Stylish Hell: Monster Randomizer inspired by LTG

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Stylish Hell: Monster Randomizer inspired by LTG

Postby primavoltage » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:21 pm

i have seem to encounter an error during the launch using in ZDoom Source Port;

Script error, "stylish_hell.zip:snakes.txt" line 27:
Invalid parameter 'a_spawnprojectile'

it also applies to Zandronum Source Port as well
primavoltage

Postby APsychicMonkey » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:10 am

Stylish Hell was only ever designed to work with the latest version of GZDoom.
I never tested it with ZDoom or Zandronum, so I am sadly unsurprised it does not work.
I would recommend playing it with GZDoom, but if that's not an option I can try to find a solution.

For anyone else returning to this thread
The Hexen compatibility is almost done! The sprites are finished and I just need to do some scripting to make it work with the Doom Bestiary the way I want. I'll be busy this week, but I should have some time to get it done soon.
APsychicMonkey

Discord: #8617

Postby bendix-hyde » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Finally got around to trying out the newest version. I love this mod!
I haven't played Heretic with it yet, but I did go through a couple levels in Chex.
The goo girls are cute, but the flying saucer looking enemies were the default and didn't have a replacment as I was playing it with High Noon Drifter.
Maybe I loaded it wrong? I have it loading after HND using ZDL.

That aside, I'm gonna try Heretic next to see the new enemies.
bendix-hyde

Postby primavoltage » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:44 pm

APsychicMonkey wrote:Stylish Hell was only ever designed to work with the latest version of GZDoom.
I never tested it with ZDoom or Zandronum, so I am sadly unsurprised it does not work.
I would recommend playing it with GZDoom, but if that's not an option I can try to find a solution.

For anyone else returning to this thread
The Hexen compatibility is almost done! The sprites are finished and I just need to do some scripting to make it work with the Doom Bestiary the way I want. I'll be busy this week, but I should have some time to get it done soon.

Is that so?, well if u say your trying to find a solution well its fine, just take your time :D . And btw, i love the mod ,keep it up. I already combine most of weapons gameplay mods like Final Doomer Plus but i had encounter a problem at Russian Overkill and Guncaster, it seems some of the weapons was been replaced into one of the monsters of this mod like the RO's Matryoshka weapon replaced into a Baroness sprite and the GC's Sandman into a Cyberdemoness sprite, i don't know if that happen to others but that's why i found. I used LZDoom and GZDoom to these weapons mod since it doesn't work for ZDoom or Zandro anyways.
primavoltage

Postby APsychicMonkey » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback and reporting the bugs, I changed the sprite names so they won't conflict anymore (and hopefully don't conflict somewhere else I haven't seen). I have a few more Hexen sprites to do (Ice Guys and Reavers) before I upload the new version.
What exactly is GC's Sandman? I couldn't find it when I tested it with Stylish Hell or looked at the file in SLADE. I've never used it with Stylish Hell since the money doesn't work, does the universal adapter mod fix that?
Also, I love Final Doomer+ soooooooo much. It's great with Colorful Hell, Stylish Hell and vanilla enemies.
APsychicMonkey

Discord: #8617

Postby bendix-hyde » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Just got through the Icon(ess?) of Sin and wow.
That was really something.
Kind of glad that I didn't use Hideous for this (besides the fact that Doom 2 is pretty much impossible with HD aside from a few maps) and pretty glad I went through it all with Ralsei and Susie because some parts leading up to the end was absolutely brutal. Those Caco girls with the AOE are an absolute nightmare when there's more than one and in a tight space.
It was funny getting the final boss to infight a little with the little fish even though it only lasted a minute or two.

Absolutely looking forward for what's next!
bendix-hyde

Postby primavoltage » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 am

APsychicMonkey wrote:Thanks for the feedback and reporting the bugs, I changed the sprite names so they won't conflict anymore (and hopefully don't conflict somewhere else I haven't seen). I have a few more Hexen sprites to do (Ice Guys and Reavers) before I upload the new version.
What exactly is GC's Sandman? I couldn't find it when I tested it with Stylish Hell or looked at the file in SLADE. I've never used it with Stylish Hell since the money doesn't work, does the universal adapter mod fix that?
Also, I love Final Doomer+ soooooooo much. It's great with Colorful Hell, Stylish Hell and vanilla enemies.

Sorry, it was the Guncaster's Matriarch weapon and Russian Overkill's Matryoshka, these weapons replaced into your SH Heretic Minotaur but i really don't know if the problem was these gameplay mods or yours but it's fine...
I really hope if Final Doomer Plus has the Eviternity map-themed weaponsets.... :wub:
primavoltage

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods