Blood Price 1.2 Big Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Blood Price 1.0 Mod Base Finished

Postby TXTX » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:08 am

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've always been working on it this whole time but never got to a good state for an upload. Also work takes your life.

Besides a few bugs the mod baseline is finished. It will always be updated and bugfixed. Even adding new content isn't out either.
That just means that the main part of the mod is finished and stable.

I will update the changelog but I don't know when I'll have the time to sit down with it on the details. Main page may be slightly inaccurate.
TXTX
Insane Feline, Hacking through ZScript

Re: Blood Price 1.2 Big Update

Postby TXTX » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:58 am

1.2 BIG Update
Whoo boy, sorry I've been gone for so long. I havent stopped working on the mod but also never got enough off time from work to test and upload properly. I've fixed countless bugs including one which prevented all morphs from appearing. New abilities are also included, one of which I fell in love with: Pouncing.

Pouncing allows you to use a aimable dash to traverse the map or dodge attacks, please use responsibly since most map makers probably don't think you would have this much mobility. Pouncing along with dodging makes you hyper-mobile and its just plain fun as heck.

Theres also another important mechanic: Rage.
When rage activates your entire screen with flood with red meaning you barely flinch from attacks anymore and do much more melee damage. Your regeneration also starts going out of control, taking your blood points and making you almost unstoppable, but also draining it passively. You can stave off rage by draining enough blood so that your body stops craving it. That's made more difficult with how it drains blood in rage.

Reviving has been somewhat reworked as well. It prevents you from respawning for a while so that you don't accidentally respawn when you could have revived yourself instead.

A lot more things have changed but it's definitely hard to keep a stable changelog when you hardly have luxury time to play with things and keep track of all the small changes.
TXTX

Postby Rua Gubs » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:33 pm

I know this might be a stupid question, but what's the action button and where do I bind it?
Rua Gubs

Postby TXTX » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:58 am

Rua Gubs wrote:I know this might be a stupid question, but what's the action button and where do I bind it?

Oops. Accidentally left that part commented out of the code out when testing. I'll upload a fixed version on the same download.
It'll be in controls under options.

OK SERIOUSLY. Fixed for real now.
TXTX

Postby TXTX » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:02 pm

Sorry for another post, but download link was on the wrong file. Fixed.
TXTX

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods