Blood Stalker Discontinued

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
barosans

Re: Lord of Beasts-Z Edition 0.2 Story bits

Post by barosans »

i get a error with the alone = https://i.imgur.com/Fnv2CU8.png?1
TXTX

Re: Lord of Beasts-Z Edition 0.2 Story bits

Post by TXTX »

barosans wrote:i get a error with the alone = https://i.imgur.com/Fnv2CU8.png?1
I'm using GZDoom 4.0.0 and don't get an error. It might be the version since you have 3.7.2.
TXTX

Re: Lord of Beasts-Z Edition 0.3 Story bits

Post by TXTX »

Bugfix 0.3, Added Baron type support and Fixed morph player storage.

Also a ton of code ported to Zscript and runs hilariously faster.
TXTX

Re: Lord of Beasts-Z Edition 0.5 Story bits

Post by TXTX »

Bugfix 0.5 Fixed even more compatibility and added a way to remove information from blood.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

I was looking through the mod in SLADE, and I just wanted to suggest that you separate your ZScript code out into multiple files. You can use #include "[filename]" to include other files into the ZSCRIPT lump, letting you organize your code into multiple files.

[EDIT] Also, how do I absorb new forms? I can't seem to find the right key combo...
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

dawnbreez wrote:I was looking through the mod in SLADE, and I just wanted to suggest that you separate your ZScript code out into multiple files. You can use #include "[filename]" to include other files into the ZSCRIPT lump, letting you organize your code into multiple files.

[EDIT] Also, how do I absorb new forms? I can't seem to find the right key combo...
Yeah you're right. I'm pretty much trying to learn Zscript recently this year. Been way too used to decorate for all the years before that.

For morphs it's use+action key. For monster classes its use+reload hitting the monster you want to absorb.
You have to be high enough level and the morph has to be big enough for both.

New version up which fixes countless bugs. Revised balance. Less health needed for ultimate form. Lowered max health gained from enemies.
dawnbreez

Re: Lord of Beasts-Z Edition 0.6 Getting Balanced?

Post by dawnbreez »

Couple of things:
1. I've absorbed a Pinky, but when I try to morph, it says I don't have any forms available. Also, is it intended that I can absorb both while they're live *and* while they're dead?
2. It looks like I'm gaining *no* max health from enemies now.
3. How do I manage custom mutant slots?
[EDIT] Also 4. Hellwhip appears to be gone? I'm getting Stealth instead.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

dawnbreez wrote:Couple of things:
1. I've absorbed a Pinky, but when I try to morph, it says I don't have any forms available. Also, is it intended that I can absorb both while they're live *and* while they're dead?
2. It looks like I'm gaining *no* max health from enemies now.
3. How do I manage custom mutant slots?
[EDIT] Also 4. Hellwhip appears to be gone? I'm getting Stealth instead.
1. Monster forms can only be used by your thralls for now, players using them is still planned but zscript conversion put it on hold. Player morphs are other player classes and item morphs.

Absorbing from dead targets is intended but also not yet complete.

2. Lost at the balance for this one. Right now it only increases in targets with 1000+ health but it might be too high. Normally that's only the bosses in doom.

Running around with 1000 health from a cyber before kind of let you facetank everything easily.

3. Sprint+reload with the weapon. 99% sure but I'm at work right now lol. Haven't thoroughly tested yet with alt classing.

4. Whip was disabled while temporarily playing with balance. It will be back in the next update this weekend. My bad.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

No biggie! Maybe you could set it up so that you only absorb a fraction of max health from a monster, or so that you only get more health from absorbing unique monsters?
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

dawnbreez wrote:No biggie! Maybe you could set it up so that you only absorb a fraction of max health from a monster, or so that you only get more health from absorbing unique monsters?
Already set up that way actually. The max you can get is 10% of their health atm which is why cybers or masterminds are the main ones that increase health. Probably going to increase it to 15%? 25% like before gave you 1000 hp from a cyber which was too easy.
TXTX

Re: Lord of Beasts-Z Edition 0.7 Screenshots finally

Post by TXTX »

New 0.7 update. Finally added screenshots, along with other fixes listed on first page.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

TXTX wrote: 25% like before gave you 1000 hp from a cyber which was too easy.
Maybe you could cap it per monster, then. You get either a percentage or 150 HP, whichever is lower.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

I thought about that, but then it would break compatibility with other mods that add higher health for monsters.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

I don't think it would. It would be as simple as using:

Code: Select all

min(150,[health variable]*0.25)
This would give you either the monster's health times 0.25, or 150, whichever is lower, which means you wouldn't need to worry about the monster having higher max health than expected.

Alternatively, you could set the health scale super low, but add a minimum amount--thus:

max(1,[health variable]*0.01)
This would give either the monster's health times 1%, or 1--whichever is higher. This ensures that you're always adding at *least* 1.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

dawnbreez wrote:I don't think it would. It would be as simple as using:

min(150,[health variable]*0.25)
This would give you either the monster's health times 0.25, or 150, whichever is lower, which means you wouldn't need to worry about the monster having higher max health than expected.

Alternatively, you could set the health scale super low, but add a minimum amount--thus:

max(1,[health variable]*0.01)
This would give either the monster's health times 1%, or 1--whichever is higher. This ensures that you're always adding at *least* 1.
What I meant was that the code checks the maxhealth of the monster itself and gains health according to that. I see what you mean by adding a minimum health gain even from weaker monsters or a cap on stronger ones.

The mods made to scale to whatever hp your enemy is so for example a mod with 1000 as normal enemy health and 10000 for bosses you could still take on. Putting a cap would break the class even though it's extremely specific.

I could add a minimum gain like you said so that you could at least get 200 or so from weaker monsters, or add a system which would allow slower health gain in the first place. I could actually add both along with a customizable minimum health max as well via an option maybe.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”