Blood Stalker Discontinued

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TXTX

Re: Blood Stalker 2.2 Play as anything! Stability&Balance

Post by TXTX »

2.2 Release out. Check front page for details.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

I like the mod, for what I can only understand for now. But... Have you ever considered a Discord server for this mod? At least to help those a bit confused by the mod, take suggestions and can give feedback all in one place besides here on the forum, and possibly might help structure the mod a bit better in time.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:I like the mod, for what I can only understand for now. But... Have you ever considered a Discord server for this mod? At least to help those a bit confused by the mod, take suggestions and can give feedback all in one place besides here on the forum, and possibly might help structure the mod a bit better in time.
That's a possibility. I myself know absolutely nothing about discord though. I'd probably have to ask my brother to watch over it from there. :?
Starman the Blaziken

Your brother is more familiar to Discord I guess? :P
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Your brother is more familiar to Discord I guess? :P
He's definitely much better than I am.
Starman the Blaziken

Well understandable, though I do want to ask being that as I said, I am not all that familiar to the mod yet... Where do I get the ability to essentially turn into the Ryuvain person outside of that alt-class setting? And also how do I level up with her? Just kill enemies or does infecting them count?
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Well understandable, though I do want to ask being that as I said, I am not all that familiar to the mod yet... Where do I get the ability to essentially turn into the Ryuvain person outside of that alt-class setting? And also how do I level up with her? Just kill enemies or does infecting them count?
Ryuvain is essentially an add-on class to a normal player. The alt-class setting is how you toggle it on or off. For example, you could have viral enemies without using the class.

Leveling up is basically raising your max health by draining blood from enemies stronger than you. You normally only have a quarter of your max power unless you go fully berserk and transform. The screen will tint itself green if you're gaining more power along with your health increasing.

Infecting uses your own health to enthrall a target.

Funny how hard the mod is to explain. :lol:
Might have to add more detail to the current menu.
Starman the Blaziken

Yeah it might need some more explaining in the menu, but thanks. Gonna do some more experimenting with the mod then :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It looks promising and all, but i download Ryuvain.wad at the dropbox download link. I dragged the wad into GZDoom, ran the game but nothing was changed. Did i run this right?
Bodhisattva

Post by Bodhisattva »

Captain J wrote:ran the game but nothing was changed
Same here.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Captain J wrote:It looks promising and all, but i download Ryuvain.wad at the dropbox download link. I dragged the wad into GZDoom, ran the game but nothing was changed. Did i run this right?
There's a setting to turn the class on in the options menu. If it's on you will get a message talking about your blood. It's not on by default since I had multiplayer in mind and figured not everyone would want to use the class when starting.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

i cant get this to work? it only loads normal vanilla doom and i cant turn on the classes either .. i am realy confused
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

TXTX wrote:There's a setting to turn the class on in the options menu. If it's on you will get a message talking about your blood. It's not on by default since I had multiplayer in mind and figured not everyone would want to use the class when starting.
Ah, i get the point now. You have to touch the settings first and then the changes will be available... Although I would like to start the game without setting it manually, but it's good and all.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Captain J wrote:
TXTX wrote:There's a setting to turn the class on in the options menu. If it's on you will get a message talking about your blood. It's not on by default since I had multiplayer in mind and figured not everyone would want to use the class when starting.
Ah, i get the point now. You have to touch the settings first and then the changes will be available... Although I would like to start the game without setting it manually, but it's good and all.
The option can be saved. It doesn't turn back off if you turn it on.
It is "latched" though, meaning it only changes on a new game so you can't change in the middle of a playthrough.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

Captain J wrote:
is this gzdoom or zdrum .. because it wont let me turning it on ... and i get the very vanilla game that is really just hte vanilla game

Return to “Gameplay Mods”