[UPDATE] Ratchet & Clank: Hot and Bothered v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
monkeybtm6

Re: [UPDATE] Ratchet & Clank: Hot and Bothered v1.1

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Interesting.

its a shame i lost my weird hacky setup to extract assets from the game and turn them into sprites cause id offer to do a few more. it comprised of PCSX2 and several codebreaker codes to get them in 16:9 aspect ratio, finding a solid color spot ingame, taking a screenshot, then croma key out the background, then some scaling tricks in photoshop.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

I suppose I should try to make this sound less negative, but I'll be honest: I don't really care for gore mods in my DooM. Otherwise, I'd have likely downloaded this mod already.

Is there a way to carefully remove the Bolognese gore mod and have only the weapons and abilities? Or is that just not possible?
haxray

Post by haxray »

I know you said you don't plan further gameplay changes to the mod, but it really does not feel the best to play currently. The weapon balance is hilariously off, particularly the Arbiter Rocket Launcher. I got nothing against a mod wanting to be power fantasy and not caring about balance, but in this case the Arbiter renders any desire to actually try out other weapons null and void considering it starts firing four rockets at once slaughtering everything including your 'monster replacements', and then transforms into something that wouldn't look out of place in Russian Overkill. It might be deserving of some kind of nerf just so it doesn't kill any desire to try out additional weapons.

Additionally, your 'monster additions' feel random and horribly out of place. I get the sense that they're just random monsters you've pulled from Realm667. Some of them don't even work correctly with the included gore mod.This results in gameplay on difficulties featuring them looking like a visual mess as a million clashing things open fire with a million projectiles as a million things start exploding, and its not the fun kind of chaotic. Framerate tends to take a hit whenever a bunch of enemies get killed at once as well, which is frustrating.

Also, I know you already stated you're working on the sprites, but the three weapons that currently lack first person sprites are distracting, and so is the random switch from sprite versions of actual guns/models from the Ratchet and Clank games to Shadow Warrior weapon sprites. Plus, the Ratchet and Clank sprites genuinely look blurry and awful, and could use a massive revamp. Worst one by far is the Bomb Glove which could use a way better design for the FPS view, ontop of its current sprite looking blurry.

Finally, though I guess this falls under opinion more than anything else, the weapons feel very mixed in terms of actual fun to use. There is a lot more fun to firing the homing bombs than the other 2 types of flying bomb launchers, and some weapons have way better sounding sounds than others(Arbiter versus Bomb glove, for instance).
r&r

Post by r&r »

hope this mod gets a compatible patch for strife

Return to “Gameplay Mods”