Universal Guncaster Adapter 1.7 [mini-mod]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Universal Guncaster Adapter 1.5 [mini-mod]

Postby mpcomp » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:54 pm

Greetings

Update: Reading" The Nameless Watcher" comment i went back to hardsave and tried the prism laser ... only to experience for 2 hard save loads the prism laser worked fine giving acid blast effect (expanding and popping like balloon) and chill effect (freeze death ) on enemies and then on third load it happened .. VM abort with same error mentioned in previous post..... so it stands to reason that , as mentioned on guncaster main page glossary , the prism laser uses random spell effects besides faster monster hp drain so behind this crash is the same effect that is causing VM abort crash when either apocolypse or scrougebreath spells are used..... in short i can confirm what user " The Nameless Watcher" has mentioned.
Peace
mpcomp

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Universal Guncaster Adapter 1.6 [mini-mod]

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:44 pm

Updating to version 1.6

-This includes a new particle effect for the tracers fired by monsters with the hitscan override. This particle effect makes full use of GC resources to produce the sparks and smoke.
-Commander keen based monsters should now properly receive the adapter
-Scourgebreath/Apocalypse/Prism Laser VM Aborting should now be corrected.

mpcomp wrote:VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero.
Called from GuncastDamageScript.DoEffect at Universal_Guncaster_Adapter.pk3:zscript/genericcustommonsters.txt, line 101

The Nameless Watcher wrote:I am also getting the error reported by mpcomp.

Using Guncaster and its addon, Colourful Hell 0.97ccc fiiix , and 1.5 of this addon.

mpcomp wrote:Update: Reading" The Nameless Watcher" comment i went back to hardsave and tried the prism laser ... only to experience for 2 hard save loads the prism laser worked fine giving acid blast effect (expanding and popping like balloon) and chill effect (freeze death ) on enemies and then on third load it happened .. VM abort with same error mentioned in previous post.....

This VM abort should be fixed now
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!

Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD

Postby affandede » Thu May 02, 2019 1:25 pm

Selecting the "replace nothing, adapt" option makes the map keep its custom monsters but "guncasterize" them, right? Making them drop dosh and all? But on Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.1, selecting this option on Eviternity makes those emerald pinkies... nazi dogos.
affandede

Postby Fureyon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:58 am

Should probably wait for an update, but testing this with Guncaster 3.3 and Colorful Hell 97CCC, I seem to be able to make the VM abort fairly consistently when changing levels and using the Apocalypse spell.
This doesn't happen in the first level after loading the game, whether it be a New Game or Save game.
I've also noticed the monsters seem to retain the properties of whatever hit them before them being killed by the Brimstone: You can observe this by using Gumpop and then killing the enemy with the sword.
The enemy will instead pop as if killed by gumpop rather than get gibbed.

The VM abort I got:
Code: Select allExpand view
VM execution aborted: Tried to read from address zero
Called from Actor.CountInv at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/actors/inventory_util.zs
Called from GuncasterDamageScript.DoEffect at Universal_Guncaster_Adapter.pk3:zscript/genericcustommonsters.txt, line 79
Fureyon

Re: Universal Guncaster Adapter 1.7 [mini-mod]

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:00 am

Updating to 1.7
I'll post some details later... my head hurts so much right now >.<
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!

Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD

Postby Fureyon » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Thanks for updating :)
Fureyon

Postby GamingMarine » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:04 pm

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:Updating to 1.7
I'll post some details later... my head hurts so much right now >.<

Does this update include compatibility with the newest release of Guncaster (3.3)?
GamingMarine

Postby Fureyon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Yes, it should work with GC 3.3
I think the bug observed in GCVin with the screen shaking is also present here. I got a crash when doing a groundpound with the powersuit.

EDIT: Forgot to post my mod order
damnums 1.0.1
MapsOfChaos-Overkill
Guncaster 3.3
GC_Addon
GC_WeaponShop
ColorfulHell 97CCC
Universal GC Adapter 1.7
LegendoomLite 3.0
Fureyon

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods