Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Lt. Typhon v3: massive guns

Post by Skelegant »

Gideon020 wrote:I was wondering, is this compatible with the Guts Sword mod you made Skelegant?
It wouldn't work that well as is, you'd dip out on the plutonium handler and bioshock punch. Here's a modified version I just threw together, it'll randomly appear along with the handler and bioshock upgrades : https://www.mediafire.com/file/9jwj3275 ... r.wad/file
It'll probably demolish the challenge of most maps but it's fun anyway :D
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Ooh, neat! Thank you.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Being able to slide/drop kick is awesome...unfortunately the drop kick doesn't seem to work very well in practice. The frame where the kick damage is inflicted seems to occur only at the start of the kick, so if you try to use the forward thrust of the kick to lunge at your target, the damage frame has already been and gone by the time you reach it. On the other hand, if you try drop kicking when you are already within touching distance, you often wind up jumping straight over your target's head, with the kick missing and the target often hitting you as you pass over. The most effective way I've found to use it is more like a "Goomba-stomp" than a drop kick; aiming straight down and kicking the floor - this at least will punt away nearby enemies, which is useful if you need some breathing space.

The other two kicks, the standing and sliding one work perfectly - slide kicking enemies into mush is awesome (though not as awesome as successfully drop kicking would be) and the standing kick is a useful tool.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Tesculpture wrote:Being able to slide/drop kick is awesome...unfortunately the drop kick doesn't seem to work very well in practice. The frame where the kick damage is inflicted seems to occur only at the start of the kick, so if you try to use the forward thrust of the kick to lunge at your target, the damage frame has already been and gone by the time you reach it. On the other hand, if you try drop kicking when you are already within touching distance, you often wind up jumping straight over your target's head, with the kick missing and the target often hitting you as you pass over. The most effective way I've found to use it is more like a "Goomba-stomp" than a drop kick; aiming straight down and kicking the floor - this at least will punt away nearby enemies, which is useful if you need some breathing space.
The other two kicks, the standing and sliding one work perfectly - slide kicking enemies into mush is awesome (though not as awesome as successfully drop kicking would be) and the standing kick is a useful tool.
I don't have too much trouble using the dropkick but i can totally see how you'd have that issue. Would removing the thrust help, or maybe moving it to the frames just before the kick itself?
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Skelegant wrote:I don't have too much trouble using the dropkick but i can totally see how you'd have that issue. Would removing the thrust help, or maybe moving it to the frames just before the kick itself?
Given you already have the altfire of the fists, the shotgun stock smash, and the sliding kick which are all melee attacks that launch you forward, the first option (removing the thrust) might help distinguish the drop kick from the others. By also increasing the attack's knockback, it could maybe become a sort of "Get the FUCK out of my personal space" tool.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Tesculpture wrote:Given you already have the altfire of the fists, the shotgun stock smash, and the sliding kick which are all melee attacks that launch you forward, the first option (removing the thrust) might help distinguish the drop kick from the others. By also increasing the attack's knockback, it could maybe become a sort of "Get the FUCK out of my personal space" tool.
I did as you suggested (i also fixed a 1 tic difference between the regular kick and its flash state) the knockback is pretty big as it is tho :D
Grab it from the main dl link and see if it feels better to use now :)
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Massive improvement! It's lot easier to use toe to toe, and can be fairly lethal in confined spaces due to targets taking extra damage if they are knocked into a wall.

"Hey you, I think there's something stuck to the soles of my boots - could you check for me?" *SMASH*
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Is it me or 100% of your mods are about overpowered women?

I still hope the Speed Demon project gets more updates and overpowered attacks, though.
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Is it me or 100% of your mods are about overpowered women?

I still hope the Speed Demon project gets more updates and overpowered attacks, though.
I wouldn't really say that considering Guts Ripper, DoomStar, Dio, and Kira's Bizarre Adventure are also made by them XP.

Also, love the new update, the kicking and the rock throwing are pretty fun additions, as is being able to bring the adorable cacodemon baby with you :D
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

BradmanX wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Is it me or 100% of your mods are about overpowered women?

I wouldn't really say that considering Guts Ripper, DoomStar, Dio, and Kira's Bizarre Adventure are also made by them XP.

Also, love the new update, the kicking and the rock throwing are pretty fun additions, as is being able to bring the adorable cacodemon baby with you :D
Oh, I didn't knew these were made by the same person\people\team. I just knew about 3-4 total mods with overpowered females and they were all published by the same author. I guess the Skelegant, whatever mystery lies behind that name, is creating mods that are all about overpowered women AND anime characters. :P
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

I just like making fun doom mods :D I also made Doom Mower, Kopflos and Baradoom, although Kopflos isn't that fun, it was mostly just me practicing mapping and modding together.
Big tough girls are a reoccuring theme tho cuz that's what i am lol (i try to be tough at least, i'm no Typhon unfortunately) and I just really enjoy making strong characters with fun personalities, like good ol' Heavy from TF2 :) he's pretty much the gold standard for fun character design.
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

Skelegant wrote:I just like making fun doom mods :D I also made Doom Mower, Kopflos and Baradoom, although Kopflos isn't that fun, it was mostly just me practicing mapping and modding together.
Big tough girls are a reoccuring theme tho cuz that's what i am lol (i try to be tough at least, i'm no Typhon unfortunately) and I just really enjoy making strong characters with fun personalities, like good ol' Heavy from TF2 :) he's pretty much the gold standard for fun character design.
You definetely do make some fun Doom mods, that's for sure :D.

As far as the tough women protagonists in some of your mods, it's honestly a nice sight, especially since they have some personality to them as well as being badass, Typhon especially.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Gender Diversity is very nice for adding new taste and variety into it. Of course, i'm not talking about politically correct things. I'm so glad you could come up with fantastic ideas, Skelegant!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Diversity in general is a good idea, otherwise you end up with a whole lot of the same thing and no matter how fun and hunky big buff marine boys are, it can get boring only playing as them. Having a few different character types (female, animal, robot etc) not only means more character and more fun designs, but it also means the hunky dudes won't get boring :) I'm pretty sure Duke Nukem would have kept his throne if they had more varied story elements and characters and stuff, he was the king of hunky vidja dudes lol
I'm hoping Ion Fury will rekindle interest in the Dukeverse, Duke was one of the many sources of inspiration for Typhon :D

Back on topic, I'm considering adding some kind of shop system where you can spend points on weapon upgrades, not entirely sure how to implement the store itself but i'm open to suggestions :)
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

so what's done in V3?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”