Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Lt. Typhon v3: massive guns

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

Skelegant wrote:V3 is out! The link is on the first page.
New stuff this update:
-Zoom kicks with any weapon. Zoom on its own just kicks, zoom + jump does a drop kick, zoom + crouch does a megaman slide :D
-Munchy the baby caco can now be grabbed and carried with you (punch grabs) and then chucked into battle when you need an airborne turret
-Helper marines only spawn as random powerup replacements, dead marines will rarely spawn a caco egg but never a helper marine
-Sirius beam and bioshock punch have been moved to one weapon (on slot 1) to make scrolling through the weapons less tedious. You can upgrade it with pickups randomly replacing berserk and the plutonium handler.
Spoiler:
The changelog posted by MS.Skelegant.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Lt. Typhon v4: massive guns

Post by Skelegant »

V4 is out! Link is on the first page as usual.
new stuff:
-Backpacks are sometimes replaced by ammo vests which increase your capacity a ton
-Backpacks often spawn an automag!
-Said automag can be charged to fire a stunning bullet or a bio blast
-Area scanners and Mystic Eyes will spawn as random allmap replacements
-The helper marines are nerfed a little and wear duller armor so as not to be as distracting
-If you're lucky, Doomguy himself will show up and kick ass alongside you! (try not to let his constant grunting bother you, he's busy looking for secrets)
-and if you're unlucky you may run into someone eerily familiar and hard as fuck to kill
-Bio powerups now spawn sequentially
-Gondolas can be recruited to fight for you! Hit use on them a few times to prepare them for battle
-Invulnerability now spawns sparkly energy around you that damages anyone who gets too close
-Added another bio powerup to let you throw energy balls/ki blasts
-Added a super secret powerup with slappin' music and some really cool sfx :D
-Charged uppercuts now send enemies flying into the air
Spoiler:
Here's a preview of the automag, cuz I know there were a few people after a bigger handgun :D
Screenshot_Doom_20190805_171909.png
Last edited by Skelegant on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Now this mod contains even more of fun and games stuff to enjoy! That last weapon pic looks very long and powerful enough to be collected in the name of Lt. Typhon!
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Awesome work Skelegant! Pulling up the chaingun and having it rev up is a great touch.
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NTSM »

Could it be that the Spidermastermind makes quite different sounds when he notices you or dies? That sounds strange. :shock:
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

NTSM wrote:Could it be that the Spidermastermind makes quite different sounds when he notices you or dies? That sounds strange. :shock:
It does, I'm glad you noticed :D They're the tripod screams from Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, I added them for several reasons:
1, it's an amazing album and was a big part of my childhood
2, the spider mastermind always made me think of the martian tripods (but with a machinegun instead of a heat ray lol)
and 3, Typhon loves 70s prog rock and the more references to it I can cram into the mod the better :D
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

Skelegant wrote:
NTSM wrote:Could it be that the Spidermastermind makes quite different sounds when he notices you or dies? That sounds strange. :shock:
It does, I'm glad you noticed :D They're the tripod screams from Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, I added them for several reasons:
1, it's an amazing album and was a big part of my childhood
2, the spider mastermind always made me think of the martian tripods (but with a machinegun instead of a heat ray lol)
and 3, Typhon loves 70s prog rock and the more references to it I can cram into the mod the better :D
I understand. ^^
Great idea.
What will happen next? :D
btw. Typhon has something heavenly about him lately. ;D
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

NTSM wrote:
Skelegant wrote: I understand. ^^
Great idea.
What will happen next? :D
btw. Typhon has something heavenly about him lately. ;D
She certainly will once you find that secret powerup :D
I think the next thing I add will probably be the shop system (of sorts), that won't be anytime soon but it should be fun to figure out :)
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Having played through Plutonia, Plutonia 2 and Plutonia Revisited with this, I definitely had a blast. The Automag is a welcome addition, giving you slight beefier, consistently accurate weapon for when you can't/don't want to use the Ancient Revolver.

I do need to report some minor bugs though:

-Picking up a third Gatling Gun when you already have two will give you the single Gatling Gun as well. Picking up a forth will then take the single one away again, and grabbing a fifth will then give it back, etc.

-If you exit a level with a Cigar in your mouth, on beginning the next level the cigar's effects have stopped...but the cigar is still visible above the HUD, and will remain there permanently until you use another Cigar.

-Activating a Cigar when one is already active will not refresh the timer on the "Buddha" powerup it grants, causing it to finish while the second Cigar is still active.

-Not a bug, but a balance issue: the Pulse Rifle is outclassed by the other slot 6 weapons, not to mention the Gatling Gun. The Strange Rifle is more useful simply because it doesn't have an enforced delay when you release the trigger, and while the Old BFG has both an wind-up, a wind-down, and wider spread, its greater DPS makes it a consistently superior choice nonetheless. One thing I think would immediately make the Pulse Rifle a lot more useful would be removing the enforced delay - the end-firing-animation could still play, but could be made interruptible, allowing you to fire again if necessary.

Either way, this mod started off good and is only getting better. I look forward to what your plans for a shop bring.

I'm also kind of wondering if you are going to reveal anything more about nature/motivations of the Outsiders. They were hinted at in your other mod Nun With A Gun, and I'm curious as to what their deal is...

...Or are they common knowledge and I've missed it like a moron?
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Just addressed those bugs (the cigar graphic one i actually fixed in v4 tho) and now the gatling gun pickup won't act funky, the pulse rifle's delay is interruptible, and using a cigar while one is already in use doesn't mess with the buddha mode :)
There are references to the Outsiders in Doomstar too viewtopic.php?f=43&t=58561
I'll reveal more about them eventually but I prefer keeping them semi-secret as it makes them scarier (plus they're not fully explainable in human terms), suffice to say Typhon knows they exist and they're the only thing that scares her :D
Gourry

Post by Gourry »

Will this work with colorful hell? It seems to freeze on ultimate doom.
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

Gourry wrote:Will this work with colorful hell? It seems to freeze on ultimate doom.
It should, I've played this with a few different monster mods and they have worked with little to no issues, I can't imagine CH would be any different.
ANTARES74

Post by ANTARES74 »

Thank you very much for creating great mods!This one is among my favorites.Just one wish? Is it possible to change the system of using inventory items a little? Add shortcuts that can be assigned from the options menu.As this done,for example in Vogue Guncaster or Complex Doom Legendary?
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Skelegant wrote: Here's a preview of the automag, cuz I know there were a few people after a bigger handgun :D
Screenshot_Doom_20190805_171909.png
if i could do a chef kiss through a forum comment, i would. cuz that automag looks fantastic.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

this mod is pretty cool. been thinking of doing a let's play with it with Sigi's episode 3 compatibility version. and like do a Road To Sigil: Ultra Violence Edition thing. where i play through classic Doom's episodes 1 & 2 as a continuous thing and reach the 3rd episode all in UV

Return to “Gameplay Mods”