Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Post by Skelegant »

Just adjusted the homing agressiveness, should be a fairer challenge now :)
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Thanks!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Lt. Typhon can now do the death punch! Its pickup randomly replaces berserk, and is recharged by grabbing health pickups (also medikits and stimpacks now heal you over 100% but will only give you half the regular hp %)
Primary fire can be charged to do a flurry attack, and altfire just points and insults cuz that's how she rolls.
The shotgun also has a charged alt now, tap it to jab with the shotty's stock and hold to fire a slug
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Ooooo that butt stock smack looks satisfying. Also, I have a couple suggestions.
1. Have the plutonia handler give you a passive damage resistance buff of like 15~20%-ish? I dunno, it's really fun to use, but I find myself unable to use it as often as I'd like because I become more of a sitting duck in it.

2. A demonic shotgun altfire if you don't have one planned already. Maybe you sacrifice some degree of health to unleash a big ol demon energy beam/orb, or increase the number of projectiles fired in the next blast. Without an altfire, in my opinion, it makes it feel a bit less viable than the sawed off ssg, and feels more like a gimmick weapon, albeit a cool one
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hah, that's Sonya upwards kick from MK3 sound.

Loving every change to the mod, Tyhpoon has a huge charisma already.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Giving the handler damage resistance is a good idea, it originally protected you against your own bfg attacks but that wasn't particularly useful so it now just gives you a modest but helpful resistance against all damage :D
I'm still deciding what to do for the demonic shotty's altfire, it'll be something unique and probably a bit gimmicky but fun to use
ravage

Post by ravage »

You had me at that powerloader. I want it.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Update time!
I replaced Typhon's voice clips as the originals didn't suit her too well, now she sounds like a real cavewoman :D
I also added a few new weapons, and did a few tweaks to the existing ones (the power loader gives you a defence buff while in use and has better sounds)
I think I fixed the berserk music issue too, although it might pop up if you're using another mod with acs. I'll keep working on it tho :)
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

Damn, I can't believe I overlooked this WAD's release after getting so hype from the preview clips! Will give this a try and see how Plutonia contends with this mod loaded!
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

For some reason the shotgun altfire is just her using the butt of the gun
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Forgot to mention that in the weapons list sorry :D hold altfire to shoot the slug, tap it to do a melee attack (not as powerful as the charged punch but knocks enemies back a lot)
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Skelegant wrote:Forgot to mention that in the weapons list sorry :D hold altfire to shoot the slug, tap it to do a melee attack (not as powerful as the charged punch but knocks enemies back a lot)
I figured it out already. Thanks for replying though
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

So the Outsider Handgun gets more ammo from health pickups? Not complaining but its doomsday for any demons if then
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

UnbornDecay25 wrote:So the Outsider Handgun gets more ammo from health pickups? Not complaining but its doomsday for any demons if then
It does, but it's pretty ammo hungry and not massively practical to use, plus it's kinda rare. I'm still balancing everything tho so if it turns out it breaks the game, i'll fix it :D
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Skelegant wrote:
UnbornDecay25 wrote:So the Outsider Handgun gets more ammo from health pickups? Not complaining but its doomsday for any demons if then
It does, but it's pretty ammo hungry and not massively practical to use, plus it's kinda rare. I'm still balancing everything tho so if it turns out it breaks the game, i'll fix it :D
I got it as the second possible Rocket Launcher drop, as well as the Strange Rifle as the second Plasma Gun and the Demonic Shotgun as early as The Waste Tunnels on Doom 2. If rarety is a focus, then that might need to be taken into account.

Unless I just got massively lucky. Which is a factor

Return to “Gameplay Mods”