Xim's Star Wars Doom - Update (5/4/21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Update (5/4/21)

Postby Xim » Thu May 13, 2021 4:17 pm

r&r wrote:wondering whats your thoughts on using Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds sprites?

Those are a bit too small, plus I already have Vader and Chewie sprites. I've gotten sprites from that website before and often check it out for other things.
Xim

Postby Sebrw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:19 am

Hi Xim! Thanks for your fantastic mod :-)
Quick question: It is obvious what are the features of Kyle/Mara, Jedi, and Mandalorian class but does the smuggler and Trooper class come with special features as well or only a unique set of weapons (Grenades and A280 for trooper and just the shotgun blaster for the smuggler?)
Thanks!
Sebrw

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby openroadracer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:01 am

Sebrw wrote:Hi Xim! Thanks for your fantastic mod :-)
Quick question: It is obvious what are the features of Kyle/Mara, Jedi, and Mandalorian class but does the smuggler and Trooper class come with special features as well or only a unique set of weapons (Grenades and A280 for trooper and just the shotgun blaster for the smuggler?)
Thanks!
The Trooper can akimbo pistols, you just have to find a second copy of each sidearm.

Also, more grenades than you'll know what to do with. Freeze grenades, incendiary grenades, poison grenades. You'll be able to just spam explosives.

The others, I don't know about. I'm still running GZ4.3.3, so I'm only using the V2.6 of Star Wars DooM.
openroadracer

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Xim » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:50 am

Yeah openroadracer pretty much summed it up. The smuggler and trooper can dual wield pistols and they start off with either a rebel rifle or a blaster shotgun. Other than the starting kits they're not much different from each other. The smuggler also starts off with a heavy pistol so you're more likely to be able to dual wield earlier on.

But I'm glad you're enjoying the mod Sebrw.

And as a note about the mod, I have done very little since the last update. Most of you probably noticed I started working on another project, since I felt like this one is pretty much complete save for a couple things. There's a couple things I can fix up with updates to the GZDoom engine as well so I might release a minor update soon that uses the new version.
Xim

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods