SDC version 5 End of the line for vannila

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
orosa

SDC version 5 End of the line for vannila

Post by orosa »

Doom 2 Level 30 has an entity knows as Boss eye, that is consistently spawning enemies, but what if you could do it on every level and it didn't just spawn enemies what if it also generates Weapons health armour and so on? Well, wonder no more thanks to this Survival Doom code. (or sdc for short) That will force a new actor the SDCeye on top of you and will spawn things as you play through the level, while you try to beat it. And if you're unlucky, it will generate a new eye.

If you play co-op, then the match will start with more eyes. So two players two eyes 400 players.... 400 eyes :D

A new difficulty option called not mare where monsters have the only one respawn before being dead permanently! I hope you all enjoy this simple new mode I have made.

Special thanks to
Skelegant for helping me get the eye to spawn on top of the player
itsmeveronica for getting me in contact with skelegant

Version 1 was more proof of concept not going to release it. So have version 5 instead :)

Download link for version 5

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7tzxxfzyj ... 5.rar/file

Changes notes
-There are now two files. SDC5.pk3 and SDCaddon.pk3 basically if you want vanilla assets only just play SDC5.pk3 and if you want 667 items, to add the SDCaddon.pk3 :)
- There are now two commander keens, one bleeds red and will spawn a helping eye, one bleeds blue, and spawns a monster eye. Remember a true keen bleeds red blood.
- The radisuit and infrared will now go to your inventory no longer will you have to hold out for 20 mins for them to spawn... well you might still have to. but hey you can now carry them from level to level!
- Barron of hell spawn chances has been nerfed.
- Cyber demons and MasterMind/Bossbrain (john Romero head) can no longer spawn from the starting eye. only newer eyes.
- Keys spawns have been nerfed so they won't spawn nearly as much.

And now for the addon additions (All of these are from the 677 websites)
- The serious sam kamikaze will now spawn, and he will charge you and explode
- There is now a Timefreeze Picking this up will freeze the map/music for 30 seconds. So get to killing those demons, or looting the area!
- There is now a Beacon which you can throw down, and it will start bringing in marines to help defend the area.

Spoiler:

and video to show it off :)
Last edited by orosa on Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: SDC

Post by Skelegant »

Simple but effective, great job! :)
Solid-Head

Post by Solid-Head »

I like this very much. I was shocked when I saw a blue key spawn from the eye. This led to fun sequence break.

The only thing I didn't like is the constant spawning sound from the eye. It get jarring after a few levels.
orosa

Post by orosa »

Solid-Head wrote:I like this very much. I was shocked when I saw a blue key spawn from the eye. This led to fun sequence break.

The only thing I didn't like is the constant spawning sound from the eye. It get jarring after a few levels.
yeah, I think a lot of people reacted similarly to the keys spawns, as that was sort of my intent

as for the constant spawning sounds i not much of a modder, and I couldn't find a way to mute it, plus take this part however you want, but I find it somewhat handy if I stay on a level long enough as more eyes can spawn, though I can find a less annoying sound and find out how to mod it in, or have a options menu I may come back to this and do a bit more work on it.
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Looks promising. I'll have to give this mod a chance.
orosa

Post by orosa »

Solid-Head wrote:I like this very much. I was shocked when I saw a blue key spawn from the eye. This led to fun sequence break.

hey just wanna give you a small update I was able to find out how to fix that. in version 3.0 I hope this makes it a more enjoyable experience :)
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i like this. it seems to make things more interesting
Morgul
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Morgul »

The idea is great and it works quite well, but you should really shut the cube sound effect, it's annoying and it gives you an headache after 15 minutes of hearing it constantly
Otherwise i like this
orosa

Post by orosa »

Buckethell II wrote:The idea is great and it works quite well, but you should really shut the cube sound effect, it's annoying and it gives you an headache after 15 minutes of hearing it constantly
Otherwise i like this
which cube sound effect are you talking about? if you don't mind me asking, cause I thought I made it so you had to be close by to the cube to be able to hear it. (i am talking about the spawning and dropping off the item.)
[side note you might be playing version 2 instead of version 3, where I made that change. in which case I should try and make that clearer.]
Morgul
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Morgul »

Oh my bad then, I didn't tried the mod, I just saw the video and liked it
Glad to know you removed that annoying sound, now I'm downloading it
Solid-Head

Post by Solid-Head »

orosa wrote: hey just wanna give you a small update I was able to find out how to fix that. in version 3.0 I hope this makes it a more enjoyable experience :)
Thanks for this Orosa. You can still hear the sound when you're close to the starting position though. Not a big deal, nice work !
orosa

Post by orosa »

Solid-Head wrote:
orosa wrote: hey just wanna give you a small update I was able to find out how to fix that. in version 3.0 I hope this makes it a more enjoyable experience :)
Thanks for this Orosa. You can still hear the sound when you're close to the starting position though. Not a big deal, nice work !
Yea, that was intentional as the eye can spawn other eyes and I want players to locate the other spots, but the issues is that they are invisible, so I just try my best to keep it quiet. Anyway, I just glad people like this new update it seems.
orosa

Re: SDC version 4 Bosses & Brains and fixes

Post by orosa »

Version 4.0 is now out
adds in bosses, brains and some really needed fixes, so enjoy everyone!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”