies with some extra detail and quality. Might have extra attacks as well.

Tier 2 : A similar enemy that is the same rarity and strength as the standard doom enemy.

Tier 3 : A similar enemy that is slightly more rare and strong than the standard doom enemy..

Tier 4 : An enemy that is notably more powerful and rare than the standard doom enemy. Players may have to look out for any tier 4 monsters.

Tier 5 : An enemy that is definitely more strong and rare than the standard doom enemy. Players will definitely have to be aware of tier 5 monsters. Tier 5 enemies will approach boss level at the cyberdemon and mastermind variants with cyan messages.

Tier 6 : An enemy that is even more strong and rare than the previous tiers. Tier 6 enemies will approach boss level at the cyberdemon and mastermind variants with light blue messages.

Tier 7 : An enemy that is much more rare and strong than tier 6. Tier 7 monsters act as a miniboss and should be handled with much caution. Larger monster variants as tier 7 will be alerted with blue messages.

Tier 8 : Tier 8 monsters are known as the "Easy Difficulty Boss". A green message will appear to let you know that one of these bosses have spawned.

Tier 9 : Tier 9 monsters are the "Medium Difficulty Bosses". These bosses will appear when you see a yellow message appear of the screen.

Tier 10 : Tier 10 monsters are the "Hard Difficulty Bosses". These bosses will appear with red messages.

Tier 11 : Inspired by Complex Doom LCA Clusterfuck, tier 11 monsters are vexed variants of tier 10 enemies, and are much more powerful versions. These bosses are nearly impossible in difficulty unless you have some overpowered weapons. These bosses will appear with white messages.

WEAPONS

Unlike the monsters, the weapons do not have an organized tier system. The classic doom weapons will exist as well as heaps of new weapons that will be more powerful, and use different ammo types dropped by enemies.

6 new weapons have been added since Release 1.

POWERUPS

There is currently no variation of powerups, but it could be a possibility for the future.

My thoughts are
--- Resistance Powerups
--- Strength Powerups
--- Combinational Powerups
--- Other Misc Powerups

Download Link : DR Release 2 (CURRENT)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7tlc7utlc ... 2.pk3/file

Download Link : DR Release 1

http://www.mediafire.com/file/532nvgtzd ... r.pk3/file

Feel free to put your thoughts and feedback on this mod down below, whether it be about how awesome or hideous this mod is, or suggestions for how I could make improvement. Since this mod is notably more difficult than vanilla doom, I would recommend playing this mod with Custom Doom, or any other mod that can be used make the game easier/harder.
Last edited by Dewzanity on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
Dewzanity
#1 CHEX QUEST SPEEDRUNNER

Re: Randomizer of Doom

Postby wildweasel » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:22 pm

Does this project exist? We recommend that you have screenshots, a video, or a download link before you post your project thread. More information about that in the Guidelines.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Re: Dewzan's Randomizer

Postby Zachus-Claudicus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:22 pm

This is actually pretty good
It doesnt have much when it comes to weapons but oh damn i have never had so much fun plowing down monsters with an auto shotty
Zachus-Claudicus
The fitnessgram pacer test is a multistage arobic capacity test that progressi

Postby Dewzanity » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:36 pm

Zachus-Claudicus wrote:This is actually pretty good

Thanks for your support!

Zachus-Claudicus wrote:It doesnt have much when it comes to weapons

The weapons I currently have made are only a fraction of what the final result is planned to be in quantity of the weapons.

Zachus-Claudicus wrote: I have never had so much fun plowing down monsters with an auto shotty

Personally, the auto shotgun is a bit awkward for me to use, probably because of how quick it fires when you press fire.
Dewzanity

Postby Bites! » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:40 pm

What GZDOOM version need this mod to play?
Bites!

Discord: Bites!#2717

Postby Dewzanity » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Bites! wrote:What GZDOOM version need this mod to play?

I tested this mod only with GZDOOM 3.5.0, so it should work with 3.5.0. I am not sure if the mod loads with the latest release of GZDOOM.

Which GZDOOM version did you try using, if you did try already?
Dewzanity

Re: Dewzan's Randomizer (RELEASE NO. 2, TIER 5 MONS)

Postby Dewzanity » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:05 am

Current Download Link for Dewzan's Randomizer

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7tlc7utlc ... 2.pk3/file
Dewzanity

Postby skdursh » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:38 pm

Dewzanity wrote:So I decided to create a randomizer mod for Doom.

Please add screenshots and/or a video of the mod in action to your parent post. Forum rules can be found here ---> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13893
skdursh

Postby SergeantDiggs » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:13 pm

I would like the enemies to drop weapons more often, or possibly all the time. Getting my ass kicked because I'm stuck on the pistol is annoying, or facing a Mancubus variant with no heavy weapons and not enough ammo to kill it. Also, I can provide some screenshots for ya. And I saw the bit about Ultimate Custom Doom, but I don't think that someone should be required to use another mod because this one is too difficult.
SergeantDiggs

Discord: #3961

Postby Dewzanity » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:55 am

I never really had much of a problem with weapon drops while testing. There's a struggle with getting a shotgunner or chaingunner to spawn 1st tier to get their weapon, but that's about it. I could also probably add menu options to control how much damage you take, and the percentage of monsters that spawn to make it easier.

As for the screenshots, I honestly have no idea how to add them.
Dewzanity

Postby Redead-ITA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:32 am

Dewzanity wrote:I never really had much of a problem with weapon drops while testing. There's a struggle with getting a shotgunner or chaingunner to spawn 1st tier to get their weapon, but that's about it. I could also probably add menu options to control how much damage you take, and the percentage of monsters that spawn to make it easier.

As for the screenshots, I honestly have no idea how to add them.

You can bind a button to do screenshots in gzdoom,
once binded you will find the images in the gzdoom folder in which you were using
Redead-ITA
From Happy to Madman in unknow Hours

Postby Dewzanity » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:05 am

once binded you will find the images in the gzdoom folder in which you were using

Then how do I post screenshots on forum?
Dewzanity

Postby NeonLights95 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:52 am

Dewzanity wrote:

Then how do I post screenshots on forum?

Try putting them on imgur.
NeonLights95
CrossJD95

Discord: CrossJD95#3652
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit

Postby Dewzanity » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:06 am

Try putting them on imgur.

Screenshots are posted

https://imgur.com/a/hnLe1Au
Dewzanity

Return to Gameplay Mods