[WIP] Ni'mRoD Plus - v0.2 (ALPHA)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nailz the Ravager
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

[WIP] Ni'mRoD Plus - v0.2 (ALPHA)

Post by Nailz the Ravager »

Ni'mRoD Plus - this is a cosmetic mod for Ni'mRoD TC, adapted for other Doom TC's This mod doesn't change game mechanic, it just improves effects, animations, sounds, etc...
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/1gtvluk[/imgur]

Weapons :
1. Hand-mounted machine gun
This lil' death dealer sprays 9mm bullets pretty fast. Also, it had pretty good accuracy, so on first levels, this baby can save your ass!
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/9he4Rsc[/imgur]

2. Combat shotgun
This bastard spews a 8 pellets at one shot. Isn't it beautiful?
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/tGkF4uU[/imgur]

3. Perforator cannon
This triple-barreled lead sprayer is good choice for cleansing a small rooms and tight corridors.
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/ZWFZt2T[/imgur]

4. Hand mortar
This baby throws a fragmentation grenades in your enemies. But be careful! Bouncy projectile can blow your ass off!
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/kqum87o[/imgur]

5. Howitzer
Fires a jet-propelled projectile, that causes a LOTS OF DAMAGE upon impact!
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/WkU5A2d[/imgur]

6. Impulse cannon
Energy-type weapon. Impulse gun fires high-temperature plasma ball, that inflict a lots of pain and traumas
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/wdAIA8W[/imgur]

7. BFG 1000 shareware beta 2.0
Yep, this is a granddaddy of yer BFG-9000. The dreadful apparatus launches a giant energy ball, that spawns a thanatogenic energy blast bringing death to all life forms in your field of view
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/7sENJPS[/imgur]

VIDEOS (OUTDATED)

Credits :
UNHOLY software team - original WAD and graphics
Action Forms team - BFG muzzleflashes
Xatrix team - muzzleflashes for firearms
Sgt. Shivers - customizable recoil code, that I taken from his FINAL DOOMER

:!: DOWNLOAD : https://drive.google.com/open?id=18ipSZ ... qaH4X77Fd_
Last edited by Nailz the Ravager on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Gideon020

Re: [WIP] Ni'mRoD Plus - v0.1 (PRE-ALPHA)

Post by Gideon020 »

Interesting weapons mod. I was worried about how much space the chaingun occupied but it worked nicely.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

i love how even tho the original ni'mrod's weapons are basically reskins of the original doom weapons, you managed to make them feel radically different from those. it's definitively an improvement. great job, man. by the way, are you gonna add an ssg replacement?

ps: on an unrelated note, in order to know what this mod was a remake of, i went ahead and downloaded the original, and the sound design was so bad, it actually peaked my headset and i had to unplug and plug back the connector to stop the audio from crackling lol
Nailz the Ravager

Gideon020 wrote:Interesting weapons mod.
Thank you!
LossForWords wrote:i love how even tho the original ni'mrod's weapons are basically reskins of the original doom weapons, you managed to make them feel radically different from those. it's definitively an improvement. great job, man. by the way, are you gonna add an ssg replacement?
I have no idea about the SSG replacement. But i'm glad you like it)
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

This looks beautiful. I'd totally forgotten about Nimrod but seeing this thread come up really brought up some nostalgia to an ancient mod. I'm looking forward to trying this out!
Nailz the Ravager

Voltcom9 wrote:This looks beautiful. I'd totally forgotten about Nimrod but seeing this thread come up really brought up some nostalgia to an ancient mod. I'm looking forward to trying this out!
Thank you for a kind words)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I love love love, DEEPLY LOVE this mod and the special effects! Also Sound Effects are also satisfying to listen to. You've done absolutely great. And some weapons are balanced and powerful to use and that's a fabulous news... However i also found some awkward moments and i'd like to show them to you;

- Unlike other weapons, Combat Shotgun tilts in opposite direction every time i shoot with this gun. Intentional?

- I know that Perforator is Strong High-Caliber Weapon, but i honestly think the recoil coming from it is just Ruthless; it tilts way too much in a second, making the aiming real hard. Quake 2 Chaingun is one of the good example of weapon with sightly-rough recoil system, that you should take notes from.

- Hand Mortar is pretty awkward to use. The Projectile always propels above the target and makes it kinda inaccurate, unless if you down. Reminds me of Descender from Rebel Rumble. Heh...

- The same thing goes to BFG. I know that you don't have to aim with this thing because it acts just like Vanilla one, but with further Splash Damage, But it might suck big time when the projectile disappears when it leaves the map instead of hitting the target or the wall. Just saying!

- Howitzer, Impulse Cannon and BFG's Projectile does not have its own Decal. You know, a Scorch Texture spawning on the wall upon Impact?

And that's about it. I also love the extra bobbing during the weapon animations. That's some really good touch!
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nailz the Ravager

Captain J wrote:I love love love, DEEPLY LOVE this mod and the special effects! Also Sound Effects are also satisfying to listen to. You've done absolutely great. And some weapons are balanced and powerful to use and that's a fabulous news... However i also found some awkward moments and i'd like to show them to you;

- Unlike other weapons, Combat Shotgun tilts in opposite direction every time i shoot with this gun. Intentional?

- I know that Perforator is Strong High-Caliber Weapon, but i honestly think the recoil coming from it is just Ruthless; it tilts way too much in a second, making the aiming real hard. Quake 2 Chaingun is one of the good example of weapon with sightly-rough recoil system, that you should take notes from.

- Hand Mortar is pretty awkward to use. The Projectile always propels above the target and makes it kinda inaccurate, unless you to look down. Reminds me of Descender from Rebel Rumble. Heh...

- The same thing goes to BFG. I know that you don't have to aim with this thing because it acts just like Vanilla one, but with further Splash Damage, But it might suck big time when the projectile disappears when it leaves the map instead of hitting the target or the wall. Just saying!

- Howitzer, Impulse Cannon and BFG's Projectile does not have its own Decal. You know, a Scorch Texture spawning on the wall upon Impact?

And that's about it. I also love the extra bobbing during the weapon animations. That's some really good touch!
Thanks for a detailed feedback, Captain J! I'll try to fix that flaws in my mod!
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

I really love the visual effects you have for this mod, the BFG is particularly spectacular. As much as I love overkill weapon feedback, do you think you'd be able to put in a CVAR or something to half or disable the camera recoil? It's fun on some weapons but after a while it gets disorientating. It might also be a good idea to speed up the altfire melee a bit on the machine gun too. I'm really enjoying this mod so far, I look forwards to seeing where you go with it.
Nailz the Ravager

Sgt. Shivers wrote:I really love the visual effects you have for this mod, the BFG is particularly spectacular. As much as I love overkill weapon feedback, do you think you'd be able to put in a CVAR or something to half or disable the camera recoil? It's fun on some weapons but after a while it gets disorientating. It might also be a good idea to speed up the altfire melee a bit on the machine gun too. I'm really enjoying this mod so far, I look forwards to seeing where you go with it.
thanks for a feedback! maybe, i'll add a CVAR functions in mod, 'cuz it can be really good and comfortable feature.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

One thing I sorta hate about the hand mortar is that the trajectory of the grenades is specifically calculated to sail over your enemies and bounce back to you in enclosed areas. I fire the mortar at a cluster of zombies, and more often than not, it ricochets off the walls or the ground, convieniently away from them and onto me. Perhaps lower the arc of the grenades?
Nailz the Ravager

In version 0.2, you'll get a new, dreadfull weapons - sawn-off and rail-gun! Wait for the new version, because it will be released very soon! :D
Nailz the Ravager

Re: [WIP] Ni'mRoD Plus - v0.2 (NEW ALPHA)

HOLY SHIT, WTF IS DAT?
THIS IS A NEW VERSION OF NI'MROD PLUS!!!

HURRY, MY DUDES AND DUDENETTES! DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION WITH NEW MAGNIFICENT EFFECTS AND FEATURES!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18ipSZ ... qaH4X77Fd_
I'll be very grateful for your feedbacks!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”