Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Turin Turambar
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Lt. Typhon v2: massive guns

Post by Turin Turambar »

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Super Congratulations, Skelegant! Icarus himself played the mod and made review of it!
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

Tesculpture wrote:All in all, this mod is going awesome - the Cigar being my favourite new addition; it has great synergy with the Golden Armour. It wouldn't happen to inspired by the Cigarettes item in Metal Gear Solid 1, per chance?
No, I just wanted to add the stereotypical cigar of badassery, then figured i may as well make it useful :D I did take inspiration from Trailblazer for the cigar butt projectile tho
Turin Turambar wrote:What's this "3"?
https://i.imgur.com/jtGKP18.png
That's a grappling hook, if you see anything like that in the mod and you don't know what it does, just go ahead and use it :D nothing ventured, nothing gained lol
Captain J wrote:Super Congratulations, Skelegant! Icarus himself played the mod and made review of it!
Thanks J, I saw that when it came out and was pleased that even though he missed about half the mod's content he was still impressed :)

Just made a quick update btw, the crosshair should now be an accurate indication of where your shots end up, and the titlescreen should be widescreen friendly :)
Molt3n

Post by Molt3n »

Hey there, first of all. Amazing mod. Got drawn to this place by 1carus.

Onto the problem. So i'm having some trouble playing it as intended, i think the issue is easily fixed but uh... I'm kinda new to this so forgive me if i'm being dumb. Simply, it's a graphical glitch. Firing the machine gun and the Rocket launcher makes them switch between vanilla assets and mod asset. Audio played when firing said weapons still sseems to be correct. Any ideas what might cause this?

Also, while i'm already being dumb i'll toss in another one. I see that you are using a custom hud. How do i switch to it or things like it in other mods? Thank you for your patience.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Molt3n wrote:Hey there, first of all. Amazing mod. Got drawn to this place by 1carus.
Onto the problem. So i'm having some trouble playing it as intended, i think the issue is easily fixed but uh... I'm kinda new to this so forgive me if i'm being dumb. Simply, it's a graphical glitch. Firing the machine gun and the Rocket launcher makes them switch between vanilla assets and mod asset. Audio played when firing said weapons still sseems to be correct. Any ideas what might cause this?
Also, while i'm already being dumb i'll toss in another one. I see that you are using a custom hud. How do i switch to it or things like it in other mods? Thank you for your patience.
You need to load Typhon after any other mods. To switch huds just hit - or =, I assume you're in fullscreen mode at the moment so hit - :)
Since you're new here, if you don't mind I'll give you a few extra pointers :D Make sure to bind altfire and reload (the Outsider revolver uses reload and most weapons have an altfire), press enter to use the grappling hooks, cigar or MRE (they're the little yellow icons). For sharper graphics go to options/display/opengl options and mess around with the filters there, i have most of them turned off cuz i like crispy pixels :D
QuickWolfPT

Post by QuickWolfPT »

You know what i think Typhon needs? A pet. I know it's dumb but I think it would help sell the idea of under all that muscle being a heart of gold that wants to protect what's important to her (similar to doomguy with Daisy). Either way i'm loving playing this mod and hope to see more, thanks and have a good day :D
Midnight_King

Post by Midnight_King »

Lt. Typhon has a pet. Well, more like an army of baby cacos, but same difference.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

QuickWolfPT wrote:You know what i think Typhon needs? A pet. I know it's dumb but I think it would help sell the idea of under all that muscle being a heart of gold that wants to protect what's important to her (similar to doomguy with Daisy). Either way i'm loving playing this mod and hope to see more, thanks and have a good day :D
Midnight king hit the nail on the head :D That's exactly why I added the baby caco, not only is it a fun and helpful companion but it helps show that Typhon isn't a heartless killing machine, she's a protective and caring killing machine just like Doomguy. I was considering adding a pet pinky as well but i'll hold off on that idea til i find a useful way to implement it without making the game too easy. Helpers can detract from the challenge of maps but it's just so cosy and fun cruising around a doom map with friendly monsters helping you out :D
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

I have never been much of a fan of the captured marines in any mod and turn them off. In here they get stuck a lot and just run wild. I find tons of them all over some times even multiple in the same room. I just avoid them but it's sad when they show up in a secret area that could have been a useful item. An option to turn them off or swap for something else would be nice.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Rex705 wrote:I have never been much of a fan of the captured marines in any mod and turn them off. In here they get stuck a lot and just run wild. I find tons of them all over some times even multiple in the same room. I just avoid them but it's sad when they show up in a secret area that could have been a useful item. An option to turn them off or swap for something else would be nice.
I could add a cvar to have either marines or bonus stuff spawn, I did reduce the amount of marines but there's still a lot, and they do get stuck a lot lol
I also feel like they detract a little from the feeling of lone badassery so making them rarer and adding the cvar should fix that :) Thanks for the critique!
Molt3n

Post by Molt3n »

Skelegant wrote:You need to load Typhon after any other mods. To switch huds just hit - or =, I assume you're in fullscreen mode at the moment so hit - :)
Since you're new here, if you don't mind I'll give you a few extra pointers :D Make sure to bind altfire and reload (the Outsider revolver uses reload and most weapons have an altfire), press enter to use the grappling hooks, cigar or MRE (they're the little yellow icons). For sharper graphics go to options/display/opengl options and mess around with the filters there, i have most of them turned off cuz i like crispy pixels :D
Aah, i wondered why you'd use ZDL. Didn't occur to me at all that load order was a thing in doom modding so i had to fiddle around with ZDL a bit to fully understand it but now everything works as it should. So thank you very much for the help and pointers, it's always appreciated! :D

Time for me to go wreck some absolute face.
QuickWolfPT

Post by QuickWolfPT »

Skelegant wrote:
QuickWolfPT wrote:You know what i think Typhon needs? A pet. I know it's dumb but I think it would help sell the idea of under all that muscle being a heart of gold that wants to protect what's important to her (similar to doomguy with Daisy). Either way i'm loving playing this mod and hope to see more, thanks and have a good day :D
Midnight king hit the nail on the head :D That's exactly why I added the baby caco, not only is it a fun and helpful companion but it helps show that Typhon isn't a heartless killing machine, she's a protective and caring killing machine just like Doomguy. I was considering adding a pet pinky as well but i'll hold off on that idea til i find a useful way to implement it without making the game too easy. Helpers can detract from the challenge of maps but it's just so cosy and fun cruising around a doom map with friendly monsters helping you out :D
Oh my bad i haven't encountered them yet sorry :P
Skelegant

Re: Lt. Typhon v3: massive guns

Post by Skelegant »

V3 is out! The link is on the first page.
New stuff this update:
-Zoom kicks with any weapon. Zoom on its own just kicks, zoom + jump does a drop kick, zoom + crouch does a megaman slide :D
-Munchy the baby caco can now be grabbed and carried with you (punch grabs) and then chucked into battle when you need an airborne turret
-Helper marines only spawn as random powerup replacements, dead marines will rarely spawn a caco egg but never a helper marine
-Sirius beam and bioshock punch have been moved to one weapon (on slot 1) to make scrolling through the weapons less tedious. You can upgrade it with pickups randomly replacing berserk and the plutonium handler.
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Pure badassary. And it's funny that she can throw the stump while Chuck Rock theme song is being played! Go, Primal Rage!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I was wondering, is this compatible with the Guts Sword mod you made Skelegant?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”