Blood Stalker Discontinued

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TXTX

Re: Blood Price 1.0 Mod Base Finished

Post by TXTX »

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've always been working on it this whole time but never got to a good state for an upload. Also work takes your life.

Besides a few bugs the mod baseline is finished. It will always be updated and bugfixed. Even adding new content isn't out either.
That just means that the main part of the mod is finished and stable.

I will update the changelog but I don't know when I'll have the time to sit down with it on the details. Main page may be slightly inaccurate.
TXTX

Re: Blood Price 1.2 Big Update

Post by TXTX »

1.2 BIG Update
Whoo boy, sorry I've been gone for so long. I havent stopped working on the mod but also never got enough off time from work to test and upload properly. I've fixed countless bugs including one which prevented all morphs from appearing. New abilities are also included, one of which I fell in love with: Pouncing.

Pouncing allows you to use a aimable dash to traverse the map or dodge attacks, please use responsibly since most map makers probably don't think you would have this much mobility. Pouncing along with dodging makes you hyper-mobile and its just plain fun as heck.

Theres also another important mechanic: Rage.
When rage activates your entire screen with flood with red meaning you barely flinch from attacks anymore and do much more melee damage. Your regeneration also starts going out of control, taking your blood points and making you almost unstoppable, but also draining it passively. You can stave off rage by draining enough blood so that your body stops craving it. That's made more difficult with how it drains blood in rage.

Reviving has been somewhat reworked as well. It prevents you from respawning for a while so that you don't accidentally respawn when you could have revived yourself instead.

A lot more things have changed but it's definitely hard to keep a stable changelog when you hardly have luxury time to play with things and keep track of all the small changes.
Rua Gubs

Post by Rua Gubs »

I know this might be a stupid question, but what's the action button and where do I bind it?
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Rua Gubs wrote:I know this might be a stupid question, but what's the action button and where do I bind it?
Oops. Accidentally left that part commented out of the code out when testing. I'll upload a fixed version on the same download.
It'll be in controls under options.

OK SERIOUSLY. Fixed for real now.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Sorry for another post, but download link was on the wrong file. Fixed.
TXTX

Re: Blood Stalker 2.0 Play as ANYTHING! Check update info.

Post by TXTX »

New update: Info can be found on first page but I'll put it here too:

2.0 B-Day Experimental Update
Been gone a long time yet again, but not without great strides in coding. As you may have noticed from the title, you can now play as ANYTHING from any mod. This means you can play as monsters, other player classes, effectively change classes permanently, and other kinds of hilarious things.

How?
New options menu to simplify a lot of things. You have to enable the option to play as this class to start. At first nothing looks different until you start pressing your form keys. As Ryuvain you always have your original form to use. You swap between your current body and that form by holding sprint/speed and pressing use. You can also pounce to move around quickly in this form by holding sprint/speed and jumping.

Death?
How it works is simple. If you should die and not have enough blood points to revive yourself, you'll turn to abandoning your body and can now search for a new one. You can come up to any monster (that bleeds/has blood) or (enemy) player and take their body for yourself. To do this you hold the sprint/speed key and press use.

Rage?
This is a completely redone mechanic that has you enter rage mode when taking too much damage. In this state you have increased defenses and heightened melee damage. The downside is that your health will drain if you stay in the mode too long without killing anything. Also taking critical damage will force you into your beast form, having immense power but no range capability.

End.
There's probably a lot more things that I could touch up on, but this is a highly experimental phase that the project is going through and things change wildly from week to week. Having all of it put down here would probably be a waste of time as it could just change soon. Everything under these update parts might be inaccurate or flat out wrong. Mostly wanted to get this release out for my B-day as a celebration of how far I could push this mod. Have fun!
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

I'm not sure I understand how to play this mod. I can get the drain attack and shield to work, and the "activate infection" thing too, but I have no clue how to do anything else. Is it broken in the latest GZDoom?
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

i cant get to run the game.. is it not gzdoom? i mean the mod

i load the mod but it only gives me normal vanilla doom
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Funky Gnoll wrote:I'm not sure I understand how to play this mod. I can get the drain attack and shield to work, and the "activate infection" thing too, but I have no clue how to do anything else. Is it broken in the latest GZDoom?
A lot of features have been revamped, balanced, or changed with this experimental update. What action are you trying to do?
Last edited by TXTX on Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

theroguemonk wrote:i cant get to run the game.. is it not gzdoom? i mean the mod

i load the mod but it only gives me normal vanilla doom
It looks vanilla at first, but you should still have all of the powers. Make sure the class is turned on in options too.
For example try starting and trying to see if you can change to your other form using sprint+use.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

In the first post you say that the leveling system will tell me how to do various things, but nothing of the sort ever seems to happen. I can drain and infect monsters, but I can never seem to tell how much 'blood' I have left, and my health value seems to fluctuate wildly when I do choose to infect (sometimes it jumps from e.g. 125 to over 600). All I can figure out is how to activate the true form, kick, drain, and infect.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Funky Gnoll wrote:In the first post you say that the leveling system will tell me how to do various things, but nothing of the sort ever seems to happen. I can drain and infect monsters, but I can never seem to tell how much 'blood' I have left, and my health value seems to fluctuate wildly when I do choose to infect (sometimes it jumps from e.g. 125 to over 600). All I can figure out is how to activate the true form, kick, drain, and infect.
The leveling system was removed in the experimental update. Everything is given from start instead.

Showing your blood level is something i'm wondering is needed now since:
Leveling was removed
blood isn't supposed to be kept forever anymore, made the game too easy?
the system works off of your current health or temporary blood now.
Berserk is now automatic to give less control over transformations

Although I haven't received much feedback regarding balance.
Still could add it for clarity?

The health value bug is something I already know about, but can't find out why this happens. I'm still working on fixing this even now, but even the math seems right? Sigh.
Anything can be added back if it can fit in, but I'm just trying out different things this update.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

I dunno, just add a help screen that explicitly details how to do the different moves, or something like that. As it is, the mod seems really obtuse.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Funky Gnoll wrote:I dunno, just add a help screen that explicitly details how to do the different moves, or something like that. As it is, the mod seems really obtuse.
Can do, definitely more complicated from the start.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

New version up. Various bug fixes.
Completely new menu to explain everything.
Health increase bug still known, trying to track this one down.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”