Re: [RELEASE] HereTweak v3 plus Add-ons!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Postby Baratus » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:58 pm

Who likes Heretic? ...Anyone?

For those of you who are still fond of Doom's medieval cousin, I've completely remade my old Heretweak mod from the ground up.
The aim of this mod is to improve weapon feedback while respecting the weapon's base damage values and functions.
While some weapons might function slightly differently, gameplay should be largely unchanged and include a lot more visual flair.

Wait... what's different?
-Weapons have extra particles
-Weapons have slight visual recoil
-New sprites for Tomed weapons, by SgtShivers!
-Ghost enemies are harder to spot!
-Every Tomed weapon is POWERFUL!
-FireMace has been buffed to compensate for its rarity.

This mod is designed for and tested with GZDoom v4.0.0, and is not compatible with Zandronum.

DOWNLOAD ON ITCH.IO!
(current version: v4, released 02-06-2021)

ADD-ONS:
Tome of Double Damage - Will occasionally spawn a double damage powerup instead of a Tome of Power. You can take one of each Tome across a level!
Permanent Tome of Power - When used, the Tome of Power will last for the duration of the level! Good for the Hordes of Chaos and other slaughtery maps, or for those who want a pure Elven power fantasy.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These addons are compatible with vanilla Heretic AND HereTweak, but not with each other.

Best played with Heretic Widescreen Sprite Fix!
viewtopic.php?t=36713

Spoiler: Changelog

Thanks to Jimmy and Skelegant for feedback and bug fixing!
Last edited by Baratus on Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:25 am, edited 11 times in total.
Baratus

Re: [RELEASE] HereTweak 2: Do-Over!

Postby thewolfman00001 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:01 am

I did a brief playthrough of a few levels of heretic using this mod and I think it has potential. You should really continue to work on this
thewolfman00001

Discord: The Wolfman#6010
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: [RELEASE] HereTweak 2: Do-Over!

Postby Baratus » Wed May 01, 2019 6:44 am

Time for a big update! This updated version fixed an annoying bug that crashes the game to console if you use the Tome of Power while switching or firing weapons. Some weapons have also received some damage tweaks. See the Changelog for the full list of changes.

Click HERE to download!
Baratus

Postby Baratus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:40 am

A new update is here!

This new version includes new sprites for Tomed weapons, made by SgtShivers who was kind enough to allow me to use them! Thanks again!

Various changes have been made to the weapons, while they are relatively minor I believe they make the mod feel a bit more complete.

See the full changelog right here:
Spoiler: Changelog v3

DOWNLODL
(current version: v3, 26-04-2020)

But wait, there's more! Here are some fun little addons to enhance your Heretic experience!

Tome of Double Damage - Will occasionally spawn a double damage powerup instead of a Tome of Power. You can carry one of both Tomes across a level!
Permanent Tome of Power - When used, the Tome of Power will last for the duration of the level! Good for the Hordes of Chaos and other slaughtery maps, or for those who want a pure Elven power fantasy.
IMPORTANT: These addons are compatible with vanilla Heretic AND HereTweak, but not with each other.

Have fun!
Baratus

Re: Re: [RELEASE] HereTweak v3 plus Add-ons!

Postby Baratus » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:24 am

It's been a while. Thought I'd tidy this mod up a little bit.

Get it now on itch.io!

Spoiler: Changelog
Baratus

Return to Gameplay Mods