[UPDATE] Ratchet & Clank: Hot and Bothered v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
That Blind Guy

[UPDATE] Ratchet & Clank: Hot and Bothered v1.1

Post by That Blind Guy »

Disclaimer: This is not Ratchet DOOM, nor is it an official successor to Ratchet DOOM, however it is heavily inspired by that mod and would not be possible in its current state without it. As such, I would like to thank MonkeyBTM6 for their work before getting underway. Thank you!

So, just what is this mod? This is a gameplay mod that introduces weapons and mechanics from the Ratchet & Clank series into DOOM. Here's a video showcasing the mod in action. More specific details below!

This mod features
Spoiler:
With this update, no further additions will be made to gameplay. I will move on to creating maps for the Annihilation Nation episode! I will, however, take requests for compatibility patches (though these are not guaranteed), fix any bugs I can (of course), and make adjustments to overall presentation whenever possible.

Download the mod here!
https://www.moddb.com/mods/ratchet-clan ... othered-11
Last edited by That Blind Guy on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bobby

Re: [RELEASE] Ratchet & Clank: Hot and Bothered v1.0

Post by Bobby »

Great mod! I loved testing out the weapons!
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Pretty amazing mod! However I'm running into issues: the Blitz Gun and Flux Rifle crash the game whenever I fire them. The Blitz Gun works sometimes, but when I hear a railgun sound, that's when it crashes.
That Blind Guy

Post by That Blind Guy »

Ribo Zurai wrote:the Blitz Gun and Flux Rifle crash the game whenever I fire them. The Blitz Gun works sometimes, but when I hear a railgun sound, that's when it crashes.
Sounds like you're running a build of GZDoom 3.7.x. That's an engine issue. We ran into that and found no solution. I suggest updating to 4.0, as the issue is fixed in that version. You could also roll back to 3.6.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Huh, so that's it. Fixed by updating to the newest version. Thank you!
r&r

Post by r&r »

Very Nice.
Kinda reminds me, long ago I was trying to edit a Doom guy sprite sheet into Ratchet.
being abit shorter as well and using this sprite head
https://www.spriters-resource.com/mobil ... eet/40086/
http://spritedatabase.net/files/mobile/ ... dClank.png
to replace the doom guy's head
That Blind Guy

Post by That Blind Guy »

r&r wrote:Very Nice.
Kinda reminds me, long ago I was trying to edit a Doom guy sprite sheet into Ratchet.
That's something I wish I had for the mod. Monkeybtm6 had some fantastic-looking Ratchet sprites for Ratchet DOOM, but it looks like they didn't get around to pain/death frames.
r&r

Post by r&r »

That Blind Guy wrote:
r&r wrote:Very Nice.
That's something I wish I had for the mod. Monkeybtm6 had some fantastic-looking Ratchet sprites for Ratchet DOOM, but it looks like they didn't get around to pain/death frames.
I can try to edit one for yeah or at least give you what i have, but it's very incomplete tho.

I realize just for giggles being lazy, just take the doomguy sprite edit him to be shorter a lombax "chibi" style so he looks like he got a slightly bigger head.
just add in lombax ears and tail on the doom sprite and color his skin yellow orange LOL

oh I wonder, does the Interstellar Enforcer mod work for ratchet and clank mod?
as it seems they can go together very well.
trying to find scifi theme maps for this mod
That Blind Guy

Post by That Blind Guy »

r&r wrote:oh I wonder, does the Interstellar Enforcer mod work for ratchet and clank mod?
I'm not sure. However, provided Interstellar Enforcer doesn't replace any actors itself and doesn't have scripts numbered 1-16, it should work just fine. Let me know if you run into any problems, as compatibility patches are absolutely on the table for next release.
r&r

Post by r&r »

That Blind Guy wrote:
r&r wrote:oh I wonder, does the Interstellar Enforcer mod work for ratchet and clank mod?
I'm not sure. However, provided Interstellar Enforcer doesn't replace any actors itself and doesn't have scripts numbered 1-16, it should work just fine. Let me know if you run into any problems, as compatibility patches are absolutely on the table for next release.
It seems to work fine, but you have to load the files like this, Ratchet mod first then the Enforcer mod afterwards.
as you need the Interstellar Enforcer hub menu and key items.
and that means it mostly replace the Ratchet's mods fonts items sprites, besides the weapons (so far).
the mod is big too, it might take time see if there is any bugs when these mods clashed together well or bad.

Oh i'm trying to edit Doomguy now into a Lombax. might look funny tho.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Found an issue with the weapon wheel. If you set the weapon wheel to hold instead of toggle but you use the cursor option for selection, you won't be able to move the selection anywhere but up and down since the button for triggering the menu is strafe and strafe prevents that mouse movement.
That Blind Guy

Post by That Blind Guy »

Someone64 wrote:Found an issue with the weapon wheel. If you set the weapon wheel to hold instead of toggle but you use the cursor option for selection, you won't be able to move the selection anywhere but up and down since the button for triggering the menu is strafe and strafe prevents that mouse movement.
Thanks! I'll take a look at it. I'll look at what other key combos could be used and come back with a fix.

EDIT: user1+user1, TBG. The answer's right in your face and you didn't see it.

I r so smrt.
That Blind Guy

Post by That Blind Guy »

I am an idiot...

I updated the link to the mod weeks ago but never put the new URL in this post or the video description. That has been rectified.

To save you a few second, here it is again.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/ratchet-clan ... d-bothered

Apologies for the screw-up.
That Blind Guy

Re: [UPDATE] Ratchet & Clank: Hot and Bothered v1.1

Post by That Blind Guy »

See edited initial post for update info, including a new download link to version 1.1.

Also, if simply editing an initial post like this isn't the suggested/kosher way to go about presenting updates, I apologize.
McGiggaChicken

Ratchet & Clank: Hot and Bothered v1.1

Post by McGiggaChicken »

I just stumbled across this mod tonight and, so far, I'm astounded that it isn't more well-known! When I saw it, I got positively giddy at the thought of two of my favorite series of games coming together, but I was worried about how well it could be executed. Well, you pulled it off! I'm loving how accurate most of the weapons feel to the original R&C games, and the movement seems on point too.

I'm not trying to just blow smoke at you, but I did want to show my appreciation for your work--it's made me so happy. =)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”