Xim's Star Wars Doom - Updated (MAY/4/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ReX

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom

Post by ReX »

Xim wrote:.... the Boba Fett sprite from Dark Forces is flying only.
I have a set of walking/running sprites for Boba Fett if you want. If you incorporate them alongside the flying sprites into a "complete" enemy package, I'd love to get your permission to use the new enemy.

[Edit: Actually, what the heck! I'll just attach them.]
BobaFett.wad
Boba Fett Waling/Running Sprites
(180.09 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Xim

Post by Xim »

Here's a new little update. Boba Fett has been remastered.
Spoiler:
ReX

Post by ReX »

Xim wrote:Here's a new little update. Boba Fett has been remastered.
-Boba Fett has been redone, now he walks and flies and spawns with the Mancubus. New voice clips too!
Excellent!
Based on your text file I understand that you give other authors permission to use your work, correct? [Of course, I'll credit you with the entire Boba Fett actor.]

[EDIT: I just tried going toe-to-toe with the formidable Boba Fett, and got my ass handed to me on a platter. Great work!]
Xim

Post by Xim »

ReX wrote: Excellent!
Based on your text file I understand that you give other authors permission to use your work, correct? [Of course, I'll credit you with the entire Boba Fett actor.]
Oh yeah, go for it. I've used other authors' work so it'd be unfair for me to not let others use mine.
ReX wrote: [EDIT: I just tried going toe-to-toe with the formidable Boba Fett, and got my ass handed to me on a platter. Great work!]
You know who he is, you know how this ends. :P
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Love the new update especially Bobba Fett any chance of having a weapons only and an enemies only versions?
Xim

Post by Xim »

Yes, I am thinking of doing that actually. That'll probably be the next step.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Made the "weapons only" version. I still included the items. It's more of a "no-enemies" version I guess. Some of the weapons have been re-balanced a little bit (Ion gun does more damage, mortar gun does less).
I'll do a "monsters only" version later, which might still include most of the items, just for balance.

Download here or on the first post.
armymen12002003

Nice can't wait to have a monsters only version so i can gun down a stormtrooper with the weapons from doom incarnate.
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

This is literally my favorite mod, and I feel spoiled because I can't find a mod that's as much of a robust and polished complete makeover for Doom. Excellent work--truly excellent!
Xim

Post by Xim »

armymen12002003 wrote:Nice can't wait to have a monsters only version so i can gun down a stormtrooper with the weapons from doom incarnate.
I had the same idea earlier too. Download here or at the first post.

The enemies simply drop whatever weapons their doom counterparts drop. Imp replacements drop clips and some of the tougher enemies drop other items too. I find this version to be quite hard with the vanilla weapons so I'd recommend a beefed up arsenal like Doom Incarnate (Metroid Dreadnought is kind of fun too, and it offers a cool cross-over experience).

Load them in whichever order you want the difficulty settings to be set to. Doom Incarnate's difficulties are probably more challenging (I'm a noob so I go with my mods easier difficulty). But loading the enemies after might offer more compatibility with more gameplay mods (like ones that replace enemies).
armymen12002003

Xim wrote:
armymen12002003 wrote:Nice can't wait to have a monsters only version so i can gun down a stormtrooper with the weapons from doom incarnate.
I had the same idea earlier too. Download here or at the first post.

The enemies simply drop whatever weapons their doom counterparts drop. Imp replacements drop clips and some of the tougher enemies drop other items too. I find this version to be quite hard with the vanilla weapons so I'd recommend a beefed up arsenal like Doom Incarnate (Metroid Dreadnought is kind of fun too, and it offers a cool cross-over experience).

Load them in whichever order you want the difficulty settings to be set to. Doom Incarnate's difficulties are probably more challenging (I'm a noob so I go with my mods easier difficulty). But loading the enemies after might offer more compatibility with more gameplay mods (like ones that replace enemies).
yea your right loading doom incarnate after the enemies it does give it quite the challenge which i really like especially while playing doomed space wars lol

EDIT Small bug report for the enemies only version those who fire's the sonic gun i.e. admiral's sound doesn't play also death troopers and shadow troopers doesn't have sounds
Xim

Post by Xim »

Yeah I forgot to include the SNDINFO for some stuff. Should be working now, but I don't know what's wrong with the death trooper. I keep having problems with his sounds and it's getting on my nerves lol.
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

Just played the first couple of levels of my wad Dark Universe wad with this mod (thanks for recommending it in the read me, by the way). Played a lot of Star Wars TCs with this map set (since it uses Dark Forces textures). This one is the best, IMO. I like the one for one enemy replacements instead of a bunch of random spawners. Gonna finish the rest of the wad later. Great job and thank you for this.

Here is the Dark Universe wad for anyone to try: https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/19 ... se-part-1/
Xim

Post by Xim »

Thanks, I'm glad you're liking it. I added the link to Dark Universe on the first post here too.
armymen12002003

Xim wrote:Yeah I forgot to include the SNDINFO for some stuff. Should be working now, but I don't know what's wrong with the death trooper. I keep having problems with his sounds and it's getting on my nerves lol.
lol never mind i can hear him now just barely maybe turn up the sound files?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”