Lt. Typhon v4: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Skelegant » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:21 pm

Gorec wrote:if u pick up another berserk while already having one it will not give u more time to punch demons in their faces,but before that happened i still had colormap on me and no fast punches (thats how i noticed there was no no time reset after testing)

Why are you picking up more than one berserk at a time? That's like grabbing a medikit when you have 90% health :D I think there's a way to fix that tho so I'll look into it
User avatar
Skelegant
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2014
Location: All over the walls and floor of E2M8

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Gideon020 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:25 am

So we got the Nun for Doom, Typhon for Plutonia, dare we hope that some brutal protagonist is waiting in the wings for TNT to complete the trifecta of feminine power? :D

EDIT: Also, any hints on how to get more ammo for the Hand?
Gideon020
Fanboy
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2015

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Gorec » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:42 am

Skelegant wrote:
Gorec wrote:if u pick up another berserk while already having one it will not give u more time to punch demons in their faces,but before that happened i still had colormap on me and no fast punches (thats how i noticed there was no no time reset after testing)

Why are you picking up more than one berserk at a time? That's like grabbing a medikit when you have 90% health :D I think there's a way to fix that tho so I'll look into it

Cuz fast punches almost ran out and I was low health :cry:
User avatar
Gorec
 
Joined: 09 Feb 2016
Location: )()()()()()()()()()()()(

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Skelegant » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:01 am

Fair enough :D I just fixed it so now you can grab as many berserk packs as you like

Gideon020 wrote:So we got the Nun for Doom, Typhon for Plutonia, dare we hope that some brutal protagonist is waiting in the wings for TNT to complete the trifecta of feminine power? :D
EDIT: Also, any hints on how to get more ammo for the Hand?

I do have a cyborg doomguy skin I should finish sometime, but you can bet I'll be doing more badass doom girls too :D The Hand can only be recharged by picking up another one, the idea is to save it for when you really need it. I might end up giving it more ammo or making it more powerful, i'm still gathering feedback and tweaking stuff :)
User avatar
Skelegant
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2014
Location: All over the walls and floor of E2M8

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Gideon020 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:26 am

Skelegant wrote:Fair enough :D I just fixed it so now you can grab as many berserk packs as you like

Gideon020 wrote:So we got the Nun for Doom, Typhon for Plutonia, dare we hope that some brutal protagonist is waiting in the wings for TNT to complete the trifecta of feminine power? :D
EDIT: Also, any hints on how to get more ammo for the Hand?

I do have a cyborg doomguy skin I should finish sometime, but you can bet I'll be doing more badass doom girls too :D The Hand can only be recharged by picking up another one, the idea is to save it for when you really need it. I might end up giving it more ammo or making it more powerful, i'm still gathering feedback and tweaking stuff :)


Ah, I thought it just had a rare ammo type that spawns in place of big cells, since I got it instead of the FOG or old BFG before my first death exit in 50 Monsters. A rare Big Cell ammo spawn probably would help but that's just me.
Gideon020
Fanboy
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2015

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby SiFi270 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Skelegant wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:So we got the Nun for Doom, Typhon for Plutonia, dare we hope that some brutal protagonist is waiting in the wings for TNT to complete the trifecta of feminine power? :D

I do have a cyborg doomguy skin I should finish sometime, but you can bet I'll be doing more badass doom girls too :D


Now that you mention it, isn't there already a trifecta, since you also made Speed Demon? That already seems like a good fit for TNT.
User avatar
SiFi270
 
Joined: 10 Feb 2015
Location: Does anyone put a serious answer here?

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Gorec » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:11 pm

lol now the music is not playing when u pick up another berserk(after the first one ended)
wait it works now after a delay between pick ups(was punching at the start took berserk almos at the end)
User avatar
Gorec
 
Joined: 09 Feb 2016
Location: )()()()()()()()()()()()(

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Skelegant » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:34 pm

Gideon020 wrote:Ah, I thought it just had a rare ammo type that spawns in place of big cells, since I got it instead of the FOG or old BFG before my first death exit in 50 Monsters. A rare Big Cell ammo spawn probably would help but that's just me.

I'll probably add a way to recharge that type of ammo as I want to make another weapon that uses it, randomly replacing big ammo spawns might work :)

SiFi270 wrote:Now that you mention it, isn't there already a trifecta, since you also made Speed Demon? That already seems like a good fit for TNT.

She was more of a gameplay experiment but does work well with TNT. i ain't limiting myself to a trifecta though, i'll stop making them when i run out of fun ideas :D

Gorec wrote:lol now the music is not playing when u pick up another berserk(after the first one ended)
wait it works now after a delay between pick ups(was punching at the start took berserk almos at the end)

Just got Jack to look at the code and he figured out the issues, so it now functions like an actual powerup instead of a broken mess :D
User avatar
Skelegant
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2014
Location: All over the walls and floor of E2M8

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Goregrinder » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:56 am

These guns all feel kickass (but not too OP) and I think the new character is really cool, great mod!
Goregrinder
 
Joined: 23 Sep 2017

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Whoah » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:15 am

Holy shit this mod is cool. No gimmicks, nothing complex, just pure, satisfying, demonic ass kicking. Fucking love it, dude! That cyborg veteran Doomguy sounds badass too, even if it is just a skin, so I am super excited for that and whatever else you have planned as usual! Keep up the good work, Skelegant
User avatar
Whoah
Absolute unit
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2017
Location: R'lyeh. Cthulhu fhtagn.

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Skelegant » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:25 am

Thanks :D I just added the ability to grab and throw cyberdemon and revenant missiles, as well as a few other small tweaks.
User avatar
Skelegant
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2014
Location: All over the walls and floor of E2M8

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby dljosef » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:19 am

Catching cyberdemon rockets is not that bad, provided I got plenty of space wherever I fight one. (Also, shooting them out of the sky's a big plus.) It's catching the revenant fireballs that's too big a pain in the ass from the attempts I tried.
User avatar
dljosef
Brutal Doom? Nope, I don't care.
 
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Location: Deep underground

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Whoah » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 pm

Great mod, but I was wondering if it would be possible to add a CVAR that toggles the enemy changes? Or at least the revenant? If this would take a lot of work, or you simply just don't want to do this, then that's perfectly fine, as I could probably remove it myself
User avatar
Whoah
Absolute unit
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2017
Location: R'lyeh. Cthulhu fhtagn.

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Skelegant » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:37 pm

dljosef wrote:Catching cyberdemon rockets is not that bad, provided I got plenty of space wherever I fight one. (Also, shooting them out of the sky's a big plus.) It's catching the revenant fireballs that's too big a pain in the ass from the attempts I tried.

You have to grab them just before you think you do, once you get the hang of it it's easy :)

Whoah wrote:Great mod, but I was wondering if it would be possible to add a CVAR that toggles the enemy changes? Or at least the revenant? If this would take a lot of work, or you simply just don't want to do this, then that's perfectly fine, as I could probably remove it myself

I could but that'd mean you couldn't catch/deflect rockets anymore, it'd be a better idea to play it with a monster pack like the DoomRL one. What is it about the new stuff you dislike? I could tweak it while still keeping the catching ability.
User avatar
Skelegant
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2014
Location: All over the walls and floor of E2M8

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Postby Whoah » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:00 pm

It's mostly because I play it on delta touch without mouselook, so it's a lot harder to shoot it down and dodge it. And the seeking is a little too aggressive in my opinion. That's it, really
User avatar
Whoah
Absolute unit
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2017
Location: R'lyeh. Cthulhu fhtagn.

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: D3athStalker, Daedalus, fulcrum150, Greyfalll, Hellstorm Archon, MegaNintendo4ever, Timakrov_Gunn and 17 guests