Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Post by Skelegant »

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pw6xpmjmc ... HON_V6.wad
Vanilla reskin version available here (works with skulltag and chocolate doom): viewtopic.php?f=46&t=61919

A Final Doomer-esque mod starring a battlescarred badass with ridiculous firepower! While not as overpowered as Russian Overkill or Baradoom, it makes Plutonia less of a bullshit challenge, while adding a few challenges of its own. Mancubus fireballs burst into a hail of flame, revenant rockets are a little faster and home better but can be shot out of the air if your aim is good (and grabbed too!) Cyberdemon rockets are faster and can also be grabbed, but only if your timing's just right.
Backpacks provide ammo as well as rocket powered grappling hooks and a rich, lung-destroying cigar that'll buff your armor but lower your HP (as well as make you look badass as fuck)
Most weapons have an altfire so be sure to bind that before playing if you haven't already (i'd suggest sticking it on right mouse click)
It's compatible with many monster packs and mapsets, DRLA monsters goes particularly well with it :)
I've been testing it with Valve (vaccinated Valiant), it's a really fun but challenging mapset: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... wads/valve

Story:
Spoiler:
Weapons:
Spoiler:

Powerups:
Spoiler:
Credits:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Skelegant on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: Lt. Typhon: Veteran doomgirl

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

It's here! I can't wait to play this, watching it's development has been great. Congrats on the release!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

DAMN YEAH

Another great one by Skelegant. This one feels extremely good to play, the work on items and weapon feel is really responsive and weapons sound beefy.
Thypoon feels bad to the bloody roots, too!

So, i know it barely came out, but, my suggestion really: why not give her a Desert Eagle or a Big bore handgun in place of the 1911? It's the only one i can't feel that... dakka, you know?

But that BS, aside, this mod feels great! Congrats!
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Oh, that's a fine new mod. Very well done. My thoughts on each weapon, save for the BFG weapons.

I'll have to admit, charging up your fist for the alt fire really can make short work of even barons in one hit, though I can just imagine the atatatatatata when I'm in Bivrost Overdrive Mode.

The Plutonia handler's blocking is very nice for deflecting, but sometimes the projectiles get stuck, namely the homing ones, when I'm standing still.

The 1911's 100% accuracy is just right for long-distance plinking, making up for the machine gun being two points of damage weaker. (Though the grenade alt fire on the machine gun's great to fall back on, particularly in the spots where enemies are boxed in below.)

Shotgun's alt fire's just as good for sniping, though it takes a bit of leading enemies with, and the fragments damaging other enemies is nice. Regular fire's just fine for one-shotting imps up close.

Love the sawn-off's dragon's breath alt-fire for doing additional damage to groups, however miniscule, though the beefed-up normal fire's just as sweet. The demonic shotgun's a bit gimmicky for my tastes, though.

The charged-up rocket launcher's alt-fire's nice for one-shotting revs, but the fireballs aren't exactly reliable for hitting groups of enemies.

Pulse Rifle's altfire can very easily hitstun the Spider Mastermind to death. Still great for those long, tight hallways full of enemies nonetheless.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Like what GAA said, a beefier handgun would fit Typhon more - a scoped .357 magnum, or at the very least an automag would suffice. That, and the altfire sound for the shotgun could be a bit bassier or meatier to match the slug, which could also be faster to really add some "oomph" to it.
Helion

Post by Helion »

There's a delay when shooting on most of the weapons, it would be nice if it was removed to make the weapons feel more responsive.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

I'm not replacing her starting weapon (if it was any more powerful you wouldn't need to find new weapons :D ) but I could add another slot 2 weapon, a nice big revolver would be a fun addition.
There is meant to be a slight delay to simulate trigger-pulling but not at much as there is, I don't know how I didn't notice how delayed the pistol and shotguns are :D Just fixed that and sped up the slug a little
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

EddieMann wrote:Like what GAA said, a beefier handgun would fit Typhon more - a scoped .357 magnum, or at the very least an automag would suffice. That, and the altfire sound for the shotgun could be a bit bassier or meatier to match the slug, which could also be faster to really add some "oomph" to it.
i hope skel considers either an automag or a wildey, cuz they're cool looking heavy caliber pistols, and because i have clint eastwood related fantasies that need fulfillment.

also, minor bug report, when using the small hud, the giblet shotgun's reload has a pretty massive sprite cut off.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

LossForWords wrote: i hope skel considers an automag, cuz it's a cool pistol, and because i have clint eastwood related fantasies that need fulfillment.
also, when using the small hud, the giblet shotgun has a pretty massive sprite cut off.
Already fixed that :D An automag would be cool but function the same as the 1911, I could maybe add it as an akimbo upgrade to the pistol?
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Skelegant wrote: An automag would be cool but function the same as the 1911, I could maybe add it as an akimbo upgrade to the pistol?
i was gonna suggest adding a scope to it, like GAA said earlier, but having akimbo heavy caliber pistols sounds like a good idea.
Vikvicious1

Post by Vikvicious1 »

Are the alt fire rockets and dragon breath shotgun supposed to go though walls? Seems a little unfair to the demons, funny I should be taking their side but hey. Other than that I love the mod!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Vikvicious1 wrote:Are the alt fire rockets and dragon breath shotgun supposed to go though walls? Seems a little unfair to the demons, funny I should be taking their side but hey. Other than that I love the mod!
They are, it does break some maps but it's fun and that's what matters :D
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

was playing no end in sight with your mod and doom raro,it was really hard but also really fun :D ,gonna play a couple of other wads with this
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

I played this and I love the care and attention you and several others put into it! For all this, plus additional more, I say this gets 10/5 stars!
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

if u pick up another berserk while already having one it will not give u more time to punch demons in their faces,but before that happened i still had colormap on me and no fast punches (thats how i noticed there was no no time reset after testing)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”