Blood Stalker Discontinued

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TXTX

Re: Blood Stalker 2.2 Play as anything! Stability&Balance

Post by TXTX »

MetroКОП wrote:Wow,very cool mod,And hey. what the -\mods/\Wads/\Maps/ you use in screenshots ?
And i have one problem with monsters after infect,and i stuck and can't complete level with infected blocking the passage.and i restart level or play as human and kill infected monsters.
I can't control yourself after monster drain my blood and i become infected.
The mods from the screenshots were a heavily modified zdoom wars I made, GvHMaps, and WildWeasel's Police Brutality/Terrorists: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=33330

Did you mean after mutation or you died and can't respawn? The second one about not being able to respawn is probably a bug, I'll have to take a look at that.
slyrboi

Post by slyrboi »

Will this work with lzdoom 3.85?
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

slyrboi wrote:Will this work with lzdoom 3.85?
Since LZDoom is based on ZDoom, it should work as long as they've updated their zscript enough. I'm not too knowledgable on that branch though.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Blood Stalker 2.3 Play as anything! Stability&Balance

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Coming back to play with the mod some more, I got a question to ask about one of the main things itself. How do I actually possess a target and become it?
That help menu looks like it is telling me to do about the same thing as transforming, but even when I hold sprint then use whether I try behind an alive target or a dead body, my results are only transforming back into the normal player.
TXTX

Re: Blood Stalker 2.3 Play as anything! Stability&Balance

Post by TXTX »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Coming back to play with the mod some more, I got a question to ask about one of the main things itself. How do I actually possess a target and become it?
That help menu looks like it is telling me to do about the same thing as transforming, but even when I hold sprint then use whether I try behind an alive target or a dead body, my results are only transforming back into the normal player.
Yeah, I've been playing around with this mechanic since its completely new. Also it was bugged, you might want the fixed version up now.

Two things, you have to be in your 'observer' form (tiny rat form) to try to possess something. To get this form you hold crouch and sprint and then press use. While in this form you hold sprint and press use while aiming at your target.
The second requirement is that your health must be on their level or higher. Humanoid enemies health is compared normally while bigger monsters requirement is divided by 4.
To access your possessed form again (only if its not a player) you just press the same combo to get to rat form while already in it.

Sheesh, trying to get all that into the help menu will suck. :?
Starman the Blaziken

Re: Blood Stalker 2.3b Play as anything! Stability&Balance

Well as long as you say that you need to be a little mouse can work, just crouch and do the transform action up to an enemy to work could be fine.
Though, how could I ever get any more health to become something stronger than a zombie, or a pinky or something?
Starman the Blaziken

Also after recently getting into a zombie, his health seems to lower from what I would have from the max.
And when I change from the zombie to anything else, the health packs do not work. What is up with that?
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Well as long as you say that you need to be a little mouse can work, just crouch and do the transform action up to an enemy to work could be fine.
Though, how could I ever get any more health to become something stronger than a zombie, or a pinky or something?
Your base health counts as 400 normally, your rage form has 4 times your normal health and that's your true value. So stronger enemies like Barons, Mancubus, and bosses will increase your health when you drain blood from them. A Baron can get your health to 250 and your rage form will match their health at 1000.
Starman the Blaziken wrote:Also after recently getting into a zombie, his health seems to lower from what I would have from the max.
And when I change from the zombie to anything else, the health packs do not work. What is up with that?
Sounds like an earlier bug, I've tried this on the current file and it works fine. Might want to grab this version.
Starman the Blaziken

I did get the 2.3b version, just that my health was not really getting anywhere.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:I did get the 2.3b version, just that my health was not really getting anywhere.
Just simply can't increase your health against weaker enemies. Draining from strong ones will increase it.
Starman the Blaziken

I mean the health as in my max health gets decreased, and it does not go anywhere when transforming back in the latest version.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:I mean the health as in my max health gets decreased, and it does not go anywhere when transforming back in the latest version.
I can't seem to replicate this bug. Even tried switching between a lot of different enemies including zombies.
I've reuploaded the file to dropbox, can you download this one and see if it's still bugged?
haxray

Post by haxray »

Hey, i was trying to try this mod out but I keep running into an issue where it wont actually let me select the class to use. The options menu displays the option "Use Ryuvain Class" but i am unable to toggle the option off of no. I have tried both redownloading the mod and redownloading gzdoom to ensure i had the most recent version, and this issue continues to persist.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

haxray wrote:Hey, i was trying to try this mod out but I keep running into an issue where it wont actually let me select the class to use. The options menu displays the option "Use Ryuvain Class" but i am unable to toggle the option off of no. I have tried both redownloading the mod and redownloading gzdoom to ensure i had the most recent version, and this issue continues to persist.
Its a zdoom issue. The option is locked in when you start a new game so that you can't change mid-adventure.
Trying to change the setting does work even when the option doesn't look like it changed, starting a new game right after is required.

I'm trying to find a workaround but haven't had the free time yet.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

haxray wrote:Hey, i was trying to try this mod out but I keep running into an issue where it wont actually let me select the class to use. The options menu displays the option "Use Ryuvain Class" but i am unable to toggle the option off of no. I have tried both redownloading the mod and redownloading gzdoom to ensure i had the most recent version, and this issue continues to persist.
Try using the "end game" command (F7 if you haven't un/rebound it), then selecting the other class.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”