Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doctrine Gamer

Re: Lt. Typhon v2: massive guns

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Thank you! :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Requesting permission to drop a Power Loader sprite for Lt Typhoon, sir!

credits to "AFruitADay!! on Spriters Resource, sir!
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

I actually want to redesign the plutonium handler's pickup sprite at some point and that'll make a perfect base for editing, thanks!
also it's ma'am rather than sir but the gesture is appreciated :D At ease, private
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

Thank you for this new update, Ms. Skelegant! I've been waiting for it to properly give your mod a spin. I think playing Miasma with it would be a good fit :D

I got the impression that Lt. Typhon started as a fairly serious mod (you yourself mentioned inspiration by Final Doomer+), but then, as time went on, you just added more and more over the top stuff for shits and giggles. And it's all the better for it :mrgreen:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Actually with sir i meant you, hahahaha

unless you are a girl and i didn‘t knew it :p
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

I am lol no big deal tho we're all just meat suits piloted by skeletons, what really matters is whether or not the doom mods we make are fun :D
Anyway i had a fiddle around with the power loader sprite and it's kind of the wrong scale and size, despite looking really nice. I could probably chop it up and resize different parts tho, i just don't want it blocking the player's view while it's in the room :D I was also considering giving the loader a finite amount of hp, kinda like the ride armors in Mega Man X, and if it runs out you drop it and it blows up. You could then drop it if it's low on hp and use it as a time bomb :D That'd make future loader pickups way more useful too
QuickWolfPT

Post by QuickWolfPT »

First of all i want to say that i freaking love this mod, it's very funny and the weapons feel so good to use

But i have a little "problem" (it's no big deal), i'm playing with Vaccinated Valve and DoomRL monsters pack and sometimes when i pick up a Bivrost Overdrive pack i get the message 'Music "Spawning" not found'

I don't know if it matters in this case but my load order is
valve.wad
DoomRL_Monsters_Beta_7.1.pk3
TYPHON_v2.wad

Thanks for your attention and for making this awesome mod
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

QuickWolfPT wrote:First of all i want to say that i freaking love this mod, it's very funny and the weapons feel so good to use

But i have a little "problem" (it's no big deal), i'm playing with Vaccinated Valve and DoomRL monsters pack and sometimes when i pick up a Bivrost Overdrive pack i get the message 'Music "Spawning" not found'

I don't know if it matters in this case but my load order is
valve.wad
DoomRL_Monsters_Beta_7.1.pk3
TYPHON_v2.wad

Thanks for your attention and for making this awesome mod
Glad you're enjoying the mod :D I had that bug a while ago and thought i fixed it, i wonder if it's something in doomrl monsters 7.1? I tried it with Valve and 7.0 and it didn't happen.
QuickWolfPT

Post by QuickWolfPT »

Ok i'll try with 7.0, thanks for the tip and the quick answer :D
Diode

Post by Diode »

I think we've descovered who has the highest testosterone level in the Doomiverse.

Got a real good chuckle when I died and my fucking ghost rose from my corpse and punched a spider mastermind to death.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Bug report:
-The alt fires of the Super Shotgun and Rocket Launcher can hurt/push enemies through walls.
-The Fists alert enemies, but the Bio Shock Punch is does not.
-Equipping the Plutonium Handler stops the Cigar from degrading your health (you still gain armour).
-I also got a "Music: Arachnotron not found" message on one occasion in vanilla Doom II.
AschTheConjurer
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by AschTheConjurer »

I saw Icarus' video this afternoon and have spent most of tonight trying this mod out on Epic2 and a couple one-level WADs.

I was having a pleased chuckle for a while thinking about how Lt. Typhon is the perfect Brick-Shithouse-Hard-Bitch I've been looking for, to foil the Zero-Suit-Samus women I see being playable characters in most games in general, and thinking about how some kind of crossover between Metroid and Typhon would be great......

Then while playing Epic2 I found the baby Cacodemon.
And suddenly it all made sense.
The bad-bitch asskicking blonde, Chozo-like symbols (although the "Female" symbol is pretty obvious) on the Ancient Revolver, and the fucking stonking beast that is the Arm of Diana(?) which is literally A CANNON MADE FROM A MARBLE ARM.

Lt. Typhon is the cigar-chomping skull-crushing Doomiverse Samus Aran.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Tesculpture wrote:Bug report:
-The alt fires of the Super Shotgun and Rocket Launcher can hurt/push enemies through walls.
-The Fists alert enemies, but the Bio Shock Punch is does not.
-Equipping the Plutonium Handler stops the Cigar from degrading your health (you still gain armour).
-I also got a "Music: Arachnotron not found" message on one occasion in vanilla Doom II.
Most of that is intentional (she punches loud lol i might change that later if it gets annoying tho) but the music:arachnotron not found error can't have happened in vanilla doom, i assume you had something on autoload? Vanilla doom doesn't use acs scripts by default.
AschTheConjurer wrote: Lt. Typhon is the cigar-chomping skull-crushing Doomiverse Samus Aran.
I took a lot of inspiration from Ellen Ripley so it's natural Typhon reminds you of Samus :D Metroid and Typhon were both influenced a lot by Aliens
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Yeah, upon inspection I think it was something in my autoload, sorry. Fists alerting isn't a problem really, but it does seem odd the Shock Punch doesn't, despite having quite obviously noisy effects.

All in all, this mod is going awesome - the Cigar being my favourite new addition; it has great synergy with the Golden Armour. It wouldn't happen to inspired by the Cigarettes item in Metal Gear Solid 1, per chance?
AschTheConjurer
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by AschTheConjurer »

Skelegant wrote: I took a lot of inspiration from Ellen Ripley so it's natural Typhon reminds you of Samus :D Metroid and Typhon were both influenced a lot by Aliens
Speaking of: It's off topic, but I'm keen to use the new Addon-only gun Pillowblaster added to Guncaster's newest update.
It looks like it's literally a Smartgun.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”