Blood Stalker V.2.3 Play as anything! Updated Finally!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Blood Stalker 2.3b Play as anything! Stability&Balance

Postby kadu522 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:20 pm

Hello!

I'm currently runing into a loading error bugs that states that certain lines in the Zscript class file for this mod are taged as private and can't be accessed.

After opening it in slade i noticed that they where all subtitute functions and that they are giveing errors. (And while comenting them out makes the mod load it makes certain functions crash. mainly transformation transitions)

I'm useing GZdoom g4.4.2
kadu522
A gameplay lover,heck i play a ASCII Based game is your gameplay is good enough.

Discord: kadu522#0658
Twitch ID: kadulal

Postby TXTX » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:18 pm

kadu522 wrote:Hello!

I'm currently runing into a loading error bugs that states that certain lines in the Zscript class file for this mod are taged as private and can't be accessed.

After opening it in slade i noticed that they where all subtitute functions and that they are giveing errors. (And while comenting them out makes the mod load it makes certain functions crash. mainly transformation transitions)

I'm useing GZdoom g4.4.2

That's a known problem.
Unfortunately the newer Zdoom versions have removed the ability to use substite functions completely. The mod makes heavy use of those functions for it's gameplay.

I've asked them about the restriction but they won't bring it back. Without it the code handling most of this mod is dead in newer versions. There's no way around it as far as I know.
TXTX
Insane Feline, Hacking through ZScript

Postby Linz » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:29 pm

A crying shame,I thought a Prototype inspired gameplay mod was super cool and unique
Linz

Postby TXTX » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:18 am

Linz wrote:A crying shame,I thought a Prototype inspired gameplay mod was super cool and unique

Yeah it's sad, put so much work into it just to have an update kill it. The mod still works perfectly in the previous version at least.

If they ever add something that replicates the function I'll gladly update and continue my work. Until then I'm out of luck.
TXTX

Postby Netheritor » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:56 am

Okay, I like your mod. Some questions:

1. Is this doom exclusive mod or not? Because doom and hexen has different setting in the use of "use + reload". And strife just crashed.
2. How can I revive without reloading the game?
3. Some monsters can't be "charmed", at least in hexen. The question is can it be used in monster mod? I think I already know the answer but when I use it with brutal doom, the "charm" has different results.
4. Can you give info of the optimal gzdoom version to play? The stable version for this mod.
Netheritor

Postby TXTX » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Netheritor wrote:Okay, I like your mod. Some questions:

1. Is this doom exclusive mod or not? Because doom and hexen has different setting in the use of "use + reload". And strife just crashed.
2. How can I revive without reloading the game?
3. Some monsters can't be "charmed", at least in hexen. The question is can it be used in monster mod? I think I already know the answer but when I use it with brutal doom, the "charm" has different results.
4. Can you give info of the optimal gzdoom version to play? The stable version for this mod.

1. No, it should work with all games. I haven't thoroughly tested them however. Might be a bug.
2. There's a setting allowing you to revive called undeath. It's off by default because it's pretty overpowered. Also, if the game doesn't reload when you press anything it's because you need to wait a short time before reviving.
3. Hexen monsters have higher health, since they have much higher health you would need to upgrade your own by draining blood from even stronger monsters.
4. I've played mainly on GZDoom 4.3.3. Versions after that break the mod completely and can't be fixed.
TXTX

Re: Blood Stalker V.2 Play as anything! Updated Finally!

Postby TXTX » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:40 am

FINALLY! I've done it!

New version works with the latest GZDoom now. It's not as perfect as the previous version since I had to work around quite a few big things, but it's an amazing starting point.
Further info added at end of first post.
TXTX

Re: Blood Stalker V.2.1 Play as anything! Updated Finally!

Postby TXTX » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:17 am

2.1: Fixed a critial crash related to rage form.
TXTX

Postby Spaceman333 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:41 am

TXTX wrote:FINALLY! I've done it!

New version works with the latest GZDoom now. It's not as perfect as the previous version since I had to work around quite a few big things, but it's an amazing starting point.

Awesome! I've been lazy to reinstall and setup an older gzdoom, so the mod now working with the latest version is super good news!
Spaceman333

Postby TXTX » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:21 pm

Spaceman333 wrote:
TXTX wrote:FINALLY! I've done it!

Awesome! I've been lazy to reinstall and setup an older gzdoom, so the mod now working with the latest version is super good news!

Yep. It's been bothering me about how I couldn't work on it at all. A workaround that's not perfect is better than nothing. Might even find a way to fix it too.
TXTX

Postby kadu522 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:21 pm

OH THAT IS GREAT NEWS!

I Really like what you are trying to do with this mod. i don't know any mods that try to handle the more genetic side of things (unless you are includeing DOOM RPG but lets be honest. DOOM RPG basicly has everything SPECIALY when you mix DRLA).

Anyway updateing now!
kadu522
A gameplay lover,heck i play a ASCII Based game is your gameplay is good enough.

Discord: kadu522#0658
Twitch ID: kadulal

Postby TXTX » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:48 am

kadu522 wrote:OH THAT IS GREAT NEWS!

I Really like what you are trying to do with this mod. i don't know any mods that try to handle the more genetic side of things (unless you are includeing DOOM RPG but lets be honest. DOOM RPG basicly has everything SPECIALY when you mix DRLA).

Anyway updateing now!

Thanks. Fixing it up will still be a major challenge, but it's what I enjoy doing.
TXTX

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:02 am

Hi ...I tried loading the mod with all my doom versions ..
Gzdoom 1.9/3.2/3.8.2/4.5
Lzdoom 3.86a
Zandronum 3.0/3.1

But it keeps giving me error messages ...and doesn't load ..any idea why
Ferretmanjcdenton

Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby TXTX » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:39 pm

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Hi ...I tried loading the mod with all my doom versions ..
Gzdoom 1.9/3.2/3.8.2/4.5
Lzdoom 3.86a
Zandronum 3.0/3.1

But it keeps giving me error messages ...and doesn't load ..any idea why

This mod should only work on GZDoom due to using zscript. I have a new version that fixed a lot of bugs however.
Try it, and if you still get crashes you should post the error message here.

Version 2.2 Released:
Fixed major crashes related to possession of monsters and players.
TXTX

Re: Blood Stalker V.2.2 Play as anything! Updated Finally!

Postby AvzinElkein » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:05 pm

You might need to redo this one for 4.5.0
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinReborn#9162
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods