Stylish Hell: Monster Randomizer inspired by LTG

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Milestone

Re: Stylish Hell: Monster Randomizer inspired by LTG

Post by Milestone »

So far, I am really liking this as a monster replacer/randomized for use with La Tailor Girl. I usually use Colorful hell as my go-to as my "tougher enemies plus item drops" mod to go with LTG, but I'm liking this for the challenge it gives with ultra-violence difficulty. It's a happy medium of "not every enemy is a loot piñata" and "not every enemy has the chance of spawning as John Romero in a Metal Gear". Hope to see more out of this, it's real good stuff.

(EDIT from 2 weeks in the future): This is also really good with High Noon Drifter. Beefier enemies drop just enough stuff to keep you cruising thru ultra-violence, but still can bushwhack you good if you give them the chance. Cowboys vs Anime is a strong combo. :)
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

Hey it's me again. I forgot to add a bug from the last comment that I just noticed now when I fought the Heresiarch for the first time in Doom. Basically, there's no sound effects for her or the Hexen/Heretic wizard's attacks or death. I guess they only play in Hexen or Heretic since they don't exist in Doom. Also the same can be said for the Rifle Girl's grenade explosions too. Really loving the progress of this mod so far, and I hope you do well in the future!
saladofstones

Post by saladofstones »

Is work still active on this mod?
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

It would be great know more about the state of the mod, I really liked playing this with LA Tailor Girl because the style match and the difficult balance. I think this mod suits perfect because the pickups posibilities.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

A shame this mod's abandoned. :(
NoodleCupDetective
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NoodleCupDetective »

Heya! Hope you'll return to this mod someday. I'd love to see how you'll improve it!
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

APsychicMonkey, hello! You have a great demonic bestiary with "kawaii" Demon girls! However, there have been no updates since 2020.

Question: "Have you abandoned the development of the mod? It's been 2 years already! Is there any progress?"
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Void Warrior wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:37 am APsychicMonkey, hello! You have a great demonic bestiary with "kawaii" Demon girls! However, there have been no updates since 2020.

Question: "Have you abandoned the development of the mod? It's been 2 years already! Is there any progress?"
Sadly the author disappeared completely short after the first updates of the mods and we never knew what happened with him or with the project. Which is a shame because this mod outside of cute demon waifus, is actually well balanced on his bestiary and for RNG based mods.
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:51 am
Void Warrior wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:37 am APsychicMonkey, hello! You have a great demonic bestiary with "kawaii" Demon girls! However, there have been no updates since 2020.

Sadly the author disappeared completely short after the first updates of the mods and we never knew what happened with him or with the project. Which is a shame because this mod outside of cute demon waifus, is actually well balanced on his bestiary and for RNG based mods.
Extremely insulting! Such a great mod, and as the 2020 has come, you won't know what happened to their creators. Thank you Someonewhoplaysdoom for answering my question!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”