Blood Stalker Discontinued

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TXTX

Re: Blood Stalker 2.2 Play as anything! Stability&Balance

Post by TXTX »

theroguemonk wrote:
Captain J wrote:
TXTX wrote:There's a setting to turn the class on in the options menu. If it's on you will get a message talking about your blood. It's not on by default since I had multiplayer in mind and figured not everyone would want to use the class when starting.
Ah, i get the point now. You have to touch the settings first and then the changes will be available... Although I would like to start the game without setting it manually, but it's good and all.
is this gzdoom or zdrum .. because it wont let me turning it on ... and i get the very vanilla game that is really just hte vanilla game
Don't think it will work in Zandronum since it uses zscript. In GZDoom you have to turn in on in the options and start a new game.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

man i tried everything doom 1 wad doom 2 wad.... gzdoom latest it still wont let me turn on classes in the option in game... i tried before starting a new game too.. all i get is vanilla game
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Just use the alt class command and set it to true and retry a new game.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Just use the alt class command and set it to true and retry a new game.
and what is that exactly sorry for me being a noob
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

theroguemonk wrote:
Starman the Blaziken wrote:Just use the alt class command and set it to true and retry a new game.
and what is that exactly sorry for me being a noob
theroguemonk wrote:man i tried everything doom 1 wad doom 2 wad.... gzdoom latest it still wont let me turn on classes in the option in game... i tried before starting a new game too.. all i get is vanilla game
It's fine, mods a little complicated tbh.
If you go to options you can find a setting under Ryuvain options. It should be all the way at the bottom of options. You can find "use ryuvain class" there. If it says no and you change it, it will still change to yes after starting a new game. You should get a message saying something about your blood, then you can use everything.

It's apparently a bug. Trying to change it in the menu looks like it doesn't do anything, but it still does?
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

TXTX wrote:
theroguemonk wrote:
Starman the Blaziken wrote:It's apparently a bug. Trying to change it in the menu looks like it doesn't do anything, but it still does?
Well when it does happen to me and cannot change no to yes, it still refuses to work.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

I can probably add another way in game to turn it on besides the menu.

Have you tried the console way? You can type "Ryuvain_altclass 1" and start a new game that way. That button should be under controls.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

is there supposed to be other weapons? because i only have vanila
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

There's unarmed weapons for all of the separate forms. You just have to change form. Hold sprint and then press use.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

hmm needs alot of work... this mod.. i just changed into super shredder but the png does float from the right to left
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

theroguemonk wrote:hmm needs alot of work... this mod.. i just changed into super shredder but the png does float from the right to left
That's simply a limitation of sprites. Can't do much with some if Doom-type games didnt originally support widescreen.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

all other mods work .. just make it end and start downwards to up

i see inside your mod you have a lot of graphics but in game for me i only see a hand with claws when sprinting everything else is vanilla

you have to do something for this mod to work right.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

theroguemonk wrote:all other mods work .. just make it end and start downwards to up

i see inside your mod you have a lot of graphics but in game for me i only see a hand with claws when sprinting everything else is vanilla

There is a lot of stuff dummied out or being developed, but the mod does use a lot of it. It's main focus is to use assets from other mods with your abilities.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

You REALLY have to work the way you are expressing yourself. This is not motivating for the modder, like, AT ALL.
MetroКОП

Post by MetroКОП »

Wow,very cool mod,And hey. what the -\mods/\Wads/\Maps/ you use in screenshots ?
And i have one problem with monsters after infect,and i stuck and can't complete level with infected blocking the passage.and i restart level or play as human and kill infected monsters.
I can't control yourself after monster drain my blood and i become infected.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”